• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kindani standard studio location?

DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
Hi there! Hoping someone can help me out. In the process of renting points at AKV Kindani Village. Booking a standard studio. We have only ever stayed at Jambo House so I am looking for suggestions on room locations to request. Basically I am really only wanting to be close to the buses and pool.

Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

The bus stop and the pool are at opposite ends of the Kidani lobby, so you will need to choose which is most important to you. We have had standard view rooms twice, and I would recommend requesting pool view. We had a pool view standard in 2011 and ended up being right on the edge of the Pembe savanna. With our other standard view, we were facing the bus stop . . . not much of a view and we could hear the beeping of the buses when they were "kneeling" or loading someone with a mobility device, even with the doors closed.

Close to the lobby is good advice, but I would add pool view.

Thank you both for your advice! If I were to request pool view, how far is that from the lobby just out of curiousity? Basically I just don't want to be all the way at the end of either of the buildings. Also it is just my 11 year old son and I going. In the mornings I'd like to leave him sleep in the room while I run to grab coffee at the gift shop but don't want to me gone more then 10 mins top. Also what time does the gift shop open in the morning to refill drinks and such? Can you refill your mugs at the pool? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. I got thrown for a loop when Kindani was the only thing available at AKL. I'm used to Jambo house! :)

Thank you both for your advice! If I were to request pool view, how far is that from the lobby just out of curiousity? Basically I just don't want to be all the way at the end of either of the buildings. Also it is just my 11 year old son and I going. In the mornings I'd like to leave him sleep in the room while I run to grab coffee at the gift shop but don't want to me gone more then 10 mins top. Also what time does the gift shop open in the morning to refill drinks and such? Can you refill your mugs at the pool? Thanks and sorry for all the questions. I got thrown for a loop when Kindani was the only thing available at AKL. I'm used to Jambo house! :)

We have not done the refillable mugs at Kidani, but I am pretty sure I have seen a fill station at the pool bar. I believe the gift shop opens at 7 or 7:30.

The rooms with a pool view are about halfway down the hall. Actually, requesting close to the lobby on either end makes it fairly easy to get to the pool, since you have to go through the lobby anyway. We just liked the pool view because we could see the end of the Pembe savanna.

We were pretty far from the lobby ....standard view, but had a view of the front savannah that wraps around past the pool area. We saw so many animals ....it was great. Not too far from the pool....I am trying to remember which section.....Timon or Raifki....I would have to look at the map.
My boys are older so we did not mind the walk. We did not make any special request....lucked out with a great view...

:)

We have not done the refillable mugs at Kidani, but I am pretty sure I have seen a fill station at the pool bar. I believe the gift shop opens at 7 or 7:30.

The rooms with a pool view are about halfway down the hall. Actually, requesting close to the lobby on either end makes it fairly easy to get to the pool, since you have to go through the lobby anyway. We just liked the pool view because we could see the end of the Pembe savanna.

Thanks so much for the info. One more question. I am so sorry... So for this stay at Kindani, we are renting points. My question is this. Is it possible to get park passes added to our KTTW card at check in? If so how is the easiest way to do this? Just buy the passes when we check in?

Yes you can have them added but not by the CM at check in. You need to go to guest services.

No need to go through the lobby if your room is on the side with the pool - simply take the elevator down to the garage and walk to the back entrance to the pool. Much faster in my opinion, although themed to look like a parking garage.

No need to go through the lobby if your room is on the side with the pool - simply take the elevator down to the garage and walk to the back entrance to the pool. Much faster in my opinion, although themed to look like a parking garage.

Thanks for the info. One thing that has be confused when I look at the map Kindani, it looks like you have to walk thru a parking lot to get there? Also seems like the pool area is far for the lobby.

Thanks for the info. One thing that has be confused when I look at the map Kindani, it looks like you have to walk thru a parking lot to get there? Also seems like the pool area is far for the lobby.

You do. The pool is across the parking lot from the building.

You know you can make your own coffee in your villa, right? You'll have a Mr Coffee basket filter type in your villa.

You do. The pool is across the parking lot from the building.

You know you can make your own coffee in your villa, right? You'll have a Mr Coffee basket filter type in your villa.

Thanks for the info. Do you like Kindani? Have you stayed there before?

Haven't stayed there. When it first opened we did not like the looks of the resort as you drive up, looked prison-like to us. We went back to visit the resort last month when we were at VWL and thought it is growing up nicely. We might book a stay there in the future. But we'd get a savanna view for sure.

Oh yeah, I remember doing that. The parking garage theming is spot on!:lmao:

We love Kidani (as you may have guessed from my username). The lobby and gift shop are much, MUCH, smaller than Jambo and there is no counter service restaurant (which is a turn off for many). Many people like the grandeur and big feel of the Jambo lobby, but we find it to be noisy and chaotic. We like the quiet, unassuming lobby at Kidani and all of the viewing areas. I do wish the gift shop were a little bigger, but it is easy to go over to Jambo. We love that the park buses stop at Kidani first. The pool area and slide are great. If you have an adventurous palate, you should definitely try dinner at Sanaa. You can find several Jambo vs Kidani threads to see more of the various likes/dislikes . . . there is thread about this almost every 2-3 weeks.

I agree with Deb, the savanna view rooms are the real attraction to staying at AKV, but our standard view rooms worked out fine for our purposes, since we tend to not spend a lot of time in the room. The viewing areas near the lobby provide ample opportunities for animal viewing.

There are two ways to get to the pool. 1) You can exit through any of the exit doors on the second floor and follow the walkway over to the pool. You will not cross a parking lot in that case. 2) If you have a room near the pool area, you can take the elevator that is closest to the pool down to the parking garage, cross the small outdoor parking lot and walk up the walkway to the pool.

Also, it's KIDANI Village not KINDANI (only one "N").

I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter