Kelly & Gregg's SOG Wedding! Finely our Wedding/Disneymoon TR!!

Kel -

All your choices look great!! I love the mickey heads you made.

If you need anything let me know.

Bren

:banana: :banana: KELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! :banana: :banana:

2 months left!! I'm psyched for you!! WAZOO!!

(I'm a poet, what can I say?)

Oh Meg, please don't tell me I never responded. I can't believe I haven't checked my PJ for so long, I'm so sorry! :scared1: Only 9 More days!! Let me tell you, I feel like I'm running around chasing my tail, I can't get anything done....work piling up, working late, last minute shopping, last minutes project. I'm going crazy!! I don't know how you girls do the big fancy weddings!

I just wanted to say that your wedding is the day of my Bestest friends graduation from college. I totally just realized it!

So now I have a countdown on my computer that says 39 days until Jeramie's Graduation... and Kel's SOG wedding! You are getting soo close! I am so excited for ya!

Thanks Ashley...Ug, I'm embarrassed that I haven't responded to you wonderful Disbrides. I hope you have fun at your friends graduation!

I am so excited to have found your PJ! And the big day is almost here! I cant wait to see all of your after pics etc!!! I love your Mickey Pomanders! I think they will look lovely at the Gazeebo!!!

Thank you!!! I hope the Gazebo turns out okay...I've been so rushed, I'm almost to the point where I just want to show up and get it over with! :rolleyes1 I just want to get on with the Honeymoon!! :hug:

I had no clue about the brick thing. Can you give me more information please!?

Love the pins by the way

Did I send you a PM? If not, please let me know!

Hey Kel!!! You're almost there girl!!

Lynn! I know you're too busy re-creating your own honeymoon right now to read this ;) but thanks for stoping by. I can't wait to read your trip report!!

Kel -

All your choices look great!! I love the mickey heads you made.

If you need anything let me know.

Bren

Thanks so much Bren, you've already done so much, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. Thanks to you, our Honeymoon is going to be even more special now! I can't wait for us to meet!

Are ya ready????

Oh please, don't get me started!! I'm going nutso!! :dance3: How about you, are you as exhausted as me trying to get everything ready? I'll be looking for you!! :goodvibes

I know i won't be on tomorrow before your O'Dark Early wedding....so i jsut wanted to say

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!
:bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride:

Happy belated wedding day! Hope your day was magical and i can't wait to hear all about it and sog and everything!!!!!!!

Hi Kel -

I hope you got home and settled back into a routine. I know it takes a little time to catch back up.

I'm glad that we got to meet and have lunch during your trip,:thumbsup2 even though the rain wasn't very cooperative. lol Al and I had a great time with you. Hope to see you when your back in FL.

Bren

I know i won't be on tomorrow before your O'Dark Early wedding....so i jsut wanted to say

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!
:bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride:

Thank you so much Jen, it was magical, even though not everything happened as planned. It's funny how "big" things, don't seem so big, when you think of the prize in the end! (My wonderful Hubby!)

Happy belated wedding day! Hope your day was magical and i can't wait to hear all about it and sog and everything!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Ashley....I just sent you a PM!!

Hi Kel -

I hope you got home and settled back into a routine. I know it takes a little time to catch back up.

I'm glad that we got to meet and have lunch during your trip, even though the rain wasn't very cooperative. lol Al and I had a great time with you. Hope to see you when your back in FL.

Bren

Oh Bren! Meeting you and Al was so much fun....and let me tell you, our Yachtsman experience was something we will never forget! Thanks for meeting up, it was a lovely way to spend one of the MANY rainy afternoons! Thank you too for offering to take back-up pics in case Meg didn't show...I'm sorry you hurt your knee the night before. Unfortunately Meg didn't return my voicemails about meeting up, though she quoted a "mis-communication" in her PJ. :confused3 I PM'd her to ask why, but she didn't respond. Go figure.

Thanks everybody for looking at my PJ!! I'll post more later about our wedding and Disneymoon...unfortunately as soon as we got home, we got hit by a big ol pile of "real life", and I haven't had much of an opportunity to get online. I can't wait to share some of our soggy pics...and let me tell you, it rained......every. single. day. :headache: (Except for our wedding day, yay!!)

Ta for now!!

Kel

welcome back Kelly! can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi! As usual, I've neglected my poor PJ!! Things have been so hectic since being back...I really don't know where to start!

I know, it's all about the pics, right?!!

Unfortunately, my "photographer" was a no-show...several months of "can't wait to meet", turned into unanswered voice-mails. Much to my disappointment, we didn't get as many ceremony pictures as I'd have liked. I had a back-up person to take pics (thank you so much for offering Bren!), but she hurt her knee the night before. Anyway, I guess that's what I get for being cheep-o!! Since this wasn't the first marriage for Gregg and I, we decided to spend our money on the real fun part...the honeymoon!! Anyway, I digress!! The following pics were taken courtsey of my oldest son, Jonathan, who held the remote cord behind his back! Haha.

Here is a pic of the Gazebo at Shades of Green. We decided to not decorate too much (a decision made I think more by the fact that we were just wore out the night before, and it was suppose to rain!!) That's why, if you notice, the "decorations" are on the INSIDE of the gazebo! (Yeah, we're backwards like that!) Anyway, Gregg actually decorated it the morning we got married, so his bride could concentrate on looking beautiful for him! :bride:

DSC05765.jpg

Here is a picture of us laughing during the ceremony. I think this is where I realized I forgot our wedding rings. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, our room was just a few feet away, so my youngest son, Jacob, ran back and got them for us...

DSC05657.jpg

My oldest son cried during most of the ceremony (I didn't realize it until I looked at the pics later). He said he couldn't help it, because he never saw me look at anyone the way I looked at Gregg during the ceremony. :hug:

Let me introduce you to Mr. & Mrs. Goodfellow!!

DSC05699.jpg

My "flowergirl", Jonathan....:rotfl2: He'd kill me if he read this!!

DSC05717.jpg

Our first family photo...

DSC05751.jpg

After the ceremony, we took our car (used valet parking) to the Grand Floridan for breakfast. In a word, it was WONDERFUL. Pat at GF dining did a beautiful job preparing our celebration, and had this gift basket waiting for us...

DSC05775.jpg

I had ordered it from disneyflorist.com, and had some extra goodies added, such as a framed signed "Congratulations from Mickey and Minnie" picture. Now, I finely get to show off my beautiful wedding cake!! Just a note, Pat (replacement for Linda, the Cake Nazi) was great to work with!! The colors were a litte off from what I requested, but all in all, it was just as I requested!! Ironically, our cake cost more than our entire "wedding!" :laughing:

DSC05866.jpg

Yum-o!!

DSC05859.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

After breakfast, we had a portrait session appointment at the Grand Floridian. They had no problems with us wearing our wedding garb!

Wayyyyyyyyy back in November, Photopass had a deal if you pre-bought a CD, you got a $25 portrait session at the Grand Floridian. I have nothing but good things to say about their photopass resort settings! Here are a few of my favorites...they printed 7 of our favs, and gave us the disk!!:

DisneyPhotoImage15.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage31.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage26.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage18.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage39.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage44.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage43-1.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage56.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage11.jpg

Okay, I don't know why my pics are coming out so small....let's see if I can get a better pic of the cake (priorities!)

DSC05859-1.jpg

After we finished out photo session, we were off for fun!! We hopped into the car and went to Shades of Green to check out. We had reservations at the Portofino Bay resort at Universal. It didn't disappoint!! We got a gorgeous room with a walk-out to the piazza. Gorgeous!! This isn't my pic, but our room was just to the left of the "marina"

Portofino20Bay_new.jpg

After we checked in, we changed clothes and headed to Island of Adventures. What a blast! Unfortunately, I didn't take very many park pics...our main goal was just having some family fun. Here's a pic of Jonathan though at Universal with one of his favorite buds...

DSC01423-1.jpg

Me with the boys

DSC05968.jpg

After hitting all the hot-spots (at Island of Adventures/Universal Studios, if you stay on site, your room key acts like a "fast pass" for all the rides...priceless!!) we gave the boys the option to stay on their own, or go back to the resort. Everyone was pretty wore out from the traveling and getting up early for the wedding, so we all returned to Portofino Bay together. We said goodbye to the boys for the night (it was around 5:00) and went to our room for a much-needed nap!!

Congrats! Everything looked beautiful. I especially loved the Mickey flower ball hanging above the two of you during the ceremony :lovestruc

Everything looked great!! I'm still undecided as to how to decorate the gazebo. That cake is adorable. Did it taste as good as it looked?

A little surprise from Portofino Bay

DSC05922.jpg

After a much-needed rest, we got up and took showers for our evening out. Every evening at sunset, the Portofino Bay has the Singing Tennors, who go on a balcony overlooking the Piazza and sing. We ordered a couple of wines and sat on the Piazza and watched the Tennors...it was wonderfully romantic!!

Afterwards we had dinner reservations at Emerils. OMG, it was FABULOUS!!!

DSC01420-1.jpg

Even Emeril offers a little bit of Pixie Dust!

DSC01422.jpg

After dinner, we walked around Citywalk for a while (Citywalk is to Universal what Downtown Disney is to Disneyworld), and then rode a boat back to the Portofino.

DSC05939.jpg

A romantic end to a perfect day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter