KellyJo18's Planning Journal - WP/LS/UK - June 21, 2007

this is so fun to read! i'm super excited for you! can't wait to have my own disney wedding some day...

This planning trip report is fantastic!!!!! Thank you soo much for sharing this! I had no idea about the ice sculpture slipper! That's awesome for sorbet! You made me really excited for my own planning session (which is 15 months away!!!! hehehe)

Can't wait to hear more (and see more pictures!)

Thanks! I saw pictures of the ice slipper before our planning session and thought they were even better in person. I never expected to actually want to spend the money on it though but I'm really hoping our budget allows us to have them :)

Very elegant!

Thank you! I was wanting something more elegant.

I just tuned in... you've made some awesome selections, and you will have an incredible wedding.

We were married at the wedding pavillion in October 2005. Our wedding was amazing. The one thing that we were most impressed with is that we did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding.... there was always an entire crew and my planner with us the entire time, keeping us on schedule and directing us throughout pictures, travel, the ceremony, reception, etc. The best advice that I can give you is just to relax and breath it all in. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the advice :). It is so easy to worry about things but I know the day of the wedding will go smoothly thanks to everyone's help planning and the crew at DFTW.

this is so fun to read! i'm super excited for you! can't wait to have my own disney wedding some day...

I'm glad you are enjoying it :goodvibes.

I like your invites! I also like your olive maid's gowns. Thanks for sharing your planning TR with us; it's been a lot of fun to read!

You were so organized for your planning session! You are my inspiration ;) I love your colors. Very nice. Good luck with the rest of the planning!

I like your invites! I also like your olive maid's gowns. Thanks for sharing your planning TR with us; it's been a lot of fun to read!

Thanks for the compliments :goodvibes.

You were so organized for your planning session! You are my inspiration ;) I love your colors. Very nice. Good luck with the rest of the planning!

I'm glad it looked like I was organized for our planning session :rolleyes1. I had kept cutting out pictures from the bridal magazines I collected throughout our engagement and kept meaning to get them organized but I really didn't get it all ready for our planning session until the week before we left for Florida. I wasn't sure what they would need so I had a couple pages for each topic I thought we'd cover: cakes, flowers, my dress, bridesmaids dress, favors, etc. Our EM didn't look at it much but I was extremely glad to have it when I met with floral. She wanted to know every little detail and I don't know the "technical" terms for things so I would just show her the picture. Good luck with your planning!

I'm glad it looked like I was organized for our planning session :rolleyes1. I had kept cutting out pictures from the bridal magazines I collected throughout our engagement and kept meaning to get them organized but I really didn't get it all ready for our planning session until the week before we left for Florida. I wasn't sure what they would need so I had a couple pages for each topic I thought we'd cover: cakes, flowers, my dress, bridesmaids dress, favors, etc. Our EM didn't look at it much but I was extremely glad to have it when I met with floral. She wanted to know every little detail and I don't know the "technical" terms for things so I would just show her the picture. Good luck with your planning![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've been doing the same thing. I keep cutting things out and just stuffing them in my binder but they are not at all organized. One of these days I'll put them all neatly together. I think it's great that the floral rep wanted all the details and pics. That way you know you'll get exactly what you want by showing it to her! :)

Here is the guest bag we have been making for the wedding. And when I say "we" I really mean my mom :rolleyes1. I found a pattern I liked and have been trying to help make them but all she lets me do is the inside lining because, in her words, "no one will be able to see it". Apparently, I'm not the world's best sewer :rotfl:.

I think she's been doing a great job but it is taking "us" awhile to get them done. I did all of the embroidery on the outside of the bag that says "Walt Disney World" and the family name underneath.
DSCN0922.jpg

So far we have included:
Sunscreen
Wet Wipes
Band aids - We are giving Disney tattoo band aids to families with children
1st aid kit
Pocket tissues
Water bottle
Magic Kingdom water bottle lanyard
Disney Dollar
Disney Photo Album
Park buttons - here you see the 1st visit pin but we also got anniversary and birthday pins for the families that they apply to during our wedding trip
Park Maps - during our trip for the site inspection I grabbed handfuls of these brochures whenever we went by a stand. The last time we were there I asked at the front desk of our hotel and they brought out tons for us which was much easier! I've also heard that EM's will get them for you if you ask.

We still need to add our food snacks but figure we should hold off to buy those until the wedding gets closer in case they go bad or someone gets hungry in the middle of the night and they start to disappear.

Can you think of anything else that our guests would like?? :confused3

This is the inside of the bag. We used a Disney print fabric to line each of the bags.
DSCN0775.jpg

Oh! and I stole the tag saying from Fantasia Sam. It says "We made this welcome bag especially for you. Since you traveled all these miles it's the least we could do!"

Here is the guest bag we have been making for the wedding. And when I say "we" I really mean my mom :rolleyes1. I found a pattern I liked and have been trying to help make them but all she lets me do is the inside lining because, in her words, "no one will be able to see it". Apparently, I'm not the world's best sewer :rotfl:.

I think she's been doing a great job but it is taking "us" awhile to get them done. I did all of the embroidery on the outside of the bag that says "Walt Disney World" and the family name underneath.
DSCN0922.jpg

So far we have included:
Sunscreen
Wet Wipes
Band aids - We are giving Disney tattoo band aids to families with children
1st aid kit
Water bottle
Magic Kingdom water bottle lanyard
Disney Dollar
Disney Photo Album
Park buttons - here you see the 1st visit pin but we also got anniversary and birthday pins for the families that they apply to during our wedding trip
Park Maps - during our trip for the site inspection I grabbed handfuls of these brochures whenever we went by a stand. The last time we were there I asked at the front desk of our hotel and they brought out tons for us which was much easier! I've also heard that EM's will get them for you if you ask.

We still need to add our food snacks but figure we should hold off to buy those until the wedding gets closer in case they go bad or someone gets hungry in the middle of the night and they start to disappear.

Can you think of anything else that our guests would like?? :confused3

This is the inside of the bag. We used a Disney print fabric to line each of the bags.
DSCN0775.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed. I love your bags.. I wish I was a guest at your wedding. I think you have thought of some great things. Were did you find the disney sunblock?

Wow! I'm impressed. I love your bags.. I wish I was a guest at your wedding. I think you have thought of some great things. Were did you find the disney sunblock?

Thanks! I haven't thought of nearly as much as you though, I love looking at all of your ideas :) I found the sunblock at Walmart a few weeks ago. They had a few different types of Disney choices so you might want to go check it out.

Thanks! I haven't thought of nearly as much as you though, I love looking at all of your ideas :) I found the sunblock at Walmart a few weeks ago. They had a few different types of Disney choices so you might want to go check it out.

Oh thanks. I'm going there tomarrow. You might take a look at Dollar tree they had some great pens. Might be nice to include.

How about autograph books and pens for the families who have children?

A disposable camera maybe?

I love the things you've already got, and the bags! I think they're awesome!! The little tagline is way cute!

How about autograph books and pens for the families who have children?

A disposable camera maybe?

I love the things you've already got, and the bags! I think they're awesome!! The little tagline is way cute!

We do have a few children coming and I was planning on getting them autograph books for their bags, I think they would love it. I am also considering using a autograph book in place of our guest book at the wedding. I didn't think DF would go for it but he didn't turn the idea down when I asked which is always a good sign. I thought having our guests sign the autograph book instead of a normal guest book would be different but I also love the signature photograph mats. I guess I should probably decide soon.

I love the saying on the tag too :goodvibes. I thought it was so cute when I came across Sam's post and knew I wanted to use it. Thanks Sam! :cool1:

I posted this originally during my planning session trip report but here is a more finalized version of our favors. We found ribbon in the colors we are using at the reception (they match the standard linens at the LS) and I get to spend some quality time folding paper into boxes. It should be a blast :lmao:.
DSCN0902.jpg

I punched out Mickey heads and attached a circle thank you charm that I got from Michaels.
DSCN0903.jpg

I love your favours! Is it hard to find the packs of mints in DisneyWorld? I wanted to give some out after our dessert party.

I was also at the grocery store today and saw that they have Finding Nemo Sour Real Fruit Gummies and instantly thought of your planning journal. I thought they would be perfect in your welcome bags if you could find them where you live. I can't find a picture of the Nemo ones, but these are other disney ones you may have seen in stores. I have also seen Nemo fruit snacks from dare, so that might be an idea too if you can't find the gummies.

RealFruitGummies.jpg

I love your favours! Is it hard to find the packs of mints in DisneyWorld? I wanted to give some out after our dessert party.

I was also at the grocery store today and saw that they have Finding Nemo Sour Real Fruit Gummies and instantly thought of your planning journal. I thought they would be perfect in your welcome bags if you could find them where you live. I can't find a picture of the Nemo ones, but these are other disney ones you may have seen in stores. I have also seen Nemo fruit snacks from dare, so that might be an idea too if you can't find the gummies.

RealFruitGummies.jpg

I was so excited to see this posting :cool1: since I haven't written anything in awhile and I love the fact that you thought of me at the grocery store :hug:. The nemo gummies sound great and I am definitely going to have to hunt them down at the grocery store this weekend. DF loves sour gummies and putting them in the welcome bags is a great idea :).

About the Nemo mints, we seemed to see them in quite a few different locations around WDW. I was surprised to see that the Days of Christmas store in Downtown Disney had a large selection of different mint tins (that's where we first noticed the Nemo ones). I am pretty sure that every gift shop type store at WDW had at least one or two different types of mint tins but I only really remember where we saw the Nemo tins. I have a friend that works in the Animal Kingdom offices and am making her track down 70 tins for our wedding. If you have a particular type/character in mind I can ask her to check it out. Also, I asked one CM at the Days of Christmas store if it would be difficult to get a large quantity of them and she replied that they would not have a problem tracking enough down. I'm not sure if that meant we would be running around WDW picking them up or if the store would gather them. :confused3

I've gotten a few PM's about how we made the boxes we are putting our favors in for the wedding and I thought it might be helpful to post step by step directions for assembling them. Hopefully some of you find it helpful!

Step One: Cut selected paper into a square. We used an 8x8 piece of paper to make the box you will see posted below. I have since changed the dimensions to better fit our Nemo tin box favors.

Step Two: Fold the paper diagonally in both directions so your paper, when unfolded, shows a large X.
DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0941.jpg

Step Three: Then fold the paper into thirds in both directions to create a 3x3 grid of smaller squares.
DSCN0942.jpg

When finished folding it should look like this:
DSCN0927.jpg

Step Four: Once you have finished folding you will need to bend the paper in at each corner in order to form the walls of the box.
DSCN0931.jpg

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

Step Five: You will need to glue the inside tabs of the box in order to keep it from unfolding. However, I saw the idea originally as a box that unfolds when the top is removed in order to display a scrapbook page/letter.

Step Six: To make the top of the box you follow the same instructions but make the paper slightly larger so it fits easily onto the bottom of the box. I did this step without folding the paper from corner to corner because it results in a large X that would leave creases on the top of the box.
DSCN0925.jpg

You can see tape in the above picture because it was our test box but originally we were going to fasten the box together with eyelets but found it to be much easier (and less time consuming) to use glue.

Step Seven: Next I attached the ribbon by just wrapping it around the top of the box and gluing it to the inside of the box cover. I figured it would be easier if our guests could take the top off without untying the ribbon.
DSCN0903.jpg

Step Eight: I punched out Mickey heads using a hole punch I found at a local scrapbook store. I believe you can find the punch easily at any store that sells scrapbook supplies.
DSCN0936.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

Step Nine: Once I punched enough Mickey heads I punched a small hole at the top in order to attach the round thank you charms you see in the above photo. I found these charms in the wedding aisle of our local Michaels store.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions about how to make the boxes :).

Wow!!! Those are awesome!!! Thank you soooo much for giving the step-by-step! They came out so well... I hope you don't mind if we all copy you now :rotfl: hehehe j/k (kind of!)

Your guests are very lucky to be receiving such awesome favors!

Wow - you made those? I thought those boxes were store bought, they look professionally done. Good job, pretty crafty!

Can I ask how much the mints themselves cost you per tin at WDW?

Those boxes are AWESOME! How many are you having to make? Do you have people signed on to help put them together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter