KellyJo18's Planning Journal - WP/LS/UK - June 21, 2007

I just wanted to "pop" in and say hi! All of your projects look amazing! I am leaving in fives days (man we are getting sooo close!!) so hopefully we will run into each other down in Disney! Have an awesome wedding and good luck!

Wow I love your bags and gifts. So cute!

Thanks! I hope I come across the other things I bought to include in them. Luckily our movers came a day later than they had originally told us so I can still search the house for them tomorrow... wow my projects really went down to the last minute :rotfl:.

Wow! Everything looks great! Your welcome bags are so fun!

Your bags are great! Can I come??? :)

Thanks! They are all almost done... I keep hoping my mom (she's making them) has enough time to make me one. I think I'm on the "doesn't need one" list if she runs out of time.

There are a few people we invited that aren't able to come but have seen the bags and asked if they could still get one which means people like them so far :) :goodvibes . We've been trying to keep them put away so they are a surprise but we've been working on them too often to keep them completely hidden.

I just wanted to "pop" in and say hi! All of your projects look amazing! I am leaving in fives days (man we are getting sooo close!!) so hopefully we will run into each other down in Disney! Have an awesome wedding and good luck!

WOW, FIVE DAYS!?! We really are getting close!! :scared1: Are you ready? I feel like I need another month or two to get everything ready. I leave Wednesday morning but we are moving into our new place and then driving down to Disney on the 18th. I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point, I mean, we are DP neighbors so we for sure know we'll kind of see each other that night. It's going to be so much fun. Are you still doing the no rain dance? It sounds like Florida is getting hit with a lot of rain right now :guilty:. Hopefully it will get it out of its system! Good luck to you too and have a GREAT trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when we get back :goodvibes.

Wow! I love everything you have done!! Where did you find the sparkly paper for your projects? Thanks! Lisa

Thanks :) I'm going to guess you are talking about the paper I used on our welcome tags and 'Ohana invites? I bought them from a local store here in Michigan and have never found them anywhere else. I will look tomorrow and see if I have any sheets left with a company name on them so maybe we can track them down online.

Your bags are great! I had written down some stuff from older posts to help with my bags and I must have stolen several of your ideas. ;) I am having the family names embroidered on the front and picked up a bunch of the first visit and birthday pins when I was down for my planning session.

Your bags are great! I had written down some stuff from older posts to help with my bags and I must have stolen several of your ideas. ;) I am having the family names embroidered on the front and picked up a bunch of the first visit and birthday pins when I was down for my planning session.

:yay: I'm glad you were able to get some ideas! I love how the embroidered names give that extra personal touch. I think the pins are something cute to add that most guests won't know about - I hadn't thought of it until I was in line for the Great Movie Ride and saw a person wearing a birthday button, right after we finished the ride I dragged my entire group over to guests services to get some. I think the woman thought I was nuts for wanting so many but she didn't hesitate too long before giving me a bag full (and then we went and hit up guest services at MK :rotfl:).

I just found this thread and all I can say is WOW! Your bags are amazing (as well as everything else)!!! Your guests are going to love them! :)

This is my first day back online since last Thursday. I am never going to have enough time to catch up on all of the posts! I was definitely going nuts without having access to the internet but it gave us lots of time to work on unpacking our new place here in Florida. I can't believe I now live less than two hours away from Disney and that we have annual passes :yay:.

Anway, this is probably my last post before we leave for our wedding. I can't believe we are less than a week away from getting married and we leave in three days! For all of you brides still counting down the months, it flys by!

So when we left for our move I had three projects left to do: programs, seating tags (not sure what they are called), and a print out with information about our wedding day bus transportation. I currently have completed none of them :scared1:. Well... that's not entirely true. I finished the wedding programs but had a snag with them. On the back side where I thanked our guests for traveling and our parents for helping us, etc. I also wrote something about "we'd like to remember those who are no longer with us...". I had originally asked DF if it was okay and he said sure but when I showed the program to his mom she started to cry when she read that part :confused:. She later asked DF if we could take it off. Her father passed away a little under a year ago so I understand completely that she doesn't want to upset people - she didn't know why we would want to bring up something sad during a happy occasion and was worried about it upsetting her mother. I know exactly what she means but at the same time it upsets me because they are all done and we have less than a week left :eek: plus now that we are no longer in our hometown I don't have access to the stores I originally bought the materials at. Sorry that's my little vent :rolleyes1

I'm sure I will be able to get it done if I resist the urge to go furniture shopping and decorate. Right now I'm a little stressed about it all. I even keep having dreams that Randy doesn't show up to take pictures :scared1: but for some reason in a lot of the dreams I don't even realize he's not there until the dessert party and by then it is too late to get any pictures. At this point I am ready for it to get here and be able to stop worrying about it all but I know once it is over I will be sad not to have projects/planning.

Anyway... I will try to update before we leave but if not I will be back soon with lots of pictures and hopefully a great wedding to report! :cool1:

Kelly Jo ~ I know it has been a approx. a year since your wedding but let me tell you, you have been such an inspiration with all your projects. i still have well over a year until mine and have been trying to come up with projects to make myself feel like i'm still planning a wedding :laughing: we are planning on doing the WP, LS and Lower UK DP in spring 2010. So all your pics and projects have been so useful to me. Thank you so much! Did you do a TR for your wedding? i am sure it was beautiful! :goodvibes

Kelly Jo ~ I know it has been a approx. a year since your wedding but let me tell you, you have been such an inspiration with all your projects. i still have well over a year until mine and have been trying to come up with projects to make myself feel like i'm still planning a wedding :laughing: we are planning on doing the WP, LS and Lower UK DP in spring 2010. So all your pics and projects have been so useful to me. Thank you so much! Did you do a TR for your wedding? i am sure it was beautiful! :goodvibes

I was so surprised to see a new post here! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Even though it has been awhile since I was in the planning stages, it still feels like yesterday I was racing to get all my projects done. I'm so glad that my ideas have been useful for other brides. I know the DIS was so helpful when I was planning. I can't imagine having gone through the process without the support on this website.

I did have a trip report up but removed most of the posts after some unfortunate incidents here last fall. The skeleton of it is still around somewhere. You have picked amazing locations (although where at Disney isn't amazing, right?) and if you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask. Since all of my pictures are gone from this site here are a couple that show how our event turned out:

KM14546-21-07.jpg

KM14596-21-07.jpg

KM14776-21-07-1.jpg

Wedding-MayaandCarterlookingoverwal.jpg

KM04706-21-07.jpg

Wedding-CarterMayaandDominicbubbles.jpg

KM17166-21-07.jpg

Wedding-LivingSeas.jpg

Wedding-CakeTable1.jpg

Every other table at the LS had flowers, the rest had the LS's standard candle.
WeddingReception-tablepic.jpg

KM07356-21-07.jpg

I'm made my own wedding album, this page shows most of the reception's accents.
livingseaslayout-1.jpg

Our dessert party was in UK upper and lower.
dessertparty1-1.jpg

dessertparty3-1.jpg

dessertparty5.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures! :goodvibes They are gorgeous! I really love the one from about half way back of you guys at the alter, it is beautiful! I may be asking more questions as all my projects get started and what not so thanks again for all the inspiration! :thumbsup2

Hello there! I followed your journal from start to finish and was wondering if I did something wrong to get locked out of it. If you don't mind me asking what happened to your beautiful posts?

Anna Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter