Just wanted to share this quote

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
It is from Al Lutz on miceage. We have been WDW vets since 1990 but the last two years have visited Disneyland instead. It is amazing. If you haven't had the chance go and be prepared to walk in Walt's footsteps.

""There's an answer the old timers at Disney like to give when asked to compare the Anaheim and Orlando main parks, and to me it still applies as to how they are currently run: Disneyland is a park designed by a father for his daughters, while the Magic Kingdom is designed by a committee for the hordes."

Don't get me wrong I still like D'World but if it wasn't for Epcot I probably wouldn't.

Anyone else feel like this?

not really. you can whine about prices all you want, which is really what i think everything comes down to, but the bottom line is the disney parks are a gold standard when it comes to amusement parks. when you think about other chains or independent parks, few hold a candle in a subset of areas let alone all of them.

it's not the same world it was 50 years ago. the world we're groomed to believe existed 50 years ago didn't exist 50 years ago.

gas stations aren't what they used to be in most people's memories either, prices aside. very few have a guy in a sparkling white uniform with even whiter teeth come out and do a song and dance for you while they're wiping the bug guts off your windshield with a shammy that never gets dirty.

how come nobody talks about how when the parks were hemorrhaging and desperately seeking money from sponsors left and right that retlaw enterprises owned and licensed walt disney's name to the company? he'd be getting paid no matter what the parks did.

It is like comparing apples and oranges. DL was set up a a great place to spend the day maybe 2 days while DW was set up as a vacation place to spend weeks without running out of things to do.

I agree with the pp. You can't really compare the two. It's also hard to say that if it wasn't for one park that you wouldn't find enough enjoyment to come. WDW is a total package, the way it was meant to be.

I am biased, as I have never been to Disneyland, but have been to WDW well over 70 times (so let's just say a bunch, and enough to do everything more than once). But I agree with what the other posters say, WDW is about the entire experience.

Personally I do not have a huge urge to go to DL, I still will do WDW first every chance I get, and I do not see that changing any time soon.

Anyone else feel like this?

No. Al Lutz has stated his personal biases against WDW many, many times over. When it comes to WDW, there's very little on which I agree with Al Lutz.

Since this isn't really a planning issue, I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter