• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just found this board. Opinions?

raysnkaysmom

<font color=coral>I don't think I'd mention I was
I was excited to see this board, but as I open it...wondering if anyone posts here??
Anyways, just posted this on community board, but was hoping for some advice and/or opinoins...
I'm HGTV addicted..

I had wanted red cabinets since seeing someones cabinets here on the DIS. I have 2 different reds.. Barn Door Red and Merlot. I didn't like either one against my wall color...
Then, we thought, an offwhite creamy color would be really pretty. No, that looks ugly too. Now I have paint swatches on my cabinets... lol

This is our wall color... what color do you think would look good? We can't afford new cabinetry, and we will be changing the hardware.. Our color theme nearby is dark woods, some black and browns...
ry%3D400

and adjacent to the kitchen...
again, showing wall color
ry%3D400

If you really want the red cabinets, could you change your wall color so that they will work together?

Or...if you mix a bit of the wall color into your red, will it look better? It sounds gross, but it really can help. That would only work of course if you still had wall paint. ;) If you have samples you could try it, just a few drops at a time.

VickiV

If you really want the red cabinets, could you change your wall color so that they will work together?

Or...if you mix a bit of the wall color into your red, will it look better? It sounds gross, but it really can help. That would only work of course if you still had wall paint. ;) If you have samples you could try it, just a few drops at a time.

VickiV

I think that VickiV has a great idea!

However, I love the look of cream-colored cabinets.

The cream was NOT pretty..lol
We started them black, and are very happy with the look. I'll post a pic when they are done!

I replied a couple days ago on the community board. I'm sure the black will look great! I hope you do post pictures. I love HGTV and everything about remodels, decorating both indoors and out and gardening.

I just recently remodeled my kitchen and before and after that I've been working on "freshening up" the rest of the house. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever finish, it will just be time to start all over again.

Good luck with the cabinets, you seem like such a hard worker! I don't know how you find the time with 4 kids and 2 of them are so young, wow!

I wish more people posted here too, let's try to keep it going. I also keep checking the cooking thread, but it's also really slow!

Take care, Mary

I replied a couple days ago on the community board. I'm sure the black will look great! I hope you do post pictures. I love HGTV and everything about remodels, decorating both indoors and out and gardening.

I just recently remodeled my kitchen and before and after that I've been working on "freshening up" the rest of the house. Sometimes I don't think I'll ever finish, it will just be time to start all over again.

Good luck with the cabinets, you seem like such a hard worker! I don't know how you find the time with 4 kids and 2 of them are so young, wow!

I wish more people posted here too, let's try to keep it going. I also keep checking the cooking thread, but it's also really slow!

Take care, Mary

We are about half done with painting them black, and I love it soo much more :goodvibes

You gotta post pics of your remodel!!

Here's my kitchen before... I'll come back when we're done with the after!
ry%3D400

omg I love HGTV, and looking at before and after pics!.

I agree with Mary. By the time you get your last project done, it's time to start back at the beginning again! lol

Right now I have about 20 boxes of laminate flooring for my kitchen, hallway, powder room, and hopefully 2 closets. Found them on a serious clearance at Lowe's. Probably paid about one third the original price. That's another thing I love...a good sale! :thumbsup2 We re-did the kitchen with paint, formica countertops and tile backsplash. I can hardly wait for DH to get to the installation!

omg I love HGTV, and looking at before and after pics!.

I agree with Mary. By the time you get your last project done, it's time to start back at the beginning again! lol

Right now I have about 20 boxes of laminate flooring for my kitchen, hallway, powder room, and hopefully 2 closets. Found them on a serious clearance at Lowe's. Probably paid about one third the original price. That's another thing I love...a good sale! :thumbsup2 We re-did the kitchen with paint, formica countertops and tile backsplash. I can hardly wait for DH to get to the installation!

You'll have to posts some pictures when you're done too! I will as soon as I can get hold of a camera with a charged battery. That seems to be impossible in this house! I also love a good bargain and getting ideas from HGTV!

Really nice contrast!

What kind of hardware is on your cabinets?

I love the black! I have been debating whether or not to paint my kitchen table black. I think you have helped me make my decision! What did you do to prep your cabinets?

Really nice contrast!

What kind of hardware is on your cabinets?
Thanks..
Its just the old hardware that was on the original. I hated it initially, and went out and bought silver handles that I was going to spraypaint the red color I had throught my kitchen (just not into the contemporary stainless look), but then, we thought the old hardware looks better, so now I have spraypainted handles sitting in a drawer... lol

I love the black! I have been debating whether or not to paint my kitchen table black. I think you have helped me make my decision! What did you do to prep your cabinets?

You mean, what SHOULD you do to prep? LOL.. Just sand and prime.
We didnt' do either...I was rushing him to get it done!! LOL -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter