• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just planned a last minute trip with an infant!!!

preshi

<font color=red>Proud Sister of A United States Ma
:rotfl2: I have a feeling this is going to be quite an experience. Last time we went with DS 4 and I was 2 weeks pregnant. Now DS1 is 5 1/2 and DS2 is 9 months and we just decided since we'll be in the area for SIL's wedding om Saturday we'd take Sunday and go to DL before drive home Monday, staying at GC (our first time). I think this is going to be nuts though because we are going to DL the same day we get there and thats it! :banana: Wish us luck, I try not to take both kids to the grocery store let alone Disneyland :earseek: DS1 doesn't know yet so it'll be a fun suprise for him! Yahooo!!!

Is the Chip and Dale breakfast good?? Since we cant go to the parks Monday I thought a character breakfast would be a fun send off :)

Travelling with an infant can be stressful, but it's really all how you look at it. I have travelled with my 3 DD's to WDW yearly since the oldest was only 5 mos old. Most were free trips since DH had conventions there. Last year we went with a 3 year old, 1 year old and 6 week old. (Had a wedding in South Beach to attend. No, we're not THAT crazy!) I would say that taking an infant changes things for the better. I have been to WDW so many times and always ran around trying to get on as many rides as I could. With the baby though, I was forced to slow down and change my expectations. I found so many other enjoyable things to do at WDW. Hidden spots that are now some of my favorite memories. Do the baby swap or just take turns riding with your DS. There's also lots of rides that you all can go on. So, enjoy and hopefully you will create some new memories too! :earsgirl:

We took my oldest when she was 3 and my middle child was 10 mo. It wasn't bad at all and we had tons of fun!! My 10 mo. old slept in the stroller a lot and was so engrossed with the new sights and sounds. We are going again in April with a 6, almost 4 and 9.5 mo. old. We are taking three days this time and plan on doing afternoon breaks/naps. I think as long as you go the pace of the kids and don't make it too long of a day, they'll be fine. And of course pack lots of diapers/wipes, change of clothes, finger foods if she/he does that yet (mine just started eating cheerios & stuff), etc. And you can always do child/baby swap and take turns riding the bigger rides with your oldest child. Have FUN!!! :banana:

went with my son (2 at the time), while 8 months pregnant. wanted to do something "special" before his little brother arrived...

anyways, i know 2 is not an infant, but i think just going with little ones totally change your way of going through the park. now, before kids, going to dl was always, ok, get there first thing when it opens...run through all the rides, as many as possible...stay till the very end...etc. but going with a child...we were so relaxed! just strolling through the park, taking it easy, through the eyes of your child. it was the best time we've had at the park. so much less stress. and maybe because i was 8 months pregnant.

anyways, you will have a great time. and the character breakfast will be the nice wrap up to your trip. there's also goofy's kitchen. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter