Just Bought in at Polynesian

Congrats. Poly is awesome! You’re sure to get alot of enjoyment with 3 young boys. Just be aware DVC can become an affliction. Like 5 years from now you turn around and BAM!!! You own at 3 different resorts :cutie:
:rotfl2:so true!

It does make sense. Why would they need PVB points in inventory regardless of which association it is,

No matter what, they have millions of points to sell with the new tower.

Someone wanting to stay at PVB gets that option buying direct.

And why I don’t think the move they make with PVB and ROfR means anything, at least not now.

I also don’t believe that keeping resale prices up is a goal of DVD. It just happens when they other reasons they have for doing it cause that to happen.

Just recently. SSR contracts are getting through at a lower level so if that continues, then obviously it staying where it’s been is not a concern for them.

They took PVB back aggressively last year and likely have plenty of points to sell as add-ons to new and existing members right now (just like every other resort).

Once the new tower is sold out, they'll go back to taking PVB (whether it's the same association as the tower or not). They did the same thing with GFV when the new studios were announced and BRV (was WLV) when CCV was announced.

The only resort they won't buy back in ROFR is GCV because the price is outrageous and they're not going to waste their limited resources there, and of course we know they have a policy of not buying back actively selling resorts.

They took PVB back aggressively last year and likely have plenty of points to sell as add-ons to new and existing members right now (just like every other resort).

Once the new tower is sold out, they'll go back to taking PVB (whether it's the same association as the tower or not). They did the same thing with GFV when the new studios were announced and BRV (was WLV) when CCV was announced.

The only resort they won't buy back in ROFR is GCV because the price is outrageous and they're not going to waste their limited resources there, and of course we know they have a policy of not buying back actively selling resorts.

All true but still not sure how it makes the argument one way or the other.

If the have so many PVB points already, like you say then if Poly tower is new, they have what they need to offer buyers the choice between Poly tower or PVB.

If it’s the same, they have back up for after the Poly tower sells.

With VGF, they are not selling any points to the current building but only to Unit 11 with BPK.

And prior to the announcement last year they were expanding VGF, they were indeed using ROFR, yet they aren’t using any of those points now for VGF sales.

It will be the same for Poly tower. All new points, even if it is the same, will be deeded to the tower and not to the current PVB units. Whatever points they currently have are not going to be needed at all for quite a few years, especially if it is the same.

That’s why with sales still about 18 months away, I just don’t think ROFR activity for PVB, one way or the other is an indication of what is to come.

The main reason for DVD to go new is to allow them to continue restrictions. If VDH has them, then it means DVD still wants them in some form.

Whether that will happen at Poly tower? We are all guessing.

But if

Now if VDH doesn’t have them, then I’d predict they have abandoned them for the product.

Last edited:
Polynesian is our home resort too! Congrats on your purchase. Seems like a great deal. Curious how many years are left on contract...

Polynesian is our home resort too! Congrats on your purchase. Seems like a great deal. Curious how many years are left on contract...
All Poly deeds have a Jan 2066 expiration. So about 43 years depending on whether the contract has banked points, current UY points, or is stripped.

I think Poly resale is an amazing DVC value with lower dues and plenty of years on the contract. It's great for use at PVB and also as network points at the 7mo mark. One downside is that it hasn't seen the price inflation/appreciation that other home resorts have seen due to the studio & bungalow-only inventory and the recent announcement of an expansion tower.

I thought the fact Poly was being sold directly by Disney at $250/point and they aren't purchasing any resales as signs that the current Poly DVC will be incorporated into the same one when the tower gets built. But knowing the fact that the VGF is actively selling, the prospective Poly direct buyer is likely to change their mind when they can save $43/point by going with VGF instead.

On a somewhat unrelated note, are there any plans for a second "main" pool to accommodate the greater number of Poly guests once the tower is built?

I thought the fact Poly was being sold directly by Disney at $250/point and they aren't purchasing any resales as signs that the current Poly DVC will be incorporated into the same one when the tower gets built. But knowing the fact that the VGF is actively selling, the prospective Poly direct buyer is likely to change their mind when they can save $43/point by going with VGF instead.

On a somewhat unrelated note, are there any plans for a second "main" pool to accommodate the greater number of Poly guests once the tower is built?

There is a pool going in with the tower but it doesn’t appear it will be a feature pool like the current one..at least not based on the drawings.

If that’s the case, I would imagine that would likely mean only one DVC for old Poly and the new tower. Although, I suppose they could restrict more recent Poly resales from the tower and allow those who buy direct to have access to both.

If that’s the case, I would imagine that would likely mean only one DVC for old Poly and the new tower. Although, I suppose they could restrict more recent Poly resales from the tower and allow those who buy direct to have access to both.

The current pools are not part of PVB. They belong to the hotel and DVC owners have the ability to use the pools as part of the contract. Owners pay a share of the costs to access them.

We do not yet know how the new pool will be designated….but seeing it is being built as part of the Poly tower, my guess is it will be a common element of the associaiton, regardless if that is a new one or old one.

So, who uses the pools can’t be determined based on types of points The only thing that could happen is that the new Poly tower pool is restricted to guests of the tower…but seeing how close that pool will be to some cash long houses, that doesn’t seem like the way it will go.

My prediction is that all guests staying at the Poly will have access to all three pools.

They could also add the new pool at Poly2 to the "common elements" shared by the Poly cash resort, Poly1 DVC and Poly2 DVC, the same as are the Oasis and the Lava Pool (and the parking lots, for that matter). Then expenses of operating and maintaining all three pools would be shared by all three entities, and guests at all three would have access to all three pools.

PS @Sandisw - Jinx!

The current pools are not part of PVB. They belong to the hotel and DVC owners have the ability to use the pools as part of the contract. Owners pay a share of the costs to access them.

We do not yet know how the new pool will be designated….but seeing it is being built as part of the Poly tower, my guess is it will be a common element of the associaiton, regardless if that is a new one or old one.

So, who uses the pools can’t be determined based on types of points The only thing that could happen is that the new Poly tower pool is restricted to guests of the tower…but seeing how close that pool will be to some cash long houses, that doesn’t seem like the way it will go.

My prediction is that all guests staying at the Poly will have access to all three pools.
Thank you for that explanation. That makes a lot of sense.

There is a pool going in with the tower but it doesn’t appear it will be a feature pool like the current one..at least not based on the drawings.
It's going to be a fountain you can jump in and drink out of, just like at Disney Springs...

We love our resale contract! We got a deal on a fully loaded 100 point contract. No ROFR issues back when the market was just cooling. We are in driving distance so go for short trips. I’ve seen availability at many resorts within a 5 month window and a few offerings even last minute. Received our points September and were able to book Sunday night stays for some expiring ‘22 points in October and November. Was a little nervous with all of the talk about how hard it was to book. We have trips planned during February, Memorial Day and Labor Day next year. May switch to a different resort at the 7 month mark if anything appealing comes up.

We love our resale contract! We got a deal on a fully loaded 100 point contract. No ROFR issues back when the market was just cooling. We are in driving distance so go for short trips. I’ve seen availability at many resorts within a 5 month window and a few offerings even last minute. Received our points September and were able to book Sunday night stays for some expiring ‘22 points in October and November. Was a little nervous with all of the talk about how hard it was to book. We have trips planned during February, Memorial Day and Labor Day next year. May switch to a different resort at the 7 month mark if anything appealing comes up.
I see you live in Florida. We are in Georgia, so within driving distance if we decide on a last-minute trip.

Members cancel last-minute on a fairly regular basis. If you have a flexible schedule and don’t live too far away, it’s possible to pick up all sorts of last-minute rooms, especially if you can make a short trip work.

I think why you read so much about how difficult it is to book is because most DVC members don’t have that flexibility. They need to fly so shorter trips usually are not economical while booking a flight last-minute can be expensive.

I hope you enjoy all your stays!

Now that we have passed ROFR, we just have to close and then wait for the points from Disney. We already have the trip planned out for each day, so I’m itching to get it booked.

I see you live in Florida. We are in Georgia, so within driving distance if we decide on a last-minute trip.

Members cancel last-minute on a fairly regular basis. If you have a flexible schedule and don’t live too far away, it’s possible to pick up all sorts of last-minute rooms, especially if you can make a short trip work.

I think why you read so much about how difficult it is to book is because most DVC members don’t have that flexibility. They need to fly so shorter trips usually are not economical while booking a flight last-minute can be expensive.

That is a wonderful advantage. We live in Illinois, so we are are definitely stuck planning way ahead.

That is a wonderful advantage. We live in Illinois, so we are are definitely stuck planning way ahead.
So true! We have much more flexibility. Though we did book a longer stay when living on the west coast and I was glad to have an “excuse” to

Thank you for the tip! We will keep our eyes peeled for those last minute opportunities too. So far, we are loving it!

So true! We have much more flexibility. Though we did book a longer stay when living on the west coast and I was glad to have an “excuse” to
We also live in FL ( 2 hrs away) and we plan our holiday visits in advance but also do some last minute and just a couple of month advance notice trips. We thought we might have too many points now that we live here but that has not been an issue!😂
Good luck with your purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter