Large parties with more than 1 DAS

olive

DIS Veteran
We have a larger family group headed to Disney this summer. There are two children (cousins) who have gone in the past when the GAC system was still in place, for whom we would visit guest relations to request the DAS. The kids won't necessarily be together in the parks all day, but we are all linked in MDE so we can make dinner reservations together and share plans. Has anyone had a situation like this before with more than one member of a "friend and family" group in MDE having a DAS? Does it cause problems with the system for more than one DAS reservation to be active at the same time? We understand that child A can only have one reservation at a time, but can child B have a reservation pending, as well? They are very different ages and may not always want to do the same things. Of course there may be other times when they DO want to do the same thing, in which case only one child would need to make a reservation. With everything tied to magic bands and us all being connected in MDE, and us all having the same park days reserved, I am not sure how this will work. We will of course ask about it in Guest Services, but I was just wondering about how other families may have experienced this.

Thanks!

Child A and Child B cannot be named on each other's DAS; if they both wish to do the same attraction both will need to get a return time.

In general, only 6 people are allowed on a DAS return time (the DAS-holder plus 5). Guest Relations may allow more to be linked so you can mix-and-match who rides with whom, but each attraction may still limit how many in the party can be given a return time. Any individual may only have 1 DAS return time active. So for example:
  • You (yourself) wish to ride BTMRR with Child A and also ride Splash with Child B, Child A will need to get the DAS return then wait and ride before Child B can get a return time.
  • You only want to ride BTMRR with Child A and someone else with accompany Child B on Splash, both can get their respective DAS return times concurrently.

Yes, however. Adult C cannot be on both A&Bs waitlist at the same time. So that may be a factor when the kids are doing different things and who will be with the

Okay - I think I got it! I did know that CMs can make exceptions to the general rule about party size, because we have gone with larger parties before. But I think I understand that as long as we don't have "dueling" reservations with overlapping parties, it should be fine. So child A and child B can each have overlapping reservations as long as the ride parties themselves don't overlap.

They’re not “overlapping” return times. They are completely separate.

If you have a DAS issued to you, you cannot be included as a guest on someone else’s return time.

No one, DAS-holder or otherwise, can have two return times simultaneously. A DAS holder cannot have two return times simultaneously nor can a DAS guest be on two active return times simultaneously. Any ticketed park attendee, other than a DAS-holder may be associated with more than one DAS holder. When the DAS holder is assigned a return time, he or she will need to designate what guests will be riding with them.

Last edited:
But, the cast member will ask who in the group is going to ride with the DAS person. So you can split up your group that way. Even if you are listed on both DAS, you can separate who will be on the return time for any specific ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter