Kelly & Gregg's SOG Wedding! Finely our Wedding/Disneymoon TR!!

1st, welcome back and congrats! So sorry about the photographer! How crappy! But the ceremony looked beautiful and the cake! OMG how pretty! They did a great job! Love your flowers!!

congrats and welcome back! I love this cake! it is awesome! that's great about the photopass too. congrats!:goodvibes

Thank you so much!! The cake tasted as good as it looked! I loved our photopass photographer...our only problem was "sun issues", it was so hard not to squint!

1st, welcome back and congrats! So sorry about the photographer! How crappy! But the ceremony looked beautiful and the cake! OMG how pretty! They did a great job! Love your flowers!!

Thanks Jen! Yeah, I was really disappointed by the whole photo issue...tho it wasn't a "photographer", just someone I thought was a friend. A simple courtsey call would have eliminated a lot of hard feelings. The ceremony was beautiful, and so intimate. Sunrise was a perfect time to begin our new life together!

Everything looked great!! I'm still undecided as to how to decorate the gazebo. That cake is adorable. Did it taste as good as it looked?

Thank you! In all honesty, I think the gazebo is beautiful on it's own. I loved the fan in the inside (sorry no pics). They were really nice and turned the lights on it the night before.

Congrats! Everything looked beautiful. I especially loved the Mickey flower ball hanging above the two of you during the ceremony

Thank you, I got the idea from these wonderful ladies on the board!!

First off, Congrats!

And hooray for a TR! Yummy looking cake!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

My first day as Mrs. Goodfellow!! It was so nice waking up next to my husband for the first time! I had orginally planned (You'll hear this a lot, "originally planned", for us to have a lesurely breakfast in bed, but my oldest son, Jonathan, decided it was 9:00 dang-it, and time to hit the parks!! (Negative thing #1 about taking your kids on your honeymoon!) Honestly though, Gregg wanted to sleep, and I was getting kind of restless too....I heard the Mummy calling my name! Gregg and I decided that he would sleep later, and then get Jacob (Jake had a sore throat and wanted to sleep too) to help him check out, and then meet me and Jonathan at Universal.

Me and Jonathan headed for some nice ride-bonding. Gregg and Jakey joined us a little later...I could tell now Jakey was really starting to get sick :sad2: (Negative thing #2 about taking your kids on your honeymoon, "mom mode" never sleeps!) I was starting to get worried, because the boys were suppose to fly home the next day, and Jacob gets re-occuring strep :headache: Do I take him to the doctor now, "just in case", or hope it's just a regular sore throat? Arrgghh!

We "did" Universal until around 2:00....Jakey still wasn't feeling well, and we were all kind of dragging, so we decided to leave and head for Disney Boardwalk for the beginning of our Disneymoon. :hug: Thankfully, our room was ready, so we rested for a while before me & Gregg headed out for some alone-time. I was so excited for us to doan our wedding ears and head for the Magic Kingdom!! I went to Boardwalk Bakery and got the boys dinner, then Gregg and I headed for the park. The boys were going to spend a quiet night relaxing at the resort.

This night will be forever in my memory as the night it started raining....and didn't stop for the rest of our honeymoon (well maybe for a few minutes) Little did we know, but it was just the beginning of many rain-soaked memories.

It had started raining before we left around 8:00 pm. Now mind you, I've been to WDW many times, and never let a little rain get in my way. However, usually it's just a storm, it clears, and that's it for the day. With this in mind, our plan: was: romantic strolls, find photopass opportunities, watch wishes, catch a few rides. However, reality was: duck into stores between cloud bursts when even an umbrella didn't help, find there are no photopass people available because they can't get their equipment wet, wishes delayed...wishes delayed....wishes delayed. Wishes cancelled! :sad2: Finely around 11:45 (it was a magic hour night, open till midnight) it stops raining for a few minutes, and we got a pic in front of the castle!! Yay! (notice hardly anyone in the background!!)

DSC01442-1.jpg

After our magic moment we decided to call it a day and head back to the resort. Gregg was getting up at 4:30 am to take the boys to the airport, while I sleep. :flower3: Thank you hubby!!

Tomorrow: More rain, a wonderful meeting with another Dis-bride, and Hollywood Studios.

I was so excited today, alone at last!!!! :cool1: Today's agenda was Gregg take the boys to the airport while I slept...then he was going to take a nap, and I was going to meet with Brenda (Tink901). After our meeting, Gregg and I were going to Hollywood Studios until 10:00 (Magic Hour night).

Did I mention it was raining? :)

I woke up with the guys at 4:00am to tell the guys goodbye and be good, and all that Mom stuff. Jakey still wasn't feeling good, so I told him he could spend the night with his brother and he'd catch the bus to school the next day. He was going to his friend's house to spend the rest of the week, but I thought he needed to rest at home first, and gave Jonathan instructions to take him to the Dr. if he started running a fever or feeling worse.

Gregg & the boys left for the airport, and I hopped in bed with the alarm set for 9:30. Today I get to meet my first Disbride in person!! :woohoo: I met Bren and her huband, Al, at the Boardwalk Lobby with the plans to go to ESPN for lunch. I am so mad that I forget my camera!! :sad2: Gregg got back from the airport, the alarm went off 1/2 an hour later, and I left my new husband in bed alone, so I could meet Bren! :rotfl:

Did I mention it was raining? :laughing: A drenched rain-coat clad couple came in, and I immediately knew it was Bren and Al! Al led the way to ESPN...being a Disney veteran, he knew all the nooks and crannies and back doors to get us to ESPN without drowning! (Thanks Al!!) I had such fun chatting the afternoon away with Bren...she had beautiful wedding photos, and it was such a pleasure getting to know her. We really clicked, I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet and get better acquainted!

I brought food back for my poor neglected groom and woke him up...it's time to get ready for Hollywood studios!! Yay! I can't wait to get him on the Tower of Terror.

Oh, did I mention it was still raining?

So, we make our way to Hollywood Studios, with our trusty umbrella. I know I'm sounding like a broken record...but it's still raining. I hate to put a bad spin on our honeymoon, like it was a wash-out (pardon the pun)...but somehow the rain really put a damp(er) on our visit to the park. An umbrella only keeps you so dry when the rain is diagional. After doing the Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster, we decided to go for broke and had a CM call Disney dining to see if there were any openings at Spoodles. Finely a bit of Pixie Dust...if we left the park right then, we'd make an ADR! :goodvibes

Spoodles was wonderful!!!

After dinner we decided to call it a night and just cuddle in the resort for the rest of the evening.

Do not disturb!! :hug:

Sorry about the rain. I remember those days of rain. It never ended. I think we almost set a record in Central Florida for the most days of rain!

You are whipping out this TR fast. It's great and I'm loving it! Can't wait to read more! Oh, did I tell you I went to SOG with my FIL's and I found your brick and freaked out. I was like, Ryan take a picture I know her! And he was like whatever... I was like, fine I don't personally know her but I KNOW HER!!!

Kelly-I'm so glad you had such a great day! Everything looked great! Your flowers and cake were both amazing! And I totally know what you mean about the squinting...alot of our pics on the beach at the GF look that way, too!

Hey Kel -

GREAT Pics:wizard: - sorry I wasn't injured and couldn't be there for you!

I'm so glad we got to meet in person Al and I had a great time at lunch- now if you could just move here already - life would be good!!:thumbsup2 Your son will kill you if he sees that picture online!!!

I hope you have gotten all your painting and moving done - I'm finally getting all the unpacking done - bit by bit - man do I own too much clothes and shoes - LOL!

Talk soon!!!

Bren

Just wanted to say that everything looks great!! Beautiful pictures, and wow do I ever love your cake!! Congratulations!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter