Just back!

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
Had a great quick trip the 15th-18th!

First time DH and I have ever stayed deluxe. We are PoR junkies but got a good deal at SS. It had its charms but in no way has it stolen us away from PoR. SS was pretty but the theming wasn't my taste. The rooms were bigger and that was nice. Having a balcony is cool too but I didn't sit out there. It bothered me the balcony didn't have a divider for privacy. If our neighbors would have come out on their balcony we could easily play patty cake. Lol! The best part was being able to walk to Downtown Di......cough....I mean Disney Springs. (I'm never gonna be able to get use to that). All in all the room was sufficient but I'm still on team moderate (so far...still wanna try a monorail resort). :)

Maybe tmi but I am 99% sure Florida water gives me the trots. Maybe it's jofferys coffee. If any of you can confirm this please do. The last few times I've been and consumed any water/coffee it has ended in intestinal distress. Lame! Again tmi but I'm running out of ideas why this keeps happening.

HS still had their Christmas decor up and music going. Ugh. It was the only park with it still up though. Just mid January is too late. I'm over it! Haha!

The new security wasn't an issue. We were chosen once for extra scanning and it took 2 seconds. Everyone chosen was random and it's obvious they are mostly training. A lot of instruction going on. I'm hoping it's not going to become more intense.

I have never been a big fan of animal kingdom. I mean it's ok. Just haven't been that into it. Well......I fell in love this trip. After a beautiful morning safari ride I discovered the awesomeness of the Dawa bar Bloody Mary's! Omg! So so good! The Dawa Bloody Mary is the best. Just the right amount of spice. The prosciutto and olive? Sigh....thinking about it makes my mouth water. Had one, watched FotLK, then got another. Yum. I have found my reason to return!

Love the new little ending to Gran Fiesta Tour! Very cute! Also enjoy getting my tipsy ducks in love beverage from joy of tea. Speaking of...when did they get rid of the pretzels at fife and drum?!? Boooooo! Maybe I'm behind in my game but I was so disappointed in this! Also saw the American adventure for the first time. It's REALLY impressive! Probably won't go on it again for awhile but I'm glad I went.

Had a great conversation with a bus driver. We were the only ones on the bus and he just started talking! I learned a lot about buses and the system. He has been a bus driver for 26 years and he really likes it. It was nice talking to him. I am inspired. :)

Speaking of buses I'm not sure if it's all buses or just SS but there's a new voice on the intercom. There was also no music to be heard as you drove up to the park (Mickeys March MK, one little spark EP, you know!). Was totally bummed! Hope it's not going resort wide.

Heard the cutest conversation between a father and son(probably 4 or 5 years old)on small world.

Son: where are we going next?
Dad: over to the plane ride that goofy drives!
Son: you mean goofy drives the plane?
Dad:yep
Son: aww man he's gonna crash us all over the place!

We laughed so hard!

Great weather. Great time. Man I just love Disney world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter