Knives in full kitchen?

lorenni

DIS Veteran
Is there a decent chef knife in the kitchen? My experience with the kitchens at other DVC would be NOPE, but figured I would check before adding a chef knife to my packing list.

We do prepare a lot of food in the room, and I’m planning to stock up on fruit and veggies at one of the local farmers markets right when we arrive. I definitely don’t want to be chopping it all up with a steak knife...

Bonus point if you can tell me what kind of basket the coffee pots have. It is the flat one like the Florida DVCs?

Thanks!

I wasn't nearly as good as my own but it was acceptable.

IIRC the coffee make used a basket-style filter not a cone.

I always take my own knife. I make a hard cardboard cover for it and usually just pop it into a large ziplock with a small cutting board.

We just got back and there was not a decent knife in our kitchen, just some steak knives and a very dull paring-type knife. I would definitely pack one!
Not sure about the coffee filter because DH made it every morning. I think there may have been pods?

Just returned. Two knives. One a long blade bread slicing knife. The second a rubber handle standard cutting knife. Worked fine for chopping pineapples, avocado, limes.. in addition there’s I think 6-8 pointed steak knives and 6-8 bread knives. They all get the job done but they are not top quality.

Coffee maker takes the standard flat bottom filters.

Kitchen was smaller than I anticipated. We did quite a bit of cooking. Appliances are functional but not quite like home. Glass top stove, loud dishwasher, not that roomy- kinda a one person setup. If someone else wants to use the sink... they are in the way of food preparation. Certainly not complaining and it was really nice to have the full kitchen, but it was a bit on the basic side for someone used to having all the space and gadgets and decent appliances of a typical home of someone who loves to cook. Just an adjustment if you’re used to having gas appliances, dishwasher, washer and dryer that doesn’t make noise...

We ate most breakfast and dinners in the room. Was able to eat healthy and Saved a ton by doing Costco and local fruit/veggies.

Loved the resort and didn’t have a single complaint. Staff awesome. A very easy way to spend quality family time together. Have a wonderful vacation!

I think there may have been pods?

I suppose it's possible they could take the large multi-cup pods but I know it used a filter because we bought a pound of coffee from Costco that we had them grind and our friends brought filters. And after the first day I was in charge of making the second pot since neither DH nor one of our friends could get the proportions quite right (I never made the first pot since I was still sleeping and needed that first cup to have the ability to make the second pot, right proportions notwithstanding).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter