Just cancelled BWV 11/26-12/2

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
With a heavy heart, I just cancelled my BWV 1 bedroom reservation (boardwalk view), I hope that someone here gets it off the waitlist.

This was my annual holiday time trip with my mom. She passed away on September 30th from breast cancer. She had fought a good battle for almost 10 years but declined suddenly last month due to liver failure (it had spread to her liver).

I was thinking of going alone or bringing my niece, but I have alot of travel coming up for work, so I decided to cancel it. Plus emotionally I don't think I'll be ready for it. She loved the Christmas trip so much. I had thought of renting it but wanted to leave my options open for next year, I want to take my niece on one trip and my aunt on another. With the cheap "ding fares" on Southwest, I thought of some long weekend trips too (they had one for $96 roundtrip last week).

Member services was nice enough to bank 162 of the 165 points (3 were borrowed) even though I am past the 100% banking deadline (which coincidentally was 9/30). I have 250 points, so the max to bank should have been 125.

Now I have to contact Air Tran to cancel the plane tickets, luckily I bought insurance on them.

I bought DVC right before her reoccurrence in 2000, luckily we had 11 DVC trips together (May for Mothers Day, early Dec for Christmas). She always called the DVC 1 bedroom "our apartment".

Oh my gosh...I dont know what to say except to send you lots of :grouphug: I am very sorry at the loss of your Mom. Sounds like you have had a very special relationship. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you-

Debbie -

I'm so sorry for your loss. You ar in my prayers.

Carol

:grouphug:
Sorry for you loss and I'm glad MS was willing to work with you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, Debbie. I know how hard it is. I think of my mother often when we visit the BWV. She passed away 15 yrs ago but we had made a trip to WDW prior to that and I cherish those memories. Hopefully your trip with your niece works out for you soon.

So sorry for your loss! Reading your post made me teary! I know that in the future you will be really glad that you have all those wonderful memories of your Mom. Hopefully you can work out a trip soon with your niece, or another family member. :grouphug:

My sympathies go out to you for your loss Debbie. I lost my Mom to breast cancer 10 years ago and time does help heal your loss. Those we have loved and lost are never very far away in our hearts and thoughts.

I know you'll enjoy future trips when the time is right and recall the special memories you and your mom shared at Disney.

Hugs and prayers,

JoEllen

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. That day was the second anniversary of my mom's passing. It is a sad day indeed.

I am SO sorry!!! Hopefully, BWV will have a very special place in your heart...may your memories there bring back great memories every time you visit.

:grouphug:

Beca

Thanks everyone. Update on the plane tickets - Air Tran is going to refund my mom's ticket direct to my card, so I only have to file a claim for my ticket. For my ticket, they put a credit on file minus $50 to use within a year. I'm going to file a claim with the travel insurance to get it back (I assume the full $251).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter