• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just curious.....

AmazingGrace

Relax! It's a message board!
How does the whole GAC thing affect a child who's a make a wish child? I met some other Make A Wish families who did Disney, and they were saying that their child(ren) didn't have to wait in line because they were Make A wish kids. How does that all work? Thanks!!! ::MinnieMo

If your child's wish is granted through the "Make a Wish" Foundation, I believe that they get a special pass which does allow them to bypass the lines. My child is only disabled ( she is considered chronic, not terminal) therefore she did not qulaify for a wish through that program... so we had to line up like everyone else.
There is a mom who posts on the Canadians Board who has used this program and she could fill you in... post there too!

Kids who have been granted a wish thru Make A Wish or a similar organization get a pass (and some paperwork that goes along with it to make it valid) that allows them to bypass lines and go to the front of the line. Those groups are sometimes brought in a back entrance of attractions, so you may not even notice them.

Actually I have that same GAC. It is given not only to Make a Wish but to anyone who has a terminal illness ( adults like myself included) and it can be used in the same way and for character meet/greets. The message says to "provide any assistance necessary to expedite guests visit". ---Kathy

My youngest had a wish granted by Make a Wish in 2002- just after finishing chemotherapy for cancer. He was granted a wish because he had a terminal disease that of course we still pray will stay away. We were given a GAC that did say- provide any assistance to this person to expediate his trip. It was given to us by Give Kids the World Village where we checked in first eventhough we didn't stay there. We had a great time after a horrible year and a wish come through because cancer has stayed away.
We are going back and I am considering getting a GAC because he still isn't 100% and we use the stroller more like a wheelchair. He also can't be in the sun long.He is also moderately deaf in one ear-do they have any assistance with this-amplifiers?
Thanks!:Pinkbounc

Deb, this board is awesome. If you post your question in a new thread, someone here will definitely be able to answer it.
God bless,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter