• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back from 8 nights at BLT

wendow

We create happiness.
Really enjoyed ourselves! For the second year in a row, our room request was not met but once again, we didn't mind our room location. We were inside the "C" which we were adamant we didn't want but it was ok. Other than when we were sitting out on the balcony at about 11pm and the lady a few rooms down came out from the shower and began changing in right in front of the open window. Um, yeah, saw *everything*. Are people just that clueless??? My dh and I promptly went inside to give her some "privacy".

We were there 8 nights but had mousekeeping two times which didn't make sense as we were staying on points but obviously that was nice.

The room was in great condition. Even better than our room last year which showed more wear and tear. I decided I really like the layout of the rooms inside the "C".

One thing I am curious about since we've only been to WDW two times (as adults) is pool attire. There was a woman in a crazy skimpy swimsuit. Basically a thong and not much on top. Does Disney have any kind of rules about this? She was down at the pool multiple days in this same 'get up'. I was disappointed that she was allowed to wear that. Not exactly 'family friendly".

Otherwise, BLT was lovely. I don't love the modern look for my everyday life but I love it at BLT. We enjoy staying there so much!

Really enjoyed ourselves! For the second year in a row, our room request was not met but once again, we didn't mind our room location. We were inside the "C" which we were adamant we didn't want but it was ok. Other than when we were sitting out on the balcony at about 11pm and the lady a few rooms down came out from the shower and began changing in right in front of the open window. Um, yeah, saw *everything*. Are people just that clueless??? My dh and I promptly went inside to give her some "privacy".

We were there 8 nights but had mousekeeping two times which didn't make sense as we were staying on points but obviously that was nice.

The room was in great condition. Even better than our room last year which showed more wear and tear. I decided I really like the layout of the rooms inside the "C".

One thing I am curious about since we've only been to WDW two times (as adults) is pool attire. There was a woman in a crazy skimpy swimsuit. Basically a thong and not much on top. Does Disney have any kind of rules about this? She was down at the pool multiple days in this same 'get up'. I was disappointed that she was allowed to wear that. Not exactly 'family friendly".

Otherwise, BLT was lovely. I don't love the modern look for my everyday life but I love it at BLT. We enjoy staying there so much!

Our first two trips we were on the outside 'C' but last November we got the inside 'C' and it was a 2 br. We still prefer the view on the outside and the bar stools. I did like the laundry room though. I kept my stuff in there and used it as a changing room. Dd and I usually come back at night after dh and ds asleep so that was nice that I didn't wake everyone up.

Every once in a while I find those scary swim suit people:scared1:

Also I see people like that in the parks too:rolleyes1

We are trying VGF and we can't wait to compare the 2. I am not sure if losing a bathroom is going to be noticeable,:confused3

I think we will love it :cloud9:

we spent the week of christmas at blt inside the c. we did not think it was good until night came and we along with almost all of the rooms had a christmas tree in the window. it was absolutely gorgeous! :goodvibes you can not believe how special it was for all occupants to use the trees to say "merry christmas" to everyone else in the building.

as far as swim suits are concerned.....a skimpy suit on a younger person is not as scary as a full cover suit on some of us older people. ::yes::

Glad to hear you had a great stay at BLT. It's one of our favorites! I didn't think I'd want an inside "C" room either, but the last time we got one and I loved it!! I liked the view of the lake and the pool.

Inside the "c" really did have a beautiful view of the pool and the lake. We had a lake view when we were outside the "C" but the view of the lake was much better from the inside. We were right at the middle of the "C" too which helped. We could see almost all of the EWP.

I also missed having the bar stools. But LOVED that laundry/storage room! We were able to stick a ton of stuff in there on the shelves that had just sat out last year. So, I felt that was worth giving up the bar stools.

I'd love to try VGF but for us, the 2nd bathroom is a huge deal. I have a 13yo who will camp out in there for an hour or more even on vacation :crazy2: I'm disappointed that DVC made the 1-br at VGF only with one bath.

as far as swim suits are concerned.....a skimpy suit on a younger person is not as scary as a full cover suit on some of us older people. ::yes::

True :goodvibes She looked very good in her suit. Just wish people would realize that the place is crawling with kids and that type of suit is better reserved for other places...she could have fit in better at a nudist resort than at Disney ;)

Skimpy swimsuits ...2 years ago at the main pool at SSR there was a woman topless ! but not for long !

Skimpy swimsuits ...2 years ago at the main pool at SSR there was a woman topless ! but not for long !

Oh my!! That would totally irk me too. I know that is common in other countries and many who are vacationing at WDW are from other countries but 'when in Rome'...

So, did a CM make her put on a top?

Questions about room request. I know they aren't always granted but this is my first time at BLT and I was wondering what would be a good request. We want to be high up and possibly a glimpse of MK. We are in a 1 br lake view.

I saw lots of skimpy swimsuits at Blizzard Beach last week and I attributed it to all the S. American tourists, they were probably overdressed in their minds.

We overlapped with you came home on the 18th. I had stayed BLT twice before and wasn't a huge fan but really enjoyed our 1 bedroom this time.

I saw lots of skimpy swimsuits at Blizzard Beach last week and I attributed it to all the S. American tourists, they were probably overdressed in their minds.

We overlapped with you came home on the 18th. I had stayed BLT twice before and wasn't a huge fan but really enjoyed our 1 bedroom this time.

We just returned yesterday from 5 nights a BLT. Our room request was not granted either (and was not on our last visit at AKL either). I think the S. American visitors do wear very skimpy bathing suits. We saw it in May at BB. We also noticed a very large number of S.American visitors on this trip.

Since your stay was for more than 7 nights, you should have had two mousekeeping visits: full cleaning on day 4 (i.e., after the third night), and then trash and towel service on day 8 (i.e., after the 7th night). Are you saying that you got two full cleanings? :confused:

We are heading to BLT on 11/11-11/16. We have a 2 bd lake view booked. We stayed there once before in 2009 so it's been a few years and I am really looking forward to it. What do you mean about The bar stools? Do only some have the, and others have something else? Also I remember the two bedroom having a pull out chair and a pull out couch. I hope they both are still there!

A good request for lake view is even number room, north side. Gives you an MK view to the left. I requested in March and got it.

OP - for an 8 night stay you should have got full cleaning on day 4, trash & towel on day 8.

A good request for lake view is even number room, north side. Gives you an MK view to the left. I requested in March and got it.

OP - for an 8 night stay you should have got full cleaning on day 4, trash & towel on day 8.

Yes we had even number room north side our first stay at BLT and the MK view was wonderful. Watched Wishes from my Jacuzzi tub! This summer we had north side inside the C and I loved that also. It was nice going out on the balcony and hearing the boat horns across the lake as the sun was rising!

OP, we stayed FOUR times and didn't get any of our request until the 4th visit. We stayed in the inside C the first two times and yes, watching into the other guest rooms is hard to avoid. The third time we had requested a higher floor and was ground floor. The 4th time we asked for a north side higher floor, and got north side 2nd floor. That was the most request we've ever gotten at BLT. While the level wasn't very high, it was a great room looking at the tennis court area. It was nice and quiet.

the who #3 said:
we spent the week of christmas at blt inside the c. we did not think it was good until night came and we along with almost all of the rooms had a christmas tree in the window. it was absolutely gorgeous! :goodvibes you can not believe how special it was for all occupants to use the trees to say "merry christmas" to everyone else in the building.

Agreed. We had an inside C room over Christmas 2011. It was beautiful with all the trees/ lights at night :)

We came home on the 18th also! I bet you are right about many of the tourist being S. American.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter