Just Back- GAD Fast Pass info

BLAN99

Mouseketeer
Just back from a great 6 day vacation. We used our Volunteer certificate to get the Fast Passes which was really great because it allowed us to "walk " right on to many rides. I did run into a slight problem I wanted to pass on to everyone.
Be aware that even if the ride runs out of FP (like Toy Story Mania which ran out at 11:00 for the whole day) you can still ride it because they have a special green FP machine that stays open. If a machine is not available talk to a CM and if they do not know go to guest services.
In our case, we were at Space Mtn at 8:00pm and the FPs were gone and all of the FP machines were covered. Unfortunately the FP CM was not familiar with our green GAD passes and told me we could not ride it. I told them that a machine should always be open for us and she said that the FP machines were closed. I went to City Hall and the guest services CM gave us a yellow ticket we could use for FP. She told us that we should have asked for a manager at the Space Mtn ride to straighten it out.

Also we used our FPs to "pay it forward" and printed out any remaining FPs and gave them out as we left the park. We really made other people's day.

We had the same problem at Space Mountain on two separate nights....the only ride in all the parks to not leave a machine uncovered and no one had a clue.

You would think they'd have gotten the word to them by now...ANYONE encountering a problem, please stop by Guest Relations to let them know...otherwise people will get turned away not knowing better...

We had the same problem at AK with Kali River Rapids. The CM at the (closed) FP machines claimed she had never heard of being able to use the GAD FP after the machines had closed and that we needed to talk to Guest Relations.
My daughter told her we had already talked to them and they were the ones who had verified the information (of course, we had read it on here and every day when we redeemed a voucher, we verified the info at Guest Relations). When we told her that, she pulled out the FP and handed them to us.

Just back, and the GAD FPs were wonderful! :cool1: We redeemed at MK and didn't use all of our credits, hopped to Epcot (and redeemed another voucher) just to ride Soarin' and TT and a few other rides (we gifted four TT FPs to a family trying to decide if they should enter the ride at 8:15 with a posted 100 minute wait - they were SO happy and surprised!). We used a voucher for FPs yesterday at DHS - we definitely got the most bang for our buck there. We rode TSM three times using the GAD FP cards. FPs ran out for TSM at 11:15, but I was able to walk up and print 8 FPs (two credits from each of four FP cards). The CMs were saying that the FPs were gone for the day and I heard people asking "How come SHE gets to get FPs?" The CM said I had a "special" ticket. :rotfl2: We used park tickets for FPs for ToT and RnR.

Another note - Splash WAS on our list of FPs - we rode BTMRR followed by Splash using GAD credits, which was sweet. Frontierland is my least favorite part of MK because it is always so crowded and seems like the hottest part of the park - it was great to ride BTMRR and Splash quickly.

As far as FPs not being in use - we ran into that twice - once on Maelstrom, but the CM let us walk through the FP line without even using our credits, and once at VotLM, where the CM insisted that we couldn't get FPs since FPs weren't in use that day. We waited for the show, but I noticed on the way out of the theater that one FP machine was uncovered with the GAD sign on top - the CM was just misinformed.

The CMs were saying that the FPs were gone for the day and I heard people asking "How come SHE gets to get FPs?" The CM said I had a "special" ticket. :rotfl2:

Someone else will be reporting in another thread soon that they saw someone that had "special" Fastpasses and were allowed to use the Fastpass line any time they wanted...

Someone else will be reporting in another thread soon that they saw someone that had "special" Fastpasses and were allowed to use the Fastpass line any time they wanted...

:rotfl2: Yep, but if they are DISers and have read your great description of the GAD FP exchange cards, they'll know the drill! :)

Just back, and the GAD FPs were wonderful! We redeemed at MK and didn't use all of our credits, hopped to Epcot just to ride Soarin' and TT and a few other rides

I thought they were only good at one park, so you can go to another park and use them on that day.

Can someone explain what you get with using your GAD certificate for fastpass credits? I was planning to do it but not sure what is involved?

I thought they were only good at one park, so you can go to another park and use them on that day.

They are only good at the park you get it at...I don't think S&PsMom meant that.

Can someone explain what you get with using your GAD certificate for fastpass credits? I was planning to do it but not sure what is involved?

See the link in my signature.

That is a really good idea. How many pass credits do you get per certificate?

For each voucher, you get a FP exchange card for everyone in your group (up to six, but you might get more if you have a larger group). Each FP card has six credits - three "Donald" and three "Daisy". So each person in your group has six credits to use.

Way more info here. :goodvibes

For each voucher, you get a FP exchange card for everyone in your group (up to six, but you might get more if you have a larger group). Each FP card has six credits - three "Donald" and three "Daisy". So each person in your group has six credits to use.

Way more info here. :goodvibes

Thanks! It does seems like a better idea to use only one voucher per park and spread out the fast passes. I thought that only one person would get a voucher per GAD certificate not the whole group. We're a group of three and my son doesn't ride the thrill type rides. I' sure we can put it to good use at MK though.

Since you don't redeem them in advance, can the party do a different combination of rides? For example at DHS: Can my husband choose to ride Rock N Roller Coaster twice, and TSM once, while I use the pass for TSM three times? I read the Untangled site, which was a lot of help, but just wanted to check here to be sure about this.

Since you don't redeem them in advance, can the party do a different combination of rides? For example at DHS: Can my husband choose to ride Rock N Roller Coaster twice, and TSM once, while I use the pass for TSM three times? I read the Untangled site, which was a lot of help, but just wanted to check here to be sure about this.

Totally. Each card is independent of the others. And they aren't tied to anyone either really. One card can get 3 FPs at TSM, and another three at RNRC. You can use the FPs however you wish.

We're planning on arriving at Disney on the 15th (the last day of TSM before shutdown for repairs). We have a 5pm dinner at the HDDR and then we were planning to go to HS. Do you think we would have any problems using our GAD fast pass late in the day? I want to ride it 3 times too since it will be our only chance to get it in this trip.

We're planning on arriving at Disney on the 15th (the last day of TSM before shutdown for repairs). We have a 5pm dinner at the HDDR and then we were planning to go to HS. Do you think we would have any problems using our GAD fast pass late in the day? I want to ride it 3 times too since it will be our only chance to get it in this trip.

We arrive on the 15 too:yay::yay: How did I miss that
TSM will close after that day:scared1: We will have 4 GAD vouchers (fastpass) for our trip:dance3:

TSM will close after that day:scared1: We will have 4 GAD vouchers (fastpass) for our trip:dance3:

We both need to get to DHS on Sunday! Our problem is that we have a HDDR reservation for 5pm and I promised my son we would hit the pool as soon as we arrive. He cannot wait to check out the dig site pool at CSR.

Yes, it will close for refurb from Aug 16 to Aug 28th. It has been anounced and talked about for a couple of months now. We are in the same boat...and I am quite disappointed I will not be able to GAD fastpass TSM late int he afternoon after all the fast passes have been handed out. But I am not changing my one TSM day to that sunday....we have ADR's already set...and we don't want out two MK days back to back thursday and friday...so we'll just have to miss TSM this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter