Kualoa Ranch

Captain Canada

Earning My Ears
We are staying in the North Shore the first half of our trip then heading to Aulani. I purchased the Go Card, I booked the catamaran boat tour and the movie tour at Kualoa Ranch for during our stay in the north shore. But I keep looking at the premier movie tour. Does anyone know if they will let me upgrade the movie tour to premier and pay the difference from what is included with the Go card. If I’m able to upgrade do you think it’s worth it? DH not much of a movie buff but would enjoy the upgraded ride. DS 8 loves Jurassic world and I would enjoy all of it. Wondering if they still talk about the history of the ranch and wondering if 2.5 hours feels really long? In two days I would like to do catamaran boat tour, one of the movie tours, Waimea Falls and tour the windward side of the island, but I want this trip to feel at a leisurely pace so trying not to over book us like I did for Disney World. Would you recommend catamaran boat tour for morning or afternoon (I’ve read people get wet on the boat so might be uncomfortable to go drive around Windward side of island afterwards). We can’t do the two ranch tours on the same day because of restrictions with the Go card. Thank you in advance.

I am going next month and we too had the tour at the ranch planned but ended up cancelling to do a Hawaii 5 O tour! However what I read YES you can upgrade to the VIP tour from your card. You need to call them but yes you can. I would definately think it is worth it. I have read a lot of positive on it - AC bus too vs. old school bus. Something I wasn't too crazy about was seeing a fair bit of movie sites we just aren't familiar with. We are huge JP fans but at the end of the day, I felt the 5 0 tour was a better fit and ziplining at climbworks we booked as well. That looks awesome.

Not sure about the movie tour as we just did the regular one but we did the catamaran ride and I can't really see how you would get wet unless its raining. We never got a drop on us the entire time.

Not sure about the movie tour as we just did the regular one but we did the catamaran ride and I can't really see how you would get wet unless its raining. We never got a drop on us the entire time.

Ok good to know thank you. What time of day did you go, how was the temperature? Also wondering what to wear. Thanks

Ok good to know thank you. What time of day did you go, how was the temperature? Also wondering what to wear. Thanks

We went first thing in the morning (we are from Ontario so to us first thing in the morning feels like the afternoon due to jet lag), the temperature is always about the same, mid to low 80s. We wore shorts and T shirts.

We did the catamaran ride and got totally soaked but we stood up in the front and had swimsuits and coverups on. You could totally stay dry by going up top or farther back in the boat.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter