L&M just ripped me off!

Big V

DIS Veteran
I had a reservation that I had made on Dec. 28th through Travelocity for L&M from Feb. 13 to Feb.28. I was calling today confirming all my reservations and had no problems. Then tonight at 8:00 I got a call from Allison from L&M saying that I could not get a car from them as they were having problems with Ford delivering cars to them! They were offering me a free days rental for my inconvenience! What do I do? Every car rental company in Orlando is booked and the only thing I can find is Thrifty for about $500 a week and I had L&M booked for $93.50 for 10 days! HELP!

http://www.onetravel.com/index.cfm?...1B0&Token=NULL&Lang=English&Style=1&Modules=Y|Y|Y|Y|Y|Y|N|Y|Y|Y|Y|Y|Y& (If this doesnt work just type in Carwiz.com.

Sorry I dont know how to link - but I just checked the above site and it is telling me that there are cars available for the times you need. I did not go thru the whole process so maybe you shouldnt get your hopes up. The least expensive are sears and budget at $279 a week but its better than the Thrifty at $489!!!!

Hope I helped you .... that is a big BUMMER and RIPOFF!

Also try:

http://www.floridaticketsinc.com/dollar/index.htm

I have never used these places but have had them in my favorites.... the second one I actually have a reservation with for April but am cancelling it due to a better deal. Confirmation came back via email in about 3 days so you should call the phone number instead of emailing!

Good luck!

How is that a rip off? An awful thing, for sure. Did they offer an alternative? Like find you a rental somewhere else? Since this a confirmed rental I believe they have to do more than offer you a paltry one day free rental. I would call back and really press this issue.

They offered me nothing but a days rental. I asked them to do something, but all I got was a sorry. She did give me a name of a manager and a phone number I can call in the morning, but that's not helping me tonight when I can't sleep!

I owuld definately call back and speak with someone in charge. They have to have something for you!

I was thinking last night and the lady that called from L&M said that my reservation was for $89 a week, so I looked it up and that was the reservation I made through the L&M website that I cancelled in December because I got a better deal through Travelocity. So I call L&M's 800 number this morning to confirm my reservations and she asked me who I booked it through and after I told her it was through Travelocity she confirmed my reservation for tomorrow. We're going to take the chance that we will have a car there for us tomorrow and if they don't we'll raise a ruckus! Wish me luck guys! I'll let you know what happened when we get back!:rolleyes:

A reputable hotel will at times over book, and when they do they will arrange lodging for you at another local hotel of equal or greater quality and pay the difference between the two, plus add other perks. A reputable car rental company should do the same thing.

Anne

Hopefully this will work out for you Big V.....just imagine, in no time you'll be soaring down Splash Mountain!!!! Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter