Just back - TDS at Florida Mall - $50 GC promo w/ticket purchase (LONG)

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
DH just got back from weekend trip to WDW. We took advantage of TDS promotion! Here's our tale... :)

Got to the Florida Mall at around 10 on Friday morning (11/2). Called the day before to make sure they had park tickets. Parked near the food court entrance. TDS will be towards the left after entry. The park ticket promotion is that you get a $50 GC and a free t-shirt with every adult multi-day park ticket purchase (regular annual passes are excluded but FL passes are included).

Well,... they had plenty of tickets (DC and non-DC) and free t-shirts available, but only 2 regular gift cards left! :( They were calling to have more sent to the store. So, we got the last 2 gift cards that morning so that we could use them for this trip. :D They let us exchange the GC for DD with no problem. :)

We wanted to buy more tickets for our trip after Thanksgiving with the kids and MIL & FIL. However, TDS were NOT allowed to use the limited edition Monster Inc. gift cards. No rain checks, store credit, DD, etc. could be used instead of the regular GC. If we purchased our other tickets then, we would ONLY get the free t-shirt, no $50. So, we had to stop by again on our way back to the airport!

BONUS: After we left TDS, we noticed signs around the Florida Mall that you can get a $20 certificate to select stores if you spend at least $150 at any store in the Mall - just bring your receipts. So, we stopped by the Simon Mall information booth (between TDS and the Food Court). Each person can obtain up to a total of three (3) $20 gift certificates to select stores at the Mall - total purchases over $450.00 ($150 x 3). However, only one certificate per store. You have to get each of your $20 gift certificates at 3 different stores. Only purchases made at the Mall betwwen 11/2/01 and 11/14/01 qualify. Our ticket purchase at TDS qualified for this Mall promotion. :D :D Unfortunately. the store selection is kind of skimpy - mostly hair salons and a few retail stores. But hey, free is free! I got a $20 GC each at Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, and Aerosoles. The GC are good for redemption until 12/24/01 only at the Florida Mall stores.

WOW!!! We did great!!! $100 in DD, 2 t-shirts and $60 in mall merchandise back for 2 ticket purchases! Couldn't wait to go back to buy more!!!:bounce: :bounce:

We stopped by the Florida Mall again on the way back to the airport on Sunday afternoon (11/4). I called the night before to make sure that TDS had plenty of gift cards left. When we got there, yep, they had plenty of GC's but no DC-discounted passes or promotional t-shirts!!! :rolleyes: Also, everyone had been exchanging the GC for DD so they were all out of DD in every denomination! Well, the non-DC (no discount) passes plus NO t-shirt was still cheaper with the $50 GC and we were on our way home, so we bought 5 more tickets. So, when you call the mall, make sure that you ask if they have 1) the type of pass you want, 2)GC's, 3)promo t-shirts, & 4)DD!

TDS was also having a nationwide promotion for a free child size Monster Inc t-shirt for a $25 purchase. Park tickets purchases don't qualify - only merchandise parchases. So, dh bought the Toy Store dvd pack for $34.99 with one GC and I bought pj's for dd and a shirt for me for $30+ with another GC and we got 2 free t-shirts for the girls! :p

We stopped by the Simon Mall info. booth to participate in the $20 GC promo again. Dh signed up for himself and I signed up for my MIL (I signed up last time). I had gotten a separate receipt for my MIL tickets. The mall promo only lasts until the GC run out. They won't get any more in. As of yesterday, they only had GC left at 2 or 3 hair salons, Everything But Water, Speedo, and Aerosoles. We got GC for EBW, Speedo, and Aerosoles. BTW, only one certificate can be used per purchase. We looked in EBW, everything there was well over $40 - mostly $80 swimsuits and bikinis :eek:. We picked up 2 US Flags beach towels (very thin) for $20 each with our 2 GC's. Not worth $20 but not bad for $1.20 each (6% tax). There were only 5 left at the time. We are using most of the GC during our trip next month to pick up t-shirts, sweatpants, socks, shoes, etc. - all under $20. The hair salon GC's will probably be the last to go - they do sell hair products, so if someone doesn't need a trim, they can pick up some shampoo, etc.

Well, that was an extremely satisfying trip! Could have been better with extra $11 DC discount per ticket (out of DC passes) and 5 free promo t-shirts (out) but still did pretty great!!

Thanks to everyone on the disboards!!! That's how I even knew to go to TDS at the Florida Mall in the first place!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We were there last week and bought our passes. Got the T-shirts and GC, but did not see about the Mall promo.:(. I was really happy with the GC and got my sons "Mike" costume and a toy for free though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter