Kidani Village

I'd love to know this too. We're thinking of staying at Kidani in Feb with a 1 year old and 4 year old in a 1bedroom Savannah View and will be using quick service frequently.
What should I request to hopefully be close to Jambo house?

Thanks!

To have the shortest walk to Jambo from Kidani request close to the Zazu elevator. It is the one that is two building units from the end of the south wing which is the wing that runs toward Jambo. You take that elevator to ground floor parking lot, walk out to sidewalk and over to Jambo.

Be aware, however, that you are still going to be a little more than a 1/4 mile from the Jambo front door. Also, rooms near Zazu are a long walk to the lobby and even longer (more than 1/4 mile) to the Kidani pool. You won't be too far from the bus stop which is on the south wing somewhat from the lobby.

Here's how to fix the long walks at Kidani. Quiet, fun, and beautiful views of the savannahs!

(Note: pictured route includes a "Mountain View" instead of a "Savannah View". Use your imagination.)

800px-DisneylandSkyway.jpg

LMAO would be really funny to see people movers in the resort hallways . IDK about kidani but stay at Jambo next time . My room was 5024 it had a pool view and an elevator no one used right next to it . it was 100 feet from the main lobby .

Sounds like you just got lucky. The best DVC resort for a short walk is probably BCV.

That's what I'm most concerned about-the long walks that everyone talks about. DS wants to stay there with his family next year because he's sure the kids would love the animals. However, when it was just DS and DDIL several years ago, they stayed at BWV and he's STILL complaining about the long hallways there. If you rent a car, is it at least a short walk from any 2 BR to the parking garage? And if you're going to the pool from down near the Jambo end, isn't that a super-duper long walk? The kids will only be 2 and 4 yo, so we're really concerned about little legs walking.

Wow, I think the long walks at Kidani sound really bad. I thought the long walk at BCV was annoying, and from what I've read here, it's one of the shortest!

Here's another idea - what if Disney added elevated walkways from Kidani Village to Jambo house? One from the end of each loop to the main lobby area (basically, across the open end of each "horseshoe")? It wouldn't intrude much on the views of the savannahs, would provide a much quicker shortcut between Kidani and Jambo House, and would be a fun way to see more animals up close.

We stayed at kidani last week in 7731. Yes, the walk to the lobby was a little further than we would have liked, but in the plus side we were very close to an elevator that was right by the pool (gate behind Maji bar).
We walked to buses and community hall as well, and while kind of far we looked being close to the pool. We parked on arrival and never got in the car till we left so parking was no issue for us.
Great resort,.and we loved Sanaa. Never even went to Jambo house. The only complaint is, other than Sanaa there it's not much for dining options. Pool bar food service closes at 5, so unless you're eating in you're villa you'll have to go to Sanaa or travel to another resort or theme park.

I guess we're in the minority with loving the hallways being so long at Kidani. Those long hallways not only keep the all the Disney dinners and snacks off my scale when I get home, but we've always had super quiet stays by being so far away at the end of the hallways. We always ask to be as far away from the lobby as possible and usually get our request. Part of the reason we made Kidani one of our home resorts was because it's such a long resort. (OK, the animals didn't hurt making that decision either.) We also love being able to walk over to Jambo for the Mara.

We just came back from staying at VWL last month and were also lucky our "end of hallway" request was granted. Of course the hallways at VWL are zero comparison to the ones at Kidani, but we still enjoyed the extra walking and quietness. I love hearing that people make requests for rooms that are closer to the lobby. Thank you to those who do so as you make it easier for us to get our end of hallway request. :thumbsup2

I guess we're in the minority with loving the hallways being so long at Kidani. Those long hallways not only keep the all the Disney dinners and snacks off my scale when I get home, but we've always had super quiet stays by being so far away at the end of the hallways. We always ask to be as far away from the lobby as possible and usually get our request. Part of the reason we made Kidani one of our home resorts was because it's such a long resort. (OK, the animals didn't hurt making that decision either.) We also love being able to walk over to Jambo for the Mara.

We just came back from staying at VWL last month and were also lucky our "end of hallway" request was granted. Of course the hallways at VWL are zero comparison to the ones at Kidani, but we still enjoyed the extra walking and quietness. I love hearing that people make requests for rooms that are closer to the lobby. Thank you to those who do so as you make it easier for us to get our end of hallway request. :thumbsup2

I feel the same. It makes the walk to Jambo so easy, epically in the morning for breakfast! And then being able to walk all the eating we do at Disney is a plus!! It is so quiet at Kidani too.

We stayed in the last section at Kidani last May. We did a lot of walking; to the bus stop, to the pool, to the restaurant, etc. At the end of our stay, we notice we lost some weight. Even with all the snacking we did between meals, and we had Character Dining every day. We Loved it.

I'm one of the crazy ones that likes the walk and the quietness of Kidani. I do think though, that there could be a golf cart service to transport those that need it, similar to SSR.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the sidewalk to Jambo when we stayed last did not connect the whole way - it just got you to the driveway entrance and you still had to walk through where the cars pull up front. I remember not enjoying that when the kids were little. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong?

I think if I had little ones, I would request close to lobby so you were closer to the pool, busstop, and the groceries in the store. I can't imagine you'd eat at Mara everyday.

You're right about the walk way ending in front of the driveway of Jambo; if you have darting toddlers you might not like it, though I found there was always a lot if staff at Jambo ensuring safety outside.

We are staying at kidani the first time in June with our small kids and I plan on requesting near the lobby. My reasoning is that I do plan on heading to Jambo often but id prefer to have the option to take the shuttle. What if it's raining?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter