Just back last night - short reviews

randyl

Mouseketeer
We just returned last night - boy was Epcot packed on Sunday.

Thursday - Spoodle's (dinner):

We love this place. Service always good and a great place for kids. Chicken flatbread and lamb tzaziki app's were great; my gratin of scallops was good but not as tasty as I am used to (picky New Englander when it comes to seafood). The fettucini alfredo rivals Alfredo's at Italy pavillion.

We did Cape May buffet breakfast twice. Food was great both times but noticed a very slightly smaller hot food selection than a year ago. Characters were all over the place.

Friday - Sci Fi (lunch)

Had a good cajun catfish sandwich; everyone else had burgers. All were good.

Friday - Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner):

I have always liked this place but was somewhat disappointed with my steak this time. They had a USDA prime strip on the menu for $45.99 - which I got (CM said they have it only a few months a year). I have to say it definitely was not worth the money. I have spent good money on steaks and several "name" steakhouses and this steak could could come not close to those others. I was disappointed. The appetizer of barbecued shrimp was great though. The others had barrel cut tenderloins which were very good. The CM was the best we had at any of the restaurants during our stay.

Saturday - Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)

First time there. Was pleased with the service and was a nice oasis on a hot day in MK. I had the reuben which was unusual as it was served on molasses bread. Very tasty and unique. The rest got the salads with chicken and apples. Huge!

Saturday - Marrakesh (Morocco)

What a hidden jewel! Great service, great show and great food. We had one of those "feasts" which was soup to dessert. I was very pleased with the quality and quantity. The belly dancer was beautiful!

Sunday - Tusker House (late lunch)

Never seen this place so packed. Had the standard chicken sandwich, salads, etc. Nothing special, nothing bad. AK needs restaurants!

Sunday - Nine Dragons (dinner)

I've never seen Epcot so packed since its first year open. Unreal and not fun. I love Nine Dragons but you could tell that they were not ready for the onslaught of diners. People waiting in the lobby and outside to eat. Had the shank in spicy dressing, pot stickers and mongolian beef stick for app's; then had the honey sesame chicken, a steak dish and fried rice for dessert. This place is becoming my favorite Epcot restaurant. Everything was great.

Monday - California Grill (dinner)

My birthday. We had a beautiful window table. Had various app's (chicken flat bread, sashimi, etc.) I had the wild salmon on corn salad. The salmon was slightly overcooked although they told me it would be cooked no more than medium (and I happily agreed), but the corn salad and fingerling potatoes were great. Had the blueberry trifle for dessert along with the recommended wine pairing. Fantastic....and many martini's also!!!!

Originally posted by randyl

Sunday - Nine Dragons (dinner)

I've never seen Epcot so packed since its first year open. Unreal and not fun. I love Nine Dragons but you could tell that they were not ready for the onslaught of diners. People waiting in the lobby and outside to eat. Had the shank in spicy dressing, pot stickers and mongolian beef stick for app's; then had the honey sesame chicken, a steak dish and fried rice for dessert.

Hi,

Can you explain how the "shank in spicy dressing" is prepared and the cost?....as I don't see it listed on the online menus for the Nine Dragons.

Thanks...

Sunday at Epcto was horrible wasnt it!! I havent seen it that crowded in years!!!!
I have allways wnated to try Morroco maybe next trip!!
Thanks for the reviews!!

Shank in spicy dressing is on the dim sum menu but because I love it so much, I asked my CM if I could place an order for an appetizer before dinner (I ended up getting 2 orders!). Someone posted the new lunch/dim sum menu on this board - maybe about a month ago and it showed the shank dish.

Basically, it is very firm (pressed?) beef shank (no bone and not "falling apart") sliced thin and tossed in a spicy Asian oil with some very thinly sliced greens (scallions?). It is served cold and it is delicious.

We did Cape May buffet breakfast twice. Food was great both times but noticed a very slightly smaller hot food selection than a year ago. Characters were all over the place.

Thanks for the reviews!
What characters were at Cape May buffet?

Minnie Mouse stays over at the entry area of Cape May posing for pic's with whomever wants to pose with her and Goofy, Chip and Dale scramble around the dining area wearing beach/swim gear.

It was really nice and the characters were really fun for the kids.

Thanks for the reviews!
This comment gives me a vision of several clones of each character roaming through the restaurant at the same time! I trust that's not what you meant.:)

Great reviews and Happy Birthday. How nice to be able to celebrate it at CG!

We enjoy LTT for lunch too after avoiding it for some years.

$46 seems a bit much for a strip steak....prime or not! The last time we dined at YS we had great service too...Aura Lee was our server that night. Hopefully I have her name right this time!

We just love Spoodles, it is one of our favorites. We always have to eat here at least once on every trip. Thanks for the great reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter