Just went to an Open House Yesterday

robind

DIS Veteran
and I am sorely tempted. I've been reading the boards but I also need to enjoy my current vaction :rotfl:

So, what can you tell me - too good to be true???? How hard is it to go to other places? (I ask because we are planning a Hawaii trip for next spring and wonder how hard that would be since it's a very popular place. How do you use your points? What convinced you that it was a good idea for you. I feel the need to create a spreadsheet (I'm such a geek) but I don't hove time.

Also, they are currently offering two incentive - don't know if they have been the same for a while, but it's $8 off per point or a one time double your points that you can use the first year. If you were offered these - which would you choose and why.

I think I just have the old 'time-share' mentality, that they were a big rip off - and you would be crazy to do it.

My biggest worry is that I tend to come down for long weekends which will cost me more, but that could be okay.

Love to hear your thoughts for a newbie.

Thanks, and I'm off the Raglan Road for dinner.

As much as DVC promotes the other locations, I think most members use their points for DVC stays because they are a more cost effective use of the points. We've never used our points other than DVC and one DCL trip, but I think we'd get another timeshare to use for trading instead of using DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter