• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids races

RedStars

DIS Veteran
We're heading down for the SW dark side race weekend and I signed the kids (ages 4 and 7) up for the kids races.
The time is listed as 1130, but I was wondering if that's for all races or do they typically stagger them?

I'm trying to figure out logistics because I'm running the 10K that morning. We're staying at AKL and I was hoping to get back to the hotel and shower before we had to catch the bus for the kids races.

Also, how late do the kids races usually run?
I'm trying to figure out if we'll go back to our hotel after or if we should just go straight to Epcot.

We're heading down for the SW dark side race weekend and I signed the kids (ages 4 and 7) up for the kids races.
The time is listed as 1130, but I was wondering if that's for all races or do they typically stagger them?

I'm trying to figure out logistics because I'm running the 10K that morning. We're staying at AKL and I was hoping to get back to the hotel and shower before we had to catch the bus for the kids races.
Each race starts at a different time. The smaller races go first and they get larger as they go on. The Micky mile is last for example. My sister did the Mickey mile in January it started at 12:30 and we were done by probably 12:50 with the actual race but we didn't leave the WWoS right away. That 11:30 time should be for that race that they are registered for only.

We are also heading down for SW race. My husband is doing the challenge and we signed our 3 kids (2, 3, and 5) up for the kids races. I'm not used to not knowing exactly how everything will work...but hey...it's something new for us at Disney right? I'm also curious how long it will take, I can't find any trip reports with kids races in them (non-Mickey Mile).

We are also heading down for SW race. My husband is doing the challenge and we signed our 3 kids (2, 3, and 5) up for the kids races. I'm not used to not knowing exactly how everything will work...but hey...it's something new for us at Disney right? I'm also curious how long it will take, I can't find any trip reports with kids races in them (non-Mickey Mile).

The race itself once you get a time will take no time at all. However, ESPN is where adult races will finish and where kids races will be held. so plan for traffic! So if you are in charge of getting the kids to ESPN on the day they are running take Disney transportation and be prepared to sit waiting to get into ESPN. I would not drive but if you have to also be prepared to walk with the kiddos as the parking lot is huge and often ill managed.

Also full schedule for kid's races came out today so here is the break down for those wondering:

10:30am ESPN opens for warm ups

11:20 100m Dash 1-3 year olds meet

11:30 Dash starts

11:40 200m Dash 4-6 year olds meet

11:50 Dash stars

12:00pm 400m Dash 7-8 year olds meet

12:10 400m Dash starts

12:40 Diaper Dash

12:45 Mickey Mile runners meet

1 Mickey Mile starts

How fast do the kids races sell out? I'm planning on signing up for next year's Dopey, and was thinking of signing our future son up for the diaper dash. Will the kids race sell out before I can get my registration done? Should my wife think about doing his while I do my registration or should I have time to do one after the other? The priority is getting me registered as it will be a competition with my brother who's also planning to run, but we thought having DS do the diaper dash could be fun.

How fast do the kids races sell out? I'm planning on signing up for next year's Dopey, and was thinking of signing our future son up for the diaper dash. Will the kids race sell out before I can get my registration done? Should my wife think about doing his while I do my registration or should I have time to do one after the other? The priority is getting me registered as it will be a competition with my brother who's also planning to run, but we thought having DS do the diaper dash could be fun.

I have done the Dopey signup and Kids race signup the past two years without problem. I think the Kids race sells out in over 30 min so you should probably be safe. Last year I signed up: Dopey, 2 halfs, 2 5Ks, and a Kids Race all before selling out. But it doesn't hurt to be super safe and have your wife do the Kids race if it saves some stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter