Just back - Poly Conc. & Swan Conc.

Ityldu

Mouseketeer
Thrilled with both resorts.

Polynesian was amazing. Probably wouldn't do conceirge again, but it was perfect for this trip since we invited our teenage nephew along! Otherwise, we wouldn't have used it much at all.

Some minor glitches at S/D, but the made up for it by upgrading us to balcony/club level.

They were both such different experiences that we honestly couldn't decide which experience we enjoyed more.

Any questions, ask away.

Welcome Home! :)

Could you please tell us about your rooms at the Polynesian Concierge and the Swan Concierge? How were the views? What did you like best/worst about them?

Thanks! ;)

Polynesian Conceirge - nice huge room on the first floor. Great access to both pool. We used the sliding glass door more then the front door. Housekeeping was done very early never came back to an unmade room.

Did notice a very, very slight musty smell, but how could you avoid it. It's been raining for 3 weeks straight. Every place we went was damp. It had nothing to do with the upkeep of the place, just the wet, humid air. Didn't notice anything but freshness in the room.

Conceirge was very nice, but we missed our breakfasts out. We normally only eat b-fast 2-3 times and the rest we hit the MK or BW bakery's. We missed those rituals and missed Tonga Toast. It was hard to justify spending all that extra money when we had free food every morning. The time saver with conceirge was fabulous. Conceirge was definitely the right call for this trip and we loved it, but I don't think we'd go for it again.

Swan - slightly disappointed b/c we were suppused to be at Dolphin, but they changed us w/o notice. Then they didn't have connecting rooms. They gave us 11th fl. rooms for the first night - fabulous rooms - but very far apart. Much bigger room with amazing beds then the 4th fl. room they switched us to. They must be the heavenly beds. The next night they gave us our connecting rooms with a free upgrade to balcony and allowed us to continue club level services. We had an unbelievable discount, so these upgrades were much more then we could have hoped for. We were on the 4th fl. View not great, right at tree line, but still wonderful. Service at both S/D was top notch. Every place you went people were asking if they could do anything for you.

When we lost something they phoned all over both resorts looking for it. They even checked back to say they were still looking the next day. At Polynesian, they sent us on a wild goose chase all over the resort for our missing item.

We did miss free drinks and snacks during the day at Swan. That was huge for us at Polyensian to keep insatiable nephew content.

Although the Swan was wonderful, we much prefer the Dolphin simple b/c it felt like it was more in the middle of things. Swan is great for those who would like to get away from things a little. Even though the resort was booked solid with conventions, never noticed a suit and the pool was never closed.

I agree about missing the Tonga Toast -- we had ressies there, but I just couldn't make myself go pay for it with free breakfast in the lounge. I still regretted missing it! I made up for it though by going "browsing" at Captain Cooks and laughing at the inflated prices for items we got for free in the lounge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter