Just returned with daughter in wheelchair

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
My daughter broke her leg three weeks before we left and she used a wheelchair while we were there, our trip was Nov. 2-8. The bus drivers were excellent for the most part, they visited with her about her leg as they strapped her in and one driver even signed her cast (she loved that) we had one older lady driver who snapped at my husband when he tried to help her strap my daughter in, she didnt seem to know what she was doing and after a week of watching the other drivers my husband thought he'd help her a little and she snapped at him and said when others try to help they just mess things up, so my husband sat down. Oh well! Most people were thoughtful and many people were curious about her leg we heard a lot of people say, boy thats a bummer, as they walked past us. There were a couple of people in the electric scooters that were kind of rude and felt they should be ahead of my daughter when getting on the bus even though we had been waiting for the bus long before they got there, but we just smile and try to shrug it off. We tried to be considerate of everyone, we didnt want or expect special attention but the times my daughter got it was priceless, We found Aladdin back in one of the buildings in Morrocco (sp?) and he spent some extra time with my daughter and he signed her cast and did a wonderful job he did some art work on it and wrote a little something to her, it was great. Most of the cast members were great, we found the worst park for us was the Magic Kingdom. The cast members were not as friendly and many times we werent sure where to go with the wheelchair and there was never a cm positioned outside of the attraction to tell us, it was confusing at times. My husband decided to just carry her on to Peter Pan so we went through the wheelchair entrance (we thought this was right) and a older lady (cm) yelled at us and then treated us like we were trying to cut in line, my daughter was so embarrased, on a good note the cm's at Mickey's Philharmagic were great and once we were seated one came over and visited with my daughter telling her where hidden Mickeys were. We had a nice trip and my daughter was able to most everything. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with everyone.

Hi,
Glad to hear things went pretty good. Buses are the pits. You had a sweat little girl with you, try taking a 55 yr old man.
LOL.........
Be glad its only temporary, try dealing with these people for 29 yrs. You see all kind. The good and the bad.

We were there from 11-5-11-12 and with me being on Chemo for breast cancer I also had to use a WC for the most part everyone was very helpful. We only had 1 CM that wasn't very helpful and he was at Mission Space in Epcot. Of course because I DON"T look sick just tired I got alot of funny looks from people thinking I didn't really need a WC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter