Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
xyzabc33 -

I love the clothes!!! Really cute!
That is awesome that she's getting to do that.

Castle, first let me say I am not trying to be mean or "blast you", but I think the people who voiced an opinion on the little girl with the runny nose are allowed to have an opinion. If the mom was reading here she would just have known that potential buyers were grossed out by the snot. No one said anything mean about her child, someone here actually took a moment to email her and make her aware of it. As far as having seen "awful outfits" posted here, perhaps you should just be honest and call them awful when they are posted, instead of acting they like are fabulous. I would be horrified if someone told me something I made was adorable if it was "awful". I think it is rude to dishonestly compliment something posted here or anywhere else. Are you really treating each other with respect if you are being less than honest?

And what did children with disabilities have to do with anything posted ANYWHERE in this thread? I have never seen anyone make fun of or make mean comments about a child with disabilities...I actually read your post to mean that pictures of disabled children have been posted here and everyone has said how cute they are, just to be nice...talk about bad taste. PLEASE feel free to correct me if I am WAY off base, but your entire post offended me and I am not sure why you felt compelled to post it. I also do not think that posting an HONEST opinion about a childs snotty nose makes anyone have less Disney spirit than you. If we cannot have opinions that differ what is the point of having a forum to talk about anything? Just my 2 cents.

Dena

Dena,
Since you didn't pm me, and wrote your feelings on the board, I will address you the same way.
I think everyone who ran to see that photo acted like a child, I was totally ashamed that people could even get fired up about something like this.
As for giving people false compliments, I don't. If I see something that I don't care for, I keep my mouth shut.
As I commented earlier, that we are all different, we have different families, and I think we should all respect that.
And I don't believe that this is my opinion alone, you would not believe the amount of PM's that I received, thanking me for saying something. Other's obviously felt the same way.
Like you said, it's an opinion, and I'm finished talking about it. I want to get back to sewing and see what everyone else is making.
Thanks for your opinion, but I'm done discussing this...
I have bigger issues...Like what are my two dd's wearing on our vacation that is a month away...:eek:

xyzabc33 -

I love the clothes!!! Really cute!
That is awesome that she's getting to do that.

I really like them too. I just wish they were in my size. SIIINNCCCEE I have an in there..:rolleyes1 I suggested to her to get bigger sizes. :lmao: Her response.."they are for young people, not old ppl" HMMPPFF..:rolleyes: My counter back to her...there are fat young ppl too you know....:rotfl: I am very proud of her. At least she wont ask me to kick in for her phone bill anymore since she makes more then us...:rotfl2:

I would love to make something with that little doll with the guitar for the munchkin. Oh I suggested the kids clothes too, just leave off the "hooker" part...:rotfl:

I had to quit looking & take a time-out for church!

Regarding my newfound quest for the princess toile -

Originally by glorib - I bought mine last week at Hobby Lobby, but there sure wasn't much and I bought all of it. - I have, however, seen some on ebay - a search for princess toile should bring it up! Good luck!

Originally by bengalbelle - I'm pretty sure I saw the purple toile princess fabric at Walmart not too long ago. I love those dresses!!

Thanks! First thing, tomorrow, I'm off to Hobby Lobby & Walmart!

Originally by Alikat99 - For anyone looking for the purple princess toile, I found it on a website. She has it for $8.95/yard, so not a bargain, but if you want it, she has it. She has some other Disney prints too.

Thank you! If I can't find it at either Hobby Lobby or Walmart, I'll just convince DH that I *have* to order it from either this site or I also found some on ebay! ;)

Originally by Alikat99 - It's not the greatest picture, but here's a picture of the dress that my mom made for the girls out of that purple princess toile. She put a purple collar and purple band at the bottom.

Those dresses are darling - as are your daughters!

DD will be 8 when we go next June (she'll have turned 8 in January), so, if I don't find/get a pattern similar to your daughters' dresses, I'm thinking maybe a simple sundress... something that she can wear for the whole day, but still look princessy at our lunch. I absolutely adore your daughters' dresses, but I'm wondering if DD would need something that looks a bit older... hmmm... not sure since she wears dresses like the ones you posted of your daughters to church...)

Do you experts (I'm in awe at your talents!) think something like that will look okay? Or, does anyone have any ideas/pics of a sundress that would look right for an 8 1/2 year old? She's a very girly girl & loves pretty, princessy things.

Oh, and LadyRob! I *love* your latest Minnie outfit! Smashingly cute!

OK...I need a nudge! (actually a push) to get some of the million projects I need done finished. HELP! LOL

Okay, we are driving home from Dallas right now and I had to let you ladies know how good I am feeling. Yesterday my girls were wearing outfits that I made (oldest a twirl skirt and youngest a pillowcase dress) and this man in the hotel lobby said, "Nice outfits! They look so cute." He even showed his wife! I was beaming! Then today at my neice's b-day party my youngest was wearing a patchwork twirl that I finished right before we left and several people said how cute it was. I felt so proud to say I made it. I can't wait to get home and start sewing and I will get my DH to help me post pictures.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your help and creative designs!
:dance3:

I had to quit looking & take a time-out for church!

Regarding my newfound quest for the princess toile -

Thanks! First thing, tomorrow, I'm off to Hobby Lobby & Walmart!

Thank you! If I can't find it at either Hobby Lobby or Walmart, I'll just convince DH that I *have* to order it from either this site or I also found some on ebay! ;)

Those dresses are darling - as are your daughters!

DD will be 8 when we go next June (she'll have turned 8 in January), so, if I don't find/get a pattern similar to your daughters' dresses, I'm thinking maybe a simple sundress... something that she can wear for the whole day, but still look princessy at our lunch. I absolutely adore your daughters' dresses, but I'm wondering if DD would need something that looks a bit older... hmmm... not sure since she wears dresses like the ones you posted of your daughters to church...)

Do you experts (I'm in awe at your talents!) think something like that will look okay? Or, does anyone have any ideas/pics of a sundress that would look right for an 8 1/2 year old? She's a very girly girl & loves pretty, princessy things.

Oh, and LadyRob! I *love* your latest Minnie outfit! Smashingly cute!

How about something like the turquoise halter dress here? http://www.orientexpressed.com/

Castle, would you please pm me if that adorable skirt goes on ebay? (pink/black). Where did you find the pink Mickey fabric? I think it's unique and have never seen it before.

Dena,
Since you didn't pm me, and wrote your feelings on the board, I will address you the same way.
I think everyone who ran to see that photo acted like a child, I was totally ashamed that people could even get fired up about something like this.
As for giving people false compliments, I don't. If I see something that I don't care for, I keep my mouth shut.
As I commented earlier, that we are all different, we have different families, and I think we should all respect that.
And I don't believe that this is my opinion alone, you would not believe the amount of PM's that I received, thanking me for saying something. Other's obviously felt the same way.
Like you said, it's an opinion, and I'm finished talking about it. I want to get back to sewing and see what everyone else is making.
Thanks for your opinion, but I'm done discussing this...
I have bigger issues...Like what are my two dd's wearing on our vacation that is a month away...:eek:

I replied to the post because that is where your reply was, and I clearly stated that I was not trying to "blast" you, nor am I "fired up". I think if you had stated what is in bold above no one here would have had an issue with your post. Bringing unrelated issues about awful outfits and disabled children offended me, simply voicing my opinion. Sew on!

Dena

Castle, would you please pm me if that adorable skirt goes on ebay? (pink/black). Where did you find the pink Mickey fabric? I think it's unique and have never seen it before.

Walmart has it...I had to control myself from purchasing some myself. :lmao:

Don't worry about DH. Sometimes we need things, and we need them now. Get it while you can, cuz you may not get another opportunity.

Okay ladies, here is the next item in my Knock-Off Boutique. :rolleyes1 The original was posted by obsessedwiththemouse. I have to give a big thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs but that is my next challenge. I plan to brainstorm tomorrow while I tackle that 12 hour shift.

The Minnie ears look a little warped in the picture but that's just how the dress is hanging. I wish I could post pics of DD in the outfit but I've promised DH I would not post pics of the kids anymore.

minnie001.jpg

LadyRob, that is so cute! You did awesome! It looks so much like the original. Here's the original to compare it to, for those who haven't seen it!

100_0564.jpg

I already know I'm going to get blasted, so here goes. You know, I really used to enjoy this thread but I don't any longer. It seems people are very rude and judgemental. It was so nice comparing photos and tips, and it seems that one person came along and now I don't care to read the posts anymore. There have been photos on this thread of awful outfits, children with disabilities, and many other things. We have all been kind to each other, and treated each other with respect, until recently. What is going on, you guys? Who really cares if this poor child has something on her face? Gosh, am I the only one, who is more turned off by the adult conversation on this board, than going looking for some poor little girl with something on her face.

I agree 100% with you. When the snot photo issue came up, it seemed that the thread really want by the wayside and I found myself deleting the email notifications because it (the snot topic) seemed to take over the thread. Hopefully we can all get back into sharing our sewing tips and looking at each others wonderful work-and our cute kids! ::yes:: I see I've missed many many pages of posts now and I'm hoping that there are some cute creations to peek at and inspire me!

Walmart has it...I had to control myself from purchasing some myself. :lmao:

Looks like a trip to Walmart is on the horizon tomorrow. Wow...since I joined the Dis I am spending more and more money. My DH is ready to cut off my internet access! :rotfl:

Does anyone know how I could get my hands on some JoJo appliques? Maybe patches? Something I can sew or iron onto an outfit. I absolutely love the JoJo outfit from a few weeks ago that was on ebay, the one that was around $300. Way too pricey for me but I met someone through ebay that has made me a few outfits and I asked her to create pretty much the same outfit Tink posted that she wasn't happy with. Except I picked all the fabrics and sent it to her. I think the thing with Tink's is that JoJo is bright vibrant maybe even neon-ish colors. Not reds and dark purples, rich colors like that. I love the style of that outfit and that's almost exactly what's being created for me but in oranges, yellows, bright greens, etc. But as of right now my outfit will have nothing that makes it "JoJo". I am really wanting the circus tent, JoJo & Goliath. Any ideas? I have searched and searched on ebay and come up with nothing. Does anyone make these? Please PM me if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter