Just booked 12/14- 12/21 at the WL, any tips?

JJustin8080

Earning My Ears
Just got off the phone with Disney and I was able to get the WL at a great cast member discount december 14th through the 21st. I almost went with POFQ but since they didnt offer a CM discount and WL ended up being cheaper, there was really no reason not to book. =) Any tips on room location requests? or what to do on the first night at WL since we get there at about 6pm on a saturday? Does WL do anything for Anniversaries? Thanks for everyone's help in advance. Theres nothing like getting your reservation confirmation number on a trip to WDW, makes it more of a reality. =) Im excited.

~Justin

Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful. By the time you check into your room, etc., you might just want to plan to eat dinner at one of the restaurants at the hotel and then walk around and explore, or if it's warm enough, go for a swim.

I'm not sure of exact room locations, but you might request to be close to the elevator. Our room was about 100 miles away! it was near one of the exterior stairways, so going out to the pool or bus was okay, but going to the lobby or coming back after a long day at the park was quite a hike.

It never hurts to let them know it will be your anniversary when you check in and also when you go out that day (for dinner, lunch). We've gotten complimentary dessert on birthdays and anniversaries.

Have a great time - we'll be at BWV the week before you - our 1st December trip. Can't wait!

One year we had a room overlooking the lobby on the 6th floor (woodsview) and it was spectacular. When we opened the door to our room to leave, the top of the Christmas tree was smack dab in front of us. We would leave our door open sometimes just to stare at the tree.

Also throughout the holiday season, various choral groups perform in the lobby. Again all that we had to do, was open the door and listen to the wonderful sounds.

It was magnificent !!!!!!

The WL is awesome. Ill be there for the second time this summer in 2 weeks. Make sure you try the buffet at Fort Wilderness. You have to get your own food but its worth it. The food is great and theres plenty of choices.

Just got back on June 28th after spending our first wedding anniversary at WL. Do make sure that the anniversary is mentioned in advance as we got a lovely upgrade from standard room to Courtyard with King bed (room 4037). Also got bottle of Champagne, cookies and pretzels. After our first night got the infamous towel animals upon our arival back in the afternoon!!! The whole place is wonderful. If you are driving be sure to look out for Jack on the gate as he is really nice.
Have a wonderful stay.
Claire :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter