• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip next week questions

sunsetbeachgal

DIS Veteran
I am a cancer patient who was just able to schedule a much needed Disney trip for next week. Will be staying at the Dolphin and planning just two days in the parks so we can have some relaxation time, and then moving to Universal for two days. I haven’t been to WDW in two years and of course everything has changed!

I have not purchased any tickets in advance but it appears on the WDW ticket availability calendar that all parks are available every day next week. Is there any advantage or problem you can see by waiting to buy tickets until we arrive?

Thank you!

There's no advantage to waiting really unless you think you may cancel the trip for some reason. In fact, there's really only disadvantages in that if parks sell out, you won't be able to get in without your park reservations being made in advance. With that said, next week isn't a crazy busy week or anything so that's not likely to happen.

The advantage to buying the tickets now is you can get your park reservations locked in.

If you wait, perhaps one of the parks will fill up. You might find yourself heading to Animal Kingdom instead of Hollywood Studios, for example.

Getting your reservations locked in now also means you can plan your strategy for your visit. If you want to make a dining reservation, you will know for sure you will be at that park.

In the end, do whatever makes you the most comfortable. Some people want to plan every minute of their visit and make reservations as soon as possible

Others just want to hop on whatever bus shows up first.

Just have fun!

Congratulations on your trip! Disneytouristblog.com just published an article about the pre-Memorial Day Weekend low crowds this month so you should be in the clear. And a back-up strategy is to plan to get a park hopper ticket if a park you have your heart set on is booked out since that would let you switch into any park at 2pm.

The only other downside to waiting to buy your tickets that I can think of is that you'll have to wait in three lines instead of two on the morning you first go to the parks. (You'd have to go through the security line and then go to the ticket purchasing line and then go to entrance line.)

Thank you everyone! I think I’ll buy the tickets a day or two before we get there.

I know you buy the tickets, choose the specific days you want and make a reservation. How does it work if weather is bad and you want to rearrange your park days?

Thank you everyone! I think I’ll buy the tickets a day or two before we get there.

I know you buy the tickets, choose the specific days you want and make a reservation. How does it work if weather is bad and you want to rearrange your park days?
You can go through my Disney experience to change your park selection as late as the day of (as long as you haven't tapped into a park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter