Just for the sake of argument...

DisnutDave

DIS Semi-veteran
DW and I were talking this past weekend. If we lived near Orlando and had a few days to spend, and we drove there on a Saturday or Sunday WITHOUT having made arrangements with Member Services, would we be able to stay in a DVC property on points, assuming there is availability? Being plan-ahead types we would never do this, but we wondered if it was even possible. We were thinking that it probably wouldn't be, but you never know until you ask....

I was able to book a room on a Saturday a few years ago by calling the front desk at the resort. It was on points so they must have communicated to MS on Monday. We were there during hurricane Jeanne and wanted to get to OKW ahead of it and were lucky enough to get the Saturday before our scheduled check in on Sunday. I would think it would depend on the season and whether there were any special events going on as to how likely it would be to do this.

This is possiable but you would probably wnat to call the resort before going there but you can walk up and ask if it is avialable than you can.

A few years ago, we were able to extend our vacation due to a raging snow (ice?) storm (even in NC!) that stopped air traffic for a few days. It was on one of our January trips, and the wonderful folks at the BW front desk arranged another two days for us (on points). Yes we had to change rooms, but we were still at the BW!:thumbsup2 (We had visions of having to camp out at MCO :sad2: ). And since we had APs, we felt "dusted" to get two extra Disney days.

I think a lot of last-minute availability has to do with season, resort and
flexibility of guests (we would've have stayed anywhere on WDW property! :goodvibes

It is procedure to call the resorts if MS is closed, many have done so over the years. DVC now being open on Sat will help some though.

not that this is the same, but I was able a week in advance to add a night to our stay at BWV in a pref. studio. So instead of 3 nights, we are there for 4!! YEAH!!!

I was kind of surprised how long I was on hold, she said it was because of MME and the DP, and also because she had to get the room approved?? So maybe because its so close to arrival date, they can use all inventory, not just DVC inventory???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter