• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

L&M has REALLY low rates on Orbitz.com!!

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
I know that some people had a bad experience with L&M but many also have had good ones so I thought I'd pass along my discovery this evening.

Over at www.orbitz.com the prices are as follows for most months:

Economy - $64.95
Compact - $69.95
Midsize - $74.95
Full size - $99.95
Premium - 124.95
Luxury - $149.95
SUV - $149.95
Van - $179.95
Convertable - $199.95

I could NOT get these rates at their website, only at Orbitz.

I tried to get these prices on orbitz, when I tried to confirmm it told me that this rate was no longer available. I ended up going with Dollar for a mini van in Aug. I got it for $225 plus fees for a week with the discount code from these boards.

Originally posted by Badger Brent
I tried to get these prices on orbitz, when I tried to confirmm it told me that this rate was no longer available. I ended up going with Dollar for a mini van in Aug. I got it for $225 plus fees for a week with the discount code from these boards.

Yes, the same thing happened to me for my trip in November but L&M doesn't book out more than 4 or 5 months I think.

When I changed the date to May, it worked. I didn't purchase, of course, but I got all the way to the end right before I hit purchase (and submit my CC).

It's worth another try for anyone traveling in the next 4 months or so because that's a GREAT price.

I've booked at these prices for L&M through Orbitz for a June trip, and found that I had a little trouble getting it to go through, but I think it was because of my expiration date on my credit card. My card expires Feb 2003, and the trip is June 2003. I just used a different credit card that expires later than June 2003 and booked it with no trouble. Perhaps this is what someone else has had happened when they try to actually book it.

I know the reviews on L&M appear to be mixed, but it sounds like it's OK as long as you bring your copy of your insurance verification, which was clearly stated on either the web-site or my confirmation email. Their other problem seems to be not having a vehicle in the size reserved... I've rented a full-size for 2 of us, so we'll be pretty flexible as to the exact vehicle. I was not quite confident enough to use them for another trip where there will be 6 of us and we definitely need a minivan, however. I booked my minivan through National instead. I'm saving around $90 over the course of 9 days on my full-size reservation, so it's worth it to me to take a bit of a chance with L&M.

I was able to get a reservation with the same price on Orbitz for Nov. by calling L & M directly. You will need to hold it with a credit card. My rate was 277.29 including taxes and fees for a 8 day minivan rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter