KellyJo18's Planning Journal - WP/LS/UK - June 21, 2007

Looks like we missed eachother planning journals because I somehow missed this one too!
I LOVE the pics of your bridal shower. The colors are so fune and right up my alley. The towel cake was adorable!
I also love your favors! You made the boxes!!!! What a great idea! I wish I had thought to do it - but that must have taken forever! The colors, again, are great and so perfect for your location!

:banana: So RAN into Michael's Today between school and my #2 Job, which means I have about 20-25 minutes. :scared1: Go immediately to the Wedding Aisle - Can't find the little Thank You medal deals :eek: So I'm like OK, maybe when I have more time (which by the way, NOT sure when that might be ANYways)

My ideas - thank you very much to Kelly! :rolleyes1

Wedding Colors: Deep Red (Claret from Alfred Angelo), Navy Blue and Silver.

For our At Home Reception - Navy Blue Cardstock, Red Ribbon at the top with a Navy Blue Mickey that I'm either going to write very small or hope to find a "You're Invited" medal deal and then handwrite the invitation part(in Calligraphy - there's some more cobwebs that need kicking off) using a silver Calligraphy Paint Pen.
THEN for all our Thank You Cards I'm gonna use Red Cardstock, Navy Blue Ribbon, Red Mickey and PRAY I find the silver Thank You deals.

So today I got the cardstock (only 5 in each color for experiment purposes), the Mickey Punch - $15 OUCH, but it'll get tons of post wedding use in my house, Calligraphy Pens, Ribbon - Navy and Red kind of Ribbed. I really wish they had those colors separately with Silver on the back, with the stitched look like Kelly has, but oh well! :sad2: They did have (For anyone interested) Green with Silver - very pretty!

So I'm going to work on that experiment and I'll post pics for y'alls opinions ASAP. Speaking of which, how come I can't post pics on Dis? Tried a few times, it doesn't work. Is there a magic number of posts or something before it'll let you, or am I just a dufus? :rolleyes1

Have a fabulous day ladies!

Hey! I haven't really been online the past few days so sorry I didn't get to respond right away. You might have already found the thank you charms but I did a quick search on the Michaels website so you could see what they look like in their packaging. Sometimes it's easier if you know exactly what you are looking for.
thankyoucharms.jpg

Your ideas sound so great! I can't wait to see them :). Good luck finding all of your supplies. I know what a headache that can be. I have spent way too much time digging through bins of ribbon at Michaels hoping what I need just accidentally got put back in the wrong spot :rotfl2:.

You do have to have a certain number of posts to be able to link pictures but I don't think the number is very high before it lets you start doing it :confused3. I can't remember exactly. Hopefully it starts letting you soon :). What program are you using to upload your photos? I've never had much trouble with Photobucket but I know there are a lot of different websites people use.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how everything turns out!!

Looks like we missed eachother planning journals because I somehow missed this one too!
I LOVE the pics of your bridal shower. The colors are so fune and right up my alley. The towel cake was adorable!
I also love your favors! You made the boxes!!!! What a great idea! I wish I had thought to do it - but that must have taken forever! The colors, again, are great and so perfect for your location!

Well... I would say the boxes took forever but we still haven't made more than five :rolleyes1. Once we started making them we thought "where are we going to store these??" and decided to wait until our date got a little closer. I really need to start finishing some of these project instead of just starting more :rolleyes:. Thank you for the compliments :goodvibes.

Hi there! I just noticed that the dress you ordered is a Jasmine. Thats funny b/c I was choosing between the one I got and one similar to the one you ordered. Ha. So we both liked the same dresses (almost) and each of us ordered a different one. Just a random comment :)

I love your planning journal. I wish I was as creative as you!

Hi there! I just noticed that the dress you ordered is a Jasmine. Thats funny b/c I was choosing between the one I got and one similar to the one you ordered. Ha. So we both liked the same dresses (almost) and each of us ordered a different one. Just a random comment :)

I love your planning journal. I wish I was as creative as you!

That is pretty funny. Your planning journal has me wanting to go back and retry on your dress. My dress just came in though so I don't want to start second guessing myself, although, every time I get to put my dress on I remember why I love it so maybe it wouldn't be a problem.

That is pretty funny. Your planning journal has me wanting to go back and retry on your dress. My dress just came in though so I don't want to start second guessing myself, although, every time I get to put my dress on I remember why I love it so maybe it wouldn't be a problem.

That is too funny b/c I was thinking the same thing about your dress just today! Haha. I was like hmmm maybe I should go try that one on! I love your dress :) But I feel like I have to stop looking at dresses or else I will drive myself crazy.

Your shower was SO bright & colorful....i loved it, great colors

your PJ is incredibly detailed!!! Great job!!!
I love everything so far. I cant wait to see the final outcome
You have alot of great ideas & the fish items are very pretty
Those bags are a great idea!!
Keep up the great work:thumbsup2

Everything looks so great! It's almost bad for me to look at all this stuff bc I am going to want to steal all your neat ideas! :rolleyes1
I can't wait to hear how everything goes from here!

That is too funny b/c I was thinking the same thing about your dress just today! Haha. I was like hmmm maybe I should go try that one on! I love your dress :) But I feel like I have to stop looking at dresses or else I will drive myself crazy.

My thoughts exactly :rotfl:.

Your shower was SO bright & colorful....i loved it, great colors

your PJ is incredibly detailed!!! Great job!!!
I love everything so far. I cant wait to see the final outcome
You have alot of great ideas & the fish items are very pretty
Those bags are a great idea!!
Keep up the great work:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the compliments :). Hopefully it will all come together well on our wedding day. I started having a panic attack last night while I was trying to go to sleep... all I could think about was everything I still need to do and how I better get busy or it's not going to get done.

Everything looks so great! It's almost bad for me to look at all this stuff bc I am going to want to steal all your neat ideas! :rolleyes1
I can't wait to hear how everything goes from here!

That's always such a nice compliment that someone would even consider using any of my ideas. Thanks!

I can't believe I haven't posted anything here in over a month... the time is flying by, our wedding is going to be here before I know it. Only 19 more days! :scared1: DF and I are moving from Michigan to Florida on Tuesday and it is crunch time with us trying to get things done for the wedding since we are planning on taking most of it with us instead of sending it on the plane with our relatives. Between packing and making things for the wedding (not to mention work) I've pretty much been stressing out frequently.

Awhile back I bought DF tickets to go see Alton Brown (from Food Network) and the show was tonight. I couldn't have worse timing! It was a lot of fun but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about all of the things I should have been doing instead. When I got home I started working on our invitations for the welcome dinner but just finished off my last glue stick. I figured that meant I could spend a couple minutes updating all of our plans.

So a couple months ago I rented the new Disney Cricut cartridges from a local scrapbook store and made a bunch of Mickey cut outs for our welcome bags. I finally finished gluing all of the layers together and made our tags.

This is the information tag for the outside of the bags so the resorts know which bag goes to who and when. Hopefully I didn't forget to include any information on it.
DSCN1008online.jpg

Here is the other tag I made for the bags
DSCN1016.jpg

This is the front cover of the 'Ohana invites I am working on. Sorry this is not a very good picture and I apparently did not cut the eyes out as well as I should have because you can still see black edges around the white. Oh well... once you get down to having a few days to finish something you don't really care about it being perfect (which is so hard for me because I am such a perfectionist).
DSCN1012.jpg

I finally figured out a menu design that I liked. It is a long vertical one (4.25 x 11). The only thing I left off of it was the fact that the sorbet will come out in the ice slippers (I was wanting it to be a surprise).
DSCN1011.jpg

I am still working on the kids menu. Right now the design I have is similar but instead of having "Mike & Kelly" it will say "Carter's Menu" (name of the child). Also, instead of having the initial of our last name faded behind our first names I have a light blue faded Mickey head. I will post it once I finish it up :).

My mom and I finally finished all of the favor boxes!!! :yay: You probably can't tell the difference in this picture but this box is much larger than our other ones because it is for the kids.
DSCN1006.jpg

Instead of giving them the mints we bought fishing games for them. I figure it will keep them entertained and went well with the Living Seas.
DSCN1007.jpg

Our table numbers
DSCN0999.jpg

I finally figured out how I wanted our wedding programs but still have to finish printing them off and putting them together. The outside layer is a green velum. There is printing underneath it that is much easier to see in person - it didn't show up so well on my camera.
DSCN1021.jpg

Under the velum cover.
programcoveronline.jpg

The inside.
weddingprograminsideonlineversion.jpg

On the back I have our thank yous to everyone for traveling so far, our parents for helping make it possible, etc.

Some random things... my mom bought the kids coming to the wedding bubble guns for our staged exit. She thought that they would be easier and more fun for them.
DSCN1017.jpg

I bought these to give to the kids at our rehearsal dinner. I thought they were adorable and fit the 'Ohana theme :) I figure the kids can pour their drinks into them if they want to use them right away.
DSCN1025.jpg

We also got Nemo light thingys (do they have a name?) for the dessert party. Again just for the kids. I originally was going to buy everyone glow in the dark necklaces but am thinking it isn't in the budget anymore.
DSCN1015.jpg

I started to put together gift bags for my bridesmaids. All of their accessories for the wedding are in it (purse, dress shoes, sandals, nail polish, earrings... I also am paying for their hair on the day of the wedding). It drives me nuts that all of the wedding things are black and I bought brown bags! I thought the bags were so cute though and were marked down to $10 at Ann Taylor - I couldn't pass them up.
DSCN1020.jpg

Well, I think that is it for now. Posting all of that made me feel like I've been more productive lately than I really have been. Maybe that will make it easier to fall asleep tonight... the past few nights I just lay there thinking about all I still have to get done :sad2:. I can't wait until all our projects are finished and we are ready to just enjoy our time at Disney instead of worry about silly detals.

Hopefully I'll have more things finished in the next couple days. After that all I will have to post are pictures of our new apartment... hopefully I can finish it all up before our move so I don't have to worry about the wedding and unpacking :eek:.

I can't believe I haven't posted anything here in over a month... the time is flying by, our wedding is going to be here before I know it. Only 19 more days! :scared1: DF and I are moving from Michigan to Florida on Tuesday and it is crunch time with us trying to get things done for the wedding since we are planning on taking most of it with us instead of sending it on the plane with our relatives. Between packing and making things for the wedding (not to mention work) I've pretty much been stressing out frequently.

Awhile back I bought DF tickets to go see Alton Brown (from Food Network) and the show was tonight. I couldn't have worse timing! It was a lot of fun but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about all of the things I should have been doing instead. When I got home I started working on our invitations for the welcome dinner but just finished off my last glue stick. I figured that meant I could spend a couple minutes updating all of our plans.

So a couple months ago I rented the new Disney Cricut cartridges from a local scrapbook store and made a bunch of Mickey cut outs for our welcome bags. I finally finished gluing all of the layers together and made our tags.

This is the information tag for the outside of the bags so the resorts know which bag goes to who and when. Hopefully I didn't forget to include any information on it.
DSCN1008online.jpg

Here is the other tag I made for the bags
DSCN1016.jpg

This is the front cover of the 'Ohana invites I am working on. Sorry this is not a very good picture and I apparently did not cut the eyes out as well as I should have because you can still see black edges around the white. Oh well... once you get down to having a few days to finish something you don't really care about it being perfect (which is so hard for me because I am such a perfectionist).
DSCN1012.jpg

I finally figured out a menu design that I liked. It is a long vertical one (4.25 x 11). The only thing I left off of it was the fact that the sorbet will come out in the ice slippers (I was wanting it to be a surprise).
DSCN1011.jpg

I am still working on the kids menu. Right now the design I have is similar but instead of having "Mike & Kelly" it will say "Carter's Menu" (name of the child). Also, instead of having the initial of our last name faded behind our first names I have a light blue faded Mickey head. I will post it once I finish it up :).

My mom and I finally finished all of the favor boxes!!! :yay: You probably can't tell the difference in this picture but this box is much larger than our other ones because it is for the kids.
DSCN1006.jpg

Instead of giving them the mints we bought fishing games for them. I figure it will keep them entertained and went well with the Living Seas.
DSCN1007.jpg

Our table numbers
DSCN0999.jpg

I finally figured out how I wanted our wedding programs but still have to finish printing them off and putting them together. The outside layer is a green velum. There is printing underneath it that is much easier to see in person - it didn't show up so well on my camera.
DSCN1021.jpg

Under the velum cover.
programcoveronline.jpg

The inside.
weddingprograminsideonlineversion.jpg

On the back I have our thank yous to everyone for traveling so far, our parents for helping make it possible, etc.

Some random things... my mom bought the kids coming to the wedding bubble guns for our staged exit. She thought that they would be easier and more fun for them.
DSCN1017.jpg

I bought these to give to the kids at our rehearsal dinner. I thought they were adorable and fit the 'Ohana theme :) I figure the kids can pour their drinks into them if they want to use them right away.
DSCN1025.jpg

We also got Nemo light thingys (do they have a name?) for the dessert party. Again just for the kids. I originally was going to buy everyone glow in the dark necklaces but am thinking it isn't in the budget anymore.
DSCN1015.jpg

I started to put together gift bags for my bridesmaids. All of their accessories for the wedding are in it (purse, dress shoes, sandals, nail polish, earrings... I also am paying for their hair on the day of the wedding). It drives me nuts that all of the wedding things are black and I bought brown bags! I thought the bags were so cute though and were marked down to $10 at Ann Taylor - I couldn't pass them up.
DSCN1020.jpg

Well, I think that is it for now. Posting all of that made me feel like I've been more productive lately than I really have been. Maybe that will make it easier to fall asleep tonight... the past few nights I just lay there thinking about all I still have to get done :sad2:. I can't wait until all our projects are finished and we are ready to just enjoy our time at Disney instead of worry about silly detals.

Hopefully I'll have more things finished in the next couple days. After that all I will have to post are pictures of our new apartment... hopefully I can finish it all up before our move so I don't have to worry about the wedding and unpacking :eek:.

Kelly everything looks amazing! I love your tags and the cups for Ohana's. Where did you get those?

It definitely shows that you put a lot of time and creativity into these projects. The items for the Bridesmaids bags are really nice. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

i too would love to know how you did the welcome tag? where are the die cuts from?

Kelly everything looks amazing! I love your tags and the cups for Ohana's. Where did you get those?

Thanks Laura! I got the cups from the Disney Store about two weeks ago (so they should still have them). When I went to the mall last weekend I noticed they were 25% off.

It definitely shows that you put a lot of time and creativity into these projects. The items for the Bridesmaids bags are really nice. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Thanks :) I was wondering if I didn't get the bridesmaids enough. I didn't really get anything personal that they can keep, just all stuff for the wedding. I figured that all of the expenses for being in a wedding can add up fast (especially with traveling so far) and that this would help them out some.

i too would love to know how you did the welcome tag? where are the die cuts from?

Orangetiggs, I was wondering the same thing. :goodvibes I've never seen large size Disney die cuts.

I used a Cricut machine to make them. They just came out with two Disney cartridges. Ones is call Mickey and Friends - it has a bunch of different characters, and the other is called Mickey Font - obviously has Disney font but also that is where I was able to cut out the big Mickey hands and head outline.

This is the machine I used
cricut.jpg

The Mickey and Friends cartridge
disneymickeyandfriends.jpg

Here is some of what you can make
disneymickeyandfriends2.gif

disneymickeyandfriends3.gif

The Mickey Font cartridge - sorry I couldn't find very many pictures of the different fonts you can do with this one. Not only fonts though but it has a bunch of different sayings that the Disney characters are known for (they are really cute).
disneymickeyfont.jpg

disneymickeyfont2.gif

What you do to make them is send a different piece of paper threw the machine for every shape you see. To make my 'Ohana Mickey I had to send through white paper to make the entire thing, then I had to do the same thing with black. You have to cut out the eyes on the black layer (so the white shows through in the layering) and you also have to cut out the hands in the black layer so they appear white (and the buttons). Next I would send the yellow paper in the machine and tell it to make his shoes. Pink for his tongue. Finally, the flower paper I used for his shorts. Then you glue all of the layers together and you're done :)

Oh that machine is too cool. I would love that.

I love it! But unfortunately it's not mine... I think my mom would notice if it all of a sudden ended up in one of my moving boxes :rolleyes1 It's definitely on my Christmas list so I can use it for scrapbooking wedding pictures.

my mum has the craft robo but it does not have the cartridges so its a shame as the cricut is around $400 here in the uk

you should sell them on ebay I would buy some off you!

I would love to make you some but I won't have access to the machine anymore. I'll let you know if I end up buying one :goodvibes. Maybe I'll suggest people get us Michael's gift cards for the wedding so DF can't argue about me spending money on it :rotfl:.

You've made some incredible projects - subscribing! :surfweb:

Good luck with all of your moving / wedding palns - that's a lot to deal with all at once! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter