Kidani 1st stay

owl0306

Mouseketeer
So excited for our first dvc stay at kidani in a 1br. I have a few newbie questions

1. can you walk from kidani to Jambo? if yes, about how long?

2. any requests you can think of room wise and location?

3. is there a bus stop at kidani to get to AK?

4. is there just one elevator at kidani?

5. I am staying dvc so I know about trash and housekeeping, but do they provide you bedding for the sleeper sofa and also the chair sleeper?

6. I have two under two, will they give me two playpens and two highchairs? they are both listed on the reservation

Thanks

owl0306 said:
So excited for our first dvc stay at kidani in a 1br. I have a few newbie questions

1. can you walk from kidani to Jambo? if yes, about how long?

2. any requests you can think of room wise and location?

3. is there a bus stop at kidani to get to AK?

4. is there just one elevator at kidani?

5. I am staying dvc so I know about trash and housekeeping, but do they provide you bedding for the sleeper sofa and also the chair sleeper?

6. I have two under two, will they give me two playpens and two highchairs? they are both listed on the reservation

Thanks

Yeah! Questions I can actually answer! Well some of them anyways. We were just at kidani in january.
1. You can walk to jambo house, it takes about 10 minutes, buy I don't recommend it. It is really hot as there is no shade on the walk, and the walk is basically a walk along the parking lot, nothing much to see. There is however a handy shuttle that runs back and forth between the two lodges every 7 minutes. They keep towels in the van for you to sit on if you are wet from the pool.

3. There is a bus stop at kidani with buses to all disney parks and down town disney. All buses stop first at kidani and then at jambo house.

5. Both the sleeper soda and sleeper chair will have sheets on them already. There should be blankets and pillows in a clear bag in the closets.

6. I'm not sure about 2 pac n plays, I know there is definitely 1 and 1 high chair. I'm sure they would be happy to bring you another set free of charge if you ask, but I would call and ask before check in so they will be ready for you.

Have fun!

DisneyRegulars said:
3. There is a bus stop at kidani with buses to all disney parks and down town disney. All buses stop first at kidani and then at jambo house.

Buses headed to a theme park stop a Kidani Village first and the Jambo House.
Buses headed to Downtown Disney stop at Jambo House first and the Kidani Village.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

thanks! I am excited to be able to walk to jambo with the stroller. My older kids and dh are going to be fishing and i would love not having to drive (putting the two in the car is an ordeal lol) but being able to view the grounds for the hours they are gone. does Kidani or jambo have a play area either wet or dry for the little ones? Cannot wait to eat at boma again!

Kidani has an amazing splash area for little ones and big ones. Your kids will love it! Kidani also has a tiny water slide that tiny kids can go down into the big pool and parents can catch them at the bottom. My son adored this. Jambo house has a boring kiddie pool, just a round shallow circle. Both lodges have a zero entry pool, so my little guy loved playing in the shallow part of each pool. Jambo house also has a nice dry playground located behind their swimming pool with several slides but no swings. My boy thought the swings had been stolen because he had never seen a playground without swings before. It was really funny.

lol stolen swings! that is something mine would say also. Another question, does kidani have their own store to buy milk and eggs, etc or do I have to go to jambo?

owl0306 said:
lol stolen swings! that is something mine would say also. Another question, does kidani have their own store to buy milk and eggs, etc or do I have to go to jambo?

Yes, Kidani Village has its own resort store. Except for the lack of quick service, Kidani Village has all services and could operate as a separate resort.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We always walk between the 2 resorts..Use the inside hallways at Kidani until you get to the Zazu elevator to avoid some of the heat. Comes out very short distance to Jambo.

Even though there is no quick service, you can get some super delicious naan with 3 dipping sauces, and other really tasty filling appetizers from the Sanaa bar. You can also ask for them to go and take them back to your room. They are all priced around $8, and the bread one can easily be a full meal for 1 person. Yum! We got them several times during our visit.

Even though there is no quick service, you can get some super delicious naan with 3 dipping sauces, and other really tasty filling appetizers from the Sanaa bar. You can also ask for them to go and take them back to your room. They are all priced around $8, and the bread one can easily be a full meal for 1 person. Yum! We got them several times during our visit.

Yum!! Sanaa lounge for bread service and African wine flight is a must do for us every trip!!

Request a second pack n play and high chair when you check in...should be no problem. If they don't show up in a reasonable amount of time, call housekeeping.

We find the walk between Kidani and Jambo relaxing and we always walk, never take the tram. Like someone else said, walk in the hallway until you get to Zazu Elevator, take that down and then take the walkway to Jambo.

Most of the parking is under the building. Four of the elevators go all the way down to the parking area. These elevators have names (Rafiki, Zazu, etc.) When you check in, ask them which elevator is closest to your room. When you park your car in the under-building parking you will see signs with the names of the elevators so that you can park near the one closest to your room.

DisneyRegulars said:
Yeah! Questions I can actually answer! Well some of them anyways. We were just at kidani in january.
1. You can walk to jambo house, it takes about 10 minutes, buy I don't recommend it. It is really hot as there is no shade on the walk

it was hot in january? we went in december and the walk was enjoyable.

January weather can be all over the place. We have been when we've absolutely froze, and we've been in January when it's been very temperate. It probably won't be hot in January, so walking should be doable.

We were also there in September and it was outrageously hot to walk. I was walking from Jambo house to Kidani and didn't know how to walk inside the buildings some of the way, so I went lobby to lobby. Also, it may have just been that I forgot my sunglasses and it was also really bright. In January the weather was cooler and the walk would have been fine. My son also really loved taking the van service because he got to wear a seat belt which he thought was pretty awesome since he is always in a car seat at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter