Kingdom Keepers

yes, love it, love it, love it! And will never ever look at IASW the same way again. Actually makes the ride more fun! Was a quick read though, I was so engrossed that I got done with it in no time and I wanted more!

I have been trying to get my hands on the 2nd one thru our library forever but its always checked out. I think I'll look around online now and see if I can find it cheap.

No, but my DD 11 loves these books. Maybe they will make it into a movie.

I love it too . . .just started book 3. I think I like the 1st book the best so far - probably because all of the action happens in the MK.

Picked up the first book after rave reviews here.. didn't like it. The things in the book were too fanatical to actually occur so I had a hard time imagining them. It was also obviously written towards a younger reader so it wasn't very intellectually stimulating. I know it's a children's book, but I was hoping it would get better and it never did.

I read Kingdom Keepers. I thought it was well written until the end. I thought the ending was lame. Maybe, it ended that way because they authors knew they would be writing a sequel. I bought the second in the series, but have yet to start reading it.

I must say that there are some things in Kingdom Keepers that might be a little scary for very young children.

Absolutely!! :thumbsup2 I agree with the PP who said the books make you look at Disney differently (but in a good way!) I've only read the first two but definately plan to read the 3rd as soon as it comes in (I have it on reserve at my local library).

I read them to review them prior to offering them to my 7yr old dd and althought they were a quick and fairly entertaining read I choose not to allow my 7yr old to read them yet. She still believes in all of the "magic" of the world and I felt that the book would take some of it away and also many areas of the book would be frightening to her as she has a VERY active imagination.

I have book 3 now and it is a slow read for me, I feel like it is a sequal for the sake of a sequal.:confused3

Just finished the first book and started on the 2nd. They are a nice read, especially for Disney fans. DW just started the first one. We will be at WDW in 4 days, I will be looking at the castle closer this time;)

I have read one and two and I also thought they were enjoyable but a very quick read. I agree with the PP about IASW, I know I will be keeping all my body parts well within the boat next time I ride. I did think the books felt a bit rushed, as if the author was trying to include as much Disney as possible. I have the third book, just have to find time to sit down and read it.

I read them all, the 3rd one I read in 3 days. I love all books with aventure, like HP. ANd this one happened in my fave place on earth WDW. You will never see, IASM or Test Track or Maelstorm or go into One Man's Dream, the same way again. It gives you a different perspective and I'm just dying to see Malificent during MNSSHP and tell her to stop being such a mean Overtaker ;)

I've read the first and second - and I'm "in line" (behind 14 people!) for the third at the library. I thought they were okay.

Still looking for the mysterious Orlando yarn shop and free wifi in all the parks mentioned in the second book. :D

I teach Language Arts and Literature in middle school and read a lot (and I mean a lot!) of young adult books. I liked this one but it wasn't one of my favorites. Don't know why- just didn't grab me like some other books can. I plan to read the other ones but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I really like the books. I've read the first two and I'm almost done with the 3rd. It's just a good, fun read! Yes, they are a little farfetched, but that's OK, it is fiction after all!

I absolutely loved the first 2 and am about to start the 3rd. Had to wait for DS11 to finish. DW is on 2 and DD8 just started 1.

I just finished the 3rd book and I did enjoy all three alot. I think it helps to be a disney fan to enjoy them.
I did try to get my grandson to read them, he is 10, but he is reading the Last Olympian series now and forget anything else right now. I will try again since I do think he will like them
I do agree that these books could be scarry for a younger kid, 10 or older should enjoy them.

I'm hoping for book 4!

Bev

I couldn't really get through the first one. I have nothing against kids series, I've read and enjoyed Percy Jackson and the new Peter Pan books. Just really couldn't get into this one, even though it was about Disney.

I've moved this thread to the Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter