Last one to post........... Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one someone is selling them for $12.00
pretty-in-pink.jpg

with one pair of pants Lyn could make a couple of bookbags and a purse.

I have a pair of Tommy jeans I was going to give away. :scratchin I wonder if I should cut them up and give this a try.

Mom2Ashli said:
Lyn after looking at the picture of your bag I remembered seeing some Jean purses at a craft fair one time. They used the top part of the jeans for the bag. So you could make more than one thing from each pair of jeans.

jeanpurse3.jpg

jeanpurse2.jpg
I saw some of those that were really cute....I read about them recently in the Complete Tightwad Gazzette....the ones I saw had a very cute sash looped through the belt loops and were nicely decorated....DH's pants had too many holes to do it :lmao: but I thought about making it for my nieces and doing applica or emborering (sp?) the pockets...then, I thought maybe they wouldn't want/appreciate a homemade bag.

You know how we go and help my DSis...the last time we went her DH (which I am acutally very close too) made fun of the lunch I made :guilty: It was really tasty ham and cheese sandwhiches I made in my Mickey sandwich maker :confused3 I don't know if he was teasing me or my sister since he was about to go meet some friends for lunch...but his comment was that it wasn't good enough for him... :sad2: so now I am weary about taking food/crafts over there...although last weekend he was asking DH if I was bringing lunch and cake :confused3

Mom2Ashli said:
I have a pair of Tommy jeans I was going to give away. :scratchin I wonder if I should cut them up and give this a try.

go for it! :thumbsup2

Mom2Ashli said:
my bag was actually pretty easy (and I don't have a sewing machine...which would make things faster). I cut the bottom part of the legs and took out the sticking for the outside part of the legs (since it was the easier seam) and sewed the two pieces together after I trimmed them...along the sides and bottom. I use the bottom part of the jeans where there is a nice cuff for the top of the bag (one less area to sew) and then added the accents, rope and liner. :goodvibes

Lyn5 said:
my bag was actually pretty easy (and I don't have a sewing machine...which would make things faster). I cut the bottom part of the legs and took out the sticking for the outside part of the legs (since it was the easier seam) and sewed the two pieces together after I trimmed them...along the sides and bottom. I use the bottom part of the jeans where there is a nice cuff for the top of the bag (one less area to sew) and then added the accents, rope and liner. :goodvibes

Sounds pretty easy, I can sew straight lines.

this will be like last year when we all made pancake shirts :rotfl: :rotfl:

:wave2: time to go

Lyn5 said:
You know how we go and help my DSis...the last time we went her DH (which I am acutally very close too) made fun of the lunch I made :guilty: It was really tasty ham and cheese sandwhiches I made in my Mickey sandwich maker :confused3 I don't know if he was teasing me or my sister since he was about to go meet some friends for lunch...but his comment was that it wasn't good enough for him... :sad2: so now I am weary about taking food/crafts over there...although last weekend he was asking DH if I was bringing lunch and cake :confused3
so he only likes your stuff when it's convienent(sp?) for him??? :confused3 I would be like... uh NO! I'm not bringing anymore sandwiches for him.

taeja71 said:
Sounds pretty easy, I can sew straight lines.
It was...and my lines weren't all straight :rolleyes1 but since then I bought one of those disappearing ink pens :thumbsup2

Lyn5 said:
I saw some of those that were really cute....I read about them recently in the Complete Tightwad Gazzette....the ones I saw had a very cute sash looped through the belt loops and were nicely decorated....DH's pants had too many holes to do it :lmao: but I thought about making it for my nieces and doing applica or emborering (sp?) the pockets...then, I thought maybe they wouldn't want/appreciate a homemade bag.

I have seen some like that also. You could use some of DS or DD old pants to make small ones for the kids. :thumbsup2 I would love a bag like that. :confused3

I think the teasing was probably in reference to the Mickey stamped on the bread. The people that don't love WDW as much as we do think we are off our rockers for the Mickey stuff we buy.

Don't worry about what he thinks. Keep doing what your doing. You are such a nice person and you are always thinking of others.

Lyn5 said:

You did that without a sewing machine? :faint:

Yes my dear it would have made it allot easier.

Well I love your bag and think it is so darn cute.

Lyn5 said:
this will be like last year when we all made pancake shirts :rotfl: :rotfl:

:wave2: time to go

this is the second time I've heard this today...what's a pancake shirt? Knowing me I probably missed the post. :confused3

Well Ladies I am going to hit the hay. See you in the morning.

Have a good night.

Good Ol Gal said:
so he only likes your stuff when it's convienent(sp?) for him??? :confused3 I would be like... uh NO! I'm not bringing anymore sandwiches for him.
he was going to ride his Harley and meet some friends...DH was helping him clean the bike and I brought them lunch and he was like, "I am not eating that, I am having steak for lunch" which I why I wasn't sure if he was trying to aggrivate my sister ...but I did have hurt feelings. I always try to bring them lunch (and her kids and DH are very picky, so I ussually make two dishes, plus a side and dessert)...but they are the ones building the huge, unreasonable house and trying to be the Joneses....I shouldn't complain, but I am so sad that all this cr@p takes away from the quality of life for her kids....

Oh, and I am not jealous in any way....there is no reason for me to be...I just look at is as a waste. I used to worry about her and the kids...but now I just try to do what I can with the kids when they are appreciative...it isn't my life to live and it took me a while to get here. The hard part with lunch is that if I don't make it, my Dad and DH won't eat until after 1:00 and sometimes there isn't enough food...since my sister will snack all day, she doesn't think to feed the hungry, working men. DH needs to drink a lot of water, especially when working hard because of his illness and last Saturday he drank his cooler of water he brought and asked my sister for more water (he was helping DBil and it was hard to get away and my sister wasn't doing anything, I was watching her kids and mine) and she took a long time and finally brought him a tiny little warm bottle of water :sad2:

Hi everyone, just popping in for a quick hello. Getting my presentation ready for the Area office tomorrow (yes Educators do presentations for other adults too!!!)

so I was just "chillin" for a bit.

:wave:

Thanks ladies....sorry for the vent :blush:

Pancake shirts are these shirts were were making last year for our trips...you make this flour/water batter and place it on the shirt, spray fabric paint around and then take off the dry batter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter