Just back from WDW...

madonna31

<font color=9999FF>WDWWDS Entertainment VP<br><fon
Hi everyone, just back from a glorious 2 weeks at the Poly and GF...any questions?

We were originally booked at POR - got upgraded to Poly before we left - stayed there just a couple of nights, we had some problems there and were moved over to the GF...

...if you ever eat in the Grand Floridian cafe - you "HAVE to ask to sit in Izzi's section - tell him that the girl who gave him his Tower of Terror key sent ya and that I say "hi"...

... we were told by the literature in our room that the flag from the WTC was on display at Epcot until Feb 2004, we went to Epcot and the CM running the American Pavillion told us that it wasn't there anymore, it left 2 weeks ago - we came back to our hotel to complain - the manager called Epcot Guest relations to find out that the flag was indeed still there and that the CM that we spoke to just didn't know it - that was VERY disappointing...

madonna31 - Welcome back!
Regarding the 9/11 flag. We went directly to Epcot and the CM told us it left on April 30. The original owner wanted it returned to him/her.
Posted this on the theme park board upon our return and others were told the same thing.
Was perhaps the Manager just trying to be nice?? As far as I (and other DISer's) were told it's gone.
Anyone know how to clarify this?
I'd hate to see people making a special trip to see it when it's not there.

Welcome back!! Hope your trip was really magical. I'm curious to hear what happened during your Poly stay. I've always wanted to stay there..... Thanks!

Oh - the resort was nice - but there were these people above us - OMG - you would have thought that they were doing construction up there!!! Every morning they woke us up at like 6:00 am, after the third morning - we had enough, complained and they moved us, the resort was just jammed with people and tons of screaming kids - I think it was so full because they took a lot of the overflow of the POFQ/POR changes...

IMHO - I won't stay there again - it's nice, but I prefer the GF hands down...

Wow - your situation at the Poly was like our recent stay at All Star Sports. We were sooo glad to move to AKL where there was no noise once we were back in our room. Glad you were happy at the GF. Will you do a trip report? I'd love to hear more about GF. Cheers!

LOL...I've never done a trip report before - I never have the time, but I can answer ANY questions you have about it - the best part is that they moved us to Lagoon View for the same rate we were paying at the Poly ($139/night) I'm still in shock over the rate...

If you don't like noise - I strongly suggest that you stay away from the Poly...

Was the pool at the Poly crowded? Now I'm worried because DD & I are staying there in October & were hoping it wouldn't be too crowded or noisy. The GF is definitely a nice quiet resort - which building were you in? We were in Big Pine Key & loved it...we could actually see the fireworks from our balcony, although we didn't discover that until our last night ;) Glad to hear you had a great vacation.

Hi Lisa!

The Volcanoe pool was VERY crowded and extremelly noisy - but only about 4 other people in the quiet pool....our room view was horrible - it was ground floor in Samoa (sp?) facing the side of the washrooms at the pool...we even had a guy with a mower doing landscaping outside the window at times...grrrr....

We were in the Big Pine Key as well - #9323 - view of the Poly and wedding pavillion - which was awesome 'cause we had a the lagoon view on the other side (of the castle) last year on our honeymoon.

I've stayed in Conch Key, Boca Chica and now Big Pine Key twice -I think Boca is my fav, but Big Pine is a VERY close second...

Oh - I almost forgot - we saw Drew Carey there at the GF and we saw the Roy and Walt Suites at the GF - they were something else!

Welcome back Madonna! What a terrific rate to pay to stay at the GF. I've always dreamed of staying there, but lately had started thinking about the Poly. It always seems so pretty and very quiet when we have visited there or gone for Tonga Toast at the Kona Café. Maybe I'll have to change my "dream" back to the GF! How did you happen to see the Roy and Walt Suites?

Well...IMHO - you CANT beat the food at the Poly; O'hana's, Kona, the coffee house (best coffee in WDW), don't even get me started on the *chocolate eruption* cake at Kona....yummm....BUT - it was no where near the *quietness* that I thought it was going to have

As for the seeing the suites - we just asked if we could see the suites - I never knew that they would show them to you if you are staying there and just ask to see one...lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter