• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Large-ish family group -best way to plan?

Yesss I'm going to do that- have them email me,accept their friend thingy,and go from there.thanks! I haven;t yet thought about the partial thing..... what I'll likely do is pick a time period that I work with daily,and then let them figure out their own day after that...maybe....

We did a trip with 28 last year and it was incredible. Everyone is chomping at the bit to do it again. We did it like a senior trip and chose a park of the day. Everyone met up as little or as much as they wanted. We did Ohana and Hoop Dee Doo as group meals and there were some other subgroupings throughout the trip for meals. Met at the pool many nights in the evening.

I like the idea of planning a park of the day,and then we all get to decide how we want to tour that park separately. I have concerns about MDE (and why not,it's down again today,it's the pits) myDsis can still my every disney plan on HER acct,b/c we friended each other a few years back,and nothing I try seems to change that problem.

SO here's my general plan for now.... I started our own private FB group where I post pertinent info and polls to see what people like. We will get together next month anyway-where I will hammer out the MDE details with them all,and I will have them set up their accounts. (we all have our hotel res. in place,haha thanks to my nagging,I mean reminding them all to do it:rotfl:) I will friend them all,so I can access their fp+ allotments when the time comes(not till Feb. anyway) AT that point, we should have chosen our park for each day we plan to go in,along with our (probably just one) ADR together for the week. My group has asked me to create a sort of schedule to go by,so they don;t have to do much preplanning. I think it'll work fine, and if they end up choosing to miss a FP time, that's on them. my BIG concern is the Disney IT...... I'm REALLY hoping it works for this and doesn't screw it all up completely. (since I'm forced to use it,I'd use something else if given the choice)
ANy and all advice is appreciated....Thanks so much

I'm here with a group of 13 this week. Learned a ton... tag me to remind me and will be happy to share.
Carrie, I'd love to hear your tips. I'll be going with a group of 13 in early 2019. I have never vacationed at Disney with more than my immediately family. :eek:

I think you have it all in hand and are on your way. I know it woudl be nice to have everybody together, but sometimes breaking up isn't that bad either. I'm heading back in Jan with my brother and we each have someone with us. We are all going to stay together for our first three fast passes and then after that we can go our seperate ways.

I'm here with a group of 13 this week. Learned a ton... tag me to remind me and will be happy to share.
Agree with PP,I'd love to hear more details of how things worked for you too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter