Landscape vs portrait, can't read some text

DLM1980

Supreme Fraggle Extrodinaire!
This is in landscape mode and shows ok, notice where the tabs are for home, forums, members, dlm1980, inbox, alertsimage.jpg

Now look at those same tabs in portrait mode, because the navigation bar above doesn't resize properly it hides the tabs and makes them unreadable.

image.jpg

This problem occurs with desktop browsers too. I think the responsive dynamic layout change that kicks in when you reduce the page width to narrower than a certain number of pixels is kicking in too late.

This sort of layout style:
upload_2015-2-2_12-30-32.png

should get replaced by the narrower and more sparse version a little earlier as you reduce the page width:
upload_2015-2-2_12-31-12.png

Personally, I think there are probably too many separate and confusing bars of title/menu text at the top of pages anyway, and I would prefer some of the following seven lines (taking up 530 pixels before you even see the first actual message content) to be condensed:

1) DISboards header (right-hand 80% of screen is completely wasted)
2) News/Forums/Blog/Podcast/etc black bar
3) Categories (WDW, Cruise Line, Disneyland, etc) blue bar
4) Home/Forum/Members blue bar
5) Mark-Read/Watched-Items/New-Posts links light-blue bar
6) Google adsense banner
7) Forum tree breadcrumbs

Oh, and the forum tree breadcrumbs line sometimes has a minor bug in it too - the first instance of "Technical Support" below appears to be an extra #link which does not go anywhere useful:

upload_2015-2-2_12-45-24.png

Andre

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter