• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just returned from 1st trip home

rserp

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to say that I joined DVC last year and have gone home on August 20th to VB. I LOVED VB!!!! My family loved VB as well. We had an inn-room on the 3rd floor with full ocean view, it was the best. My children loved the pool, the activities and the campfires. One night we also ventured out to a recommended restuarant, Italian Grill, and we loved it, the food and service was very good. Also, the drive was only 10-15 minutes. After spending 4-days at VB (in which next year I will definitely stay longer) we spent a week at OKW. The resort and room was beautiful, however I felt that we were alittle too far from hospitality. We stayed in unit 56, however we had our own pool next door which was fine. Definitely would stay at OKW again since everything was good, clean and fun including the breakfast at Olivia's with Pooh, Tigger and Eyeore. Next year I was thinking of trying to stay at VWL, for those who have stayed at VWL and OKW which would you recommed to stay with (3) children ages 8,5,4.

Just alittle note to say that I have been very depressed since I have been back, since our trip home was wonderful!!!

HI.....welcome back and glad you had fun. In July we stayed at VWL and OKW for 5 nights each in a 1 bdr. While I loved the themeing more at VWL the units at OKW are much bigger. With 3 little ones you may like the extra space. VWL is wonderful too and it fell more like staying at a WDW deluxe resort. I thought OKW (my DH's favorite) was very nice a laid back but I like the hotel suite experience more. We're already talking about the trip next summer and it looks like we'll be splitting time again. That's the best part of DVC.

I just thought.......I don't know if VWL has any dedicated 2 bdr units. If they are all a studio/1 bdr combo then the second bedroom would have an outside door in it. You might not want that with small children.

Mickey7861...according to the on-site DVC sales lady, VWL has only a couple of dedicated two bedroom units. The rest are all the 1br/studio combo to make the two bedrooms. Yes, that would have an outside door in both the 1 br section and the studio section.

rserp....thanks for the quick insight into VB. I don't see a whole lot about that resort on this board so it's nice to hear such a positive report. :)

I'm like the many here who feel that you cannot make a bad choice whichever DVC home you stay in. Depends on your taste in theming, location, etc. I think OKW and VWL have the most laid-back atmospheres. If you think you will be going mostly to Magic Kingdom (just guessing based on your children's ages), VWL has easy access via a short boat ride.

Thanks for the report and welcome to the DIS!

We, also, just returned from our 1st DVC trip. Our stay at VB was wonderful. Glad you liked it as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter