Kristi and Brian's Wedding **New Plans!**

I'm so behind! I am so sorry you had to go through so much with your dress that must have been such a helpless feeling, but I'm glad everything worked out! :cheer2: Your new dress is so beautiful, So maybe all the blah feelings were worth it!

I'm so behind! I am so sorry you had to go through so much with your dress that must have been such a helpless feeling, but I'm glad everything worked out! :cheer2: Your new dress is so beautiful, So maybe all the blah feelings were worth it!

Thank you!! I'm just glad I wasn't being "that crazy bride" and the manager agreed that there was something wrong with the old dress. I think now my blah feelings have turned into anxiety about the wedding and everything. I don't even wanna think about how I'm going to feel when it's even closer!

So I know Im waaaayyy late, but I LOVE the dress! Its beautiful and I think will fit in with the overall feel of your wedding perfectly! I cant wait to see you in it! :) Gorgeous!

Just a few updates for today :)

I got my dessert party booked for 09/29! This was such a headache! It booked up for 2 people the same day they were released for every single day the last week in September. I was getting sooooo upset, as this was something I REALLY wanted to do. But a very kind soul on the boards helped me get our reservations!! Yay!!

Brian and I worked on our cake design this weekend. We are going with It's Tasty Too. As everyone that has read my pj knows, I'm OBSESSED with vinylmations, so we are having a vinylmation cake!! It will be 2 tiers with images of our very favorite vinyls all around it.

And here's a pic of our topper, thanks to Jen!
caketopper.jpg

Now, since I'm in Louisiana I can't go for a tasting, so I need some help! These are the flavors they offer. I've actually never even been to a tasting. Can you tell me what you'd recommend???

Cake Flavors

Almond
Amaretto
Chocolate
Cinnamon Butter
Coconut
Funfetti
Orange
Marble
Peanut Butter
Pistachio
Red Velvet
Rum
Strawberry
Vanilla

Fillings
Raspberry
Cream Cheese
Pineapple
Strawberry
German Chocolate
Carmel
Coconut
Vanilla Cream
Chocolate Cream
Amaretto Cream
Boston Cream
Cherry
Blueberry
Vanilla Buttercream
Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Buttercream
Other flavors available upon request.

Oh and here's a hanger Lacey made for me!!! Thanks love!!!!
hanger.jpg

And I've decided on a hairstyle! My hair is this color so it'll look alot like this:
haircu.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should put anything in my hair?? If so, I'm not sure what??

Oh hey, I LOVE your topper where did you get them!? =] <3

Here are my combinations that I like or would choose:

Amaretto with Caramel filling

Coconut with Pineapple Filling

Funfetti with Vanilla Cream

Peanut Butter with German Chocolate

Red Velvet with Cream Cheese

Rum with Raspberry filling

Yummy, now I'm hungry! :headache:

And the hairstyle looks fabulous! If I were you I'd do a simple haircomb of some sort in the back of it? Or fresh flowers. Very simple just adding a little bit of sparkle. Cause well, I love me some sparkle!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Your cake toppers turned out great!! Jen is so awesome to make those for you. :worship:

I wouldn't know where to go when I comes to flavors. I know red velvet and cream cheese together is always a good bet. Almond with cherry filling is supposed to be pretty good as well. Lemon with strawberry or raspberry filling would probably be my pick or orange with vanilla filling (creamsicle....yum!)

The cake topper is so cute! I can't wait to see your cake, it sounds really original. I don't know much about cake flavors but I'm a big fan of fruit fillings when they have real fruit (not just a syrupy liquid). Chocolate with strawberries sounds good to me. Maybe you can post in the main forum to see what kind of cakes others have tried from there? I know Joanne used them but I don't know what her flavors were.

I love the hair! I think it will look great with your dress. I agree that something simple like a comb with some jewels would look nice.

Kristi sweetie - Okay, so that topper is just too cute, and I love the hair inspiration photo!!!
As for cake flavours, we had carrot cake with cream cheese filling for the bottom tier (you can't go wrong with that) and coconut cake with pineapple filling for the top tier. Both were equally delicious!!! All of the top tier went on the actual day, as did some of the second tier. The carrot cake was still being eaten in our room 5 days later (we kept it in the fridge), and it kept really moist and was still gorgeous by the end of the week. We had to bin some of it, but only because we were flying home and couldn't take it with us. I am sure that if you were driving, you could still be eating it when you got home!!
Heather also made us a birthday cake for my friends daughter, whose birthday was two days after our VR. She had chocolate cake with bavarian creme filling. That, too, was scrummy!!! Can't fault Heather's cakes at all. They really taste as good as they look!!!
Heather told me that she was open to creating other flavours if we had something else in mind, so if you want something other than what is on the list, I am sure she would try to accommodate your wishes.
Here is a picture if the top layer after it had been cut, but it doesn't do justice to just how moist and delicious it was!!

2011_05120089.jpg

Gah! I LOVE the idea for your cake! It's going to be sooo cute. I can't wait to see which vinyls you choose to have on it. :D

And, I just have to say, cinnamon butter cake sounds AMAZING. I'm not really much help with cake flavors though--- no one in my family is fancy, so I can't choose any exotic flavors, but I get excited when other people do. :D

Oh my gosh, a whole vinylmation cake will be EPIC! Love the idea--I can't wait to see it! :lovestruc I also love those toppers...too cute. :goodvibes

I actually have that Carrie Underwood picture saved as one of my hair inspiration pics on my computer! I think that look is beautiful. I'm going for a hair trial next week. I'm adding a headband and a veil, but I think that style is pretty versatile so you could work in almost anything, or go with nothing added if you wanted.

I am glad you got the hanger :)

As far as the cake flavors go...we are having chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling for the top layer and marble with white chocolate mousse for the bottom layer. Since we didn't have a planning session I picked these without ever having tried them. :confused3

Oh I can't wait to see your cake! That sounds too cute! And I'm totally jealous that you can get rum cake-- that is probably my favorite cake ever, but we only have it during the holidays :santa: I have no idea what filling it would pair with though... maybe vanilla cream?

And I LOVE that hair, it's gorgeous. I would definitely put a little sparkle in it, maybe a clip or a comb right where the hair gathers in the back?

Oh hey, I LOVE your topper where did you get them!? =] <3

Here are my combinations that I like or would choose:

Amaretto with Caramel filling

Coconut with Pineapple Filling

Funfetti with Vanilla Cream

Peanut Butter with German Chocolate

Red Velvet with Cream Cheese

Rum with Raspberry filling

Yummy, now I'm hungry! :headache:

And the hairstyle looks fabulous! If I were you I'd do a simple haircomb of some sort in the back of it? Or fresh flowers. Very simple just adding a little bit of sparkle. Cause well, I love me some sparkle!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Hi! Sinced Its Tasty Too is where we got our grooms cake from, and we're local, I did a tasting there so maybe I can help.

Funfetti is my favorite cake, but unfortunately it wasn't my favorite of the flavors there. The red velvet with cream cheese was really good! I didn't try the amaretto with the caramel, but I tried them separately and they were both good. The Coconut with pnieapple tasted kinda like a pina colada. The peanut butter cake was good, but I didn't try it with the german chocolate filling. You didn't list it, but my best friend's favorite flavor combo (she went with me to the tasting) was the almond cake with amaretto filling. We ended up choosing Chocolate cake with German Chocolate filling and Strawberry Cake with Whipped Vanilla filling. Both of them were really good!

Hope that helped some!

Love the idea for your cake, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Also as a cake enthusiast it excites me when I see a wide variety of flavors and fillings.

If it were me I think I'd pick..

Coconut with German Chocolate

Chocolate with Raspberry

Ameretto with Chocolate Fudge

There are others I like but these three are my fave. I like to bake cakes at home and I like to experiment. :goodvibes

Your cake toppers are awesome, love them.

and I like your inspiration pic for your hair, I was thinking something similar but my hair isn't long enough and I agree with pp it will look amazing with your dress xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter