Laptop hookup away from home Question

CRB#33

<font color=red>Completing His Good Work!<br><font
My DD's laptop is connected to the Internet with a cable modem. When we go away to the Dolphin, I would like to be able to hook-up to the Internet with their dial-up.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I will need to do this and if I will need to reconfigure anything in the computer?

Thanks!

I'm not positive, but I believe you must have a dial up provider in order to dial up. When we switched to Cable and I dropped worldnet, they asked me if I wanted to keep the lowest level of dial up service, in case I lost my DSL. So I think you need to have it set up that way.

Thanks Dan and mickeyfan.

Dan does that mean I'll use the Dolphins ISP? All I'll need is a phone cord with a jack? Do I plug that in to the ethernet connection in the back of the laptop? How about reconfiguring? Do I do that while I'm there?

I'm a computer dunce, I think!;)

If they don't have high speed access yet, or if you ever travel somewhere that doesn't, you can get a thing like a calling card with Internet minutes. It comes with a CD so that you can install the dial up software. We got one from one of the big long distance carriers. I think it was MCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter