Kidani Savanna Choice?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
When you book a Savanna View Studio at Kidani, do you get to choose which savanna (Sunset or Pembe) or is it just a request?

DisneyStarWisher said:
When you book a Savanna View Studio at Kidani, do you get to choose which savanna (Sunset or Pembe) or is it just a request?

It's a request.

What is the difference in the two? Different animals?
Pembe is much smaller so it has smaller animals, no giraffes or zebras for example. It does have a couple of okapi, some hornbills and red river hogs that you will not see on the Sunset Savanna.

Sorry to hijack but is this the same for Kidani? 2 different size savannahs?

Sorry to hijack but is this the same for Kidani? 2 different size savannahs?
I'm confused by your question. The information in this thread is about the savannas at Kidani.

Did you mean Jambo House? It has three savannas: Sunset (between Jambo House and Kidani), Arusha (in the middle of Jambo) and Uzima (on the pool side of Jambo). They are all large savannas and I believe they all have giraffes and zebras plus many other animals.

I'm confused by your question. The information in this thread is about the savannas at Kidani.

Did you mean Jambo House? It has three savannas: Sunset (between Jambo House and Kidani), Arusha (in the middle of Jambo) and Uzima (on the pool side of Jambo). They are all large savannas and I believe they all have giraffes and zebras plus many other animals.

Sorry, I completely misread! Never mind, question answered :) Thanks!

Can one make this request at check-in or should one put this request in ahead of time?? We are staying at Kidani Village via a DVC Rental (Thru David's site) in December but I would definitely want to overlook the Sunset Savanna to see zebras and giraffes for my son.

Can one make this request at check-in or should one put this request in ahead of time?? We are staying at Kidani Village via a DVC Rental (Thru David's site) in December but I would definitely want to overlook the Sunset Savanna to see zebras and giraffes for my son.

You should be able to add that request during online checkin.

Members can add a request when they make the reservation over the phone, but it is unlikely that a renter would take the time to make another 3 way call for a view request.

I wouldn't worry too much. A big majority of the savannah view rooms are Sunset view. (Half of the Pembe side is parking lot standard view category, and another 1/4 is pool view standard category) But if you do wind up on Pembe, the Okapi are the Giraffes cousin, but have the stripes of a zebra on their lower half, with a longer neck than a zebra. You eoundup also get the red river hogs, which many people say are the most entertaining savannah animals.

If you want Sunset, ask the member to request it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter