• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids meals vs adult meals

dkmulder

Mouseketeer
i see on a lot of the menus there are the same/similar food options for kids meals as adult meals (satuli’s bowls, Fish tacos and burgers at Poly QS). I’m not a big eater and think the kids meals are an incredible value. I’m really wondering if a turkey sandwich, for example, offered on both menus would be the same but smaller or if it’s prepared differently, a ‘dumbed down’ version for kids meals. Anyone know of any restaurants, particularly QS, that offers the same food for the kids meals as they do adult meals, just smaller portions?

Katsura Grill in Japan has a very small chicken teriyaki kids meal. Comes with a soft drink too.

It used to be a much better deal, but then the price basically doubled. Now it's not much less than an adult meal, so we tend to share more meals.

I do find, though, that the kids' portion is enough for me. I am used to a Lean Cuisine for lunch, though, and it's roughly the same amount.

At Woody’s Lunchbox, several of the kids meals are just half the adult portion (s’mores French toast, turkey sandwich, grilled cheese, etc.), plus they come with drink and two sides.

At Woody’s Lunchbox, several of the kids meals are just half the adult portion (s’mores French toast, turkey sandwich, grilled cheese, etc.), plus they come with drink and two sides.
Good to know! I love that the kids meals come with two sides and a drink - such a good value.

Katsura Grill in Japan has a very small chicken teriyaki kids meal. Comes with a soft drink too.

It used to be a much better deal, but then the price basically doubled. Now it's not much less than an adult meal, so we tend to share more meals.

I do find, though, that the kids' portion is enough for me. I am used to a Lean Cuisine for lunch, though, and it's roughly the same amount.

That’s what I’m wondering as well, if it would be more economical to share an adult meal with my three year old daughter or get two kids meals. I imagine it’s going to be a mix of the two.

we often do kids meals at the food courts, love those where it is just a smaller quantity of the adult entrees. However sometimes it just isn’t enough food, usually more so for the breakfasts. We also like the milk and fruit that comes with it. Some of the kids meals, especially in the parks have what I consider some strange sounding items. No thanks!

FYI the turkey sandwich (or whatever one it is) at the Poly on gold fish bread and I personally don’t like that.

Kids meals come with 2 sides and a drink and filled up my kids (17, 14 and 12) when they ordered them.

FYI the turkey sandwich (or whatever one it is) at the Poly on gold fish bread and I personally don’t like that.

Kids meals come with 2 sides and a drink and filled up my kids (17, 14 and 12) when they ordered them.
Good to know... I will not be eating the kids turkey sandwich at the Poly

Oh and if you are staying at the BC they had these huge sandwiches in the marketplace already made. Ok I think they were big. And they were $8+. DH and I split one! They were pretty good! We got turkey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter