Just Bought at AKV!!

magictrickboy71

Father of 2 Princesses!!!
Howdy Everyone,

My wife and I just purchased 160 points at AK yesterday. We got a September use year. We took the $8 discount instead of the points because we would not be able to use the 320 points by December.

We are very excited and we love the look of the rooms. They are amazing. I can't wait to get my member number and book for my trip in October.

Does anyone know how availability is at AK for studios for October?

Thanks,
Frank:wizard:

congratulations on your DVC purchase :cool1:

we have 160 points at SSR and are seriously considering a small add on for AKL as its my favorite resort.

we booked a 1BR for sep/oct but i think studio's normally book up quicker.

i hope you get your reservation. :thumbsup2

Check some of the threads from people who've already stayed there -- you might get some good ideas.

Mule

:welcome: Home!!!

I would call today and get my member # so you can start making your reservation. Oct. is coming up quickly, so you really don't want to wait until they mail your info.

since AKV is not open yet - it is hard to determine.

80% of the rooms will have a SV. So a studio with a SV shouldn't be too hard.

I got a standard view room for this Sept (when it opens)

We bought the day they went on sale for DVC members.:banana:

We booked a trip using the points for a studio SV room in March of next year. The week after Easter, my DD is off for spring break. Then we received a letter in the mail offering a change to the value or Concierge level. See they told us that the CL would not be available that week yet. We called back on the 13th of June to change the ressie to CL. I'm so excited now we can go on the sunrise safari ride.

We didn't have a problem booking that week. We called on the first day allowed waited on the phone for about 20 mins but were able to get what we wanted. (Easter is a prime week too)

I don't think you will have issues with October.

Jen

I called to make my res. and I was told that they didn;t have anything available at any resort for my trip 10/17 - 10/21. That is pretty crazy! I will have to figure something out.

Thanks for making me feel Welcomed Home!!!

I called to make my res. and I was told that they didn;t have anything available at any resort for my trip 10/17 - 10/21. That is pretty crazy! I will have to figure something out.

Thanks for making me feel Welcomed Home!!!

Thats Crazy! :mad:

I would call them back and get them to check again. I cant believe that there is NO availability at all. :eek:

I did call back and it was true, they didn't have all the dates available, only a couple nights and some resorts had no availability at all for any type of rooms. I needed 2 studios.

I have a cash res. which I made before I bought AKV so I will just stick with that.

I did however make a res. for 12/7 - 12/9 in a studio at Beach Club Villas. I have wanted to stay there for a long time. I can't wait.

Thanks again,
Frank :wizard:

I am sure you will enjoy BCV. i have never stayed there myself but it looks lovely :)

welcome to DVC. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter