Last week in June Trip - Q around VQs and Genie Plus

jetboatguy

Earning My Ears
Hello, our family of 4 will be back at Disney June 22nd through the 28th.

We will hit each park for a full day. Bummed that we wont be able to check out the Tiana ride as we will be visiting MK a few days sooner (26th) :(

However we are still excited to ride Tron for our first time! My question is how likely are we able to snag a virtual queue res at 7am for Tron? Should I anticipate purchasing a LL instead? Also, if we do land a VQ res would it still allow us to make another Genie plus res at 7am? We plan to purchase a LL for 7DMT as that always seems to be a longer line.

We plan to use Genie plus at MK, EP and HS but not sure if it'll be necessary for AK (currently predicting low crowds via touringplans). Open to suggestions!

Its been almost 2 years since we've been back so looking to brush up on my strategies, lol.

TIA!

I hate it when people direct me elsewhere instead of answering a question, but really, these two threads....you need to read them and it will make your trip easier and less stressful. Follow these guidelines and you'll be fine.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-virtual-queue-please-read-posts-1-and-2.3886917/

If you follow these directions, it's likely you'll get the VQ, but if it's important to you, budget for the ILL. Make sure you now how to buy the ILL in case you do not get the VQ.

Yes, you can get a VQ, buy an ILL and get a genie + all at 7am.

It's a family event for us. Everyone has a task to perform at 7am.

Hello, our family of 4 will be back at Disney June 22nd through the 28th.

We will hit each park for a full day. Bummed that we wont be able to check out the Tiana ride as we will be visiting MK a few days sooner (26th) :(

However we are still excited to ride Tron for our first time! My question is how likely are we able to snag a virtual queue res at 7am for Tron? Should I anticipate purchasing a LL instead? Also, if we do land a VQ res would it still allow us to make another Genie plus res at 7am? We plan to purchase a LL for 7DMT as that always seems to be a longer line.

We plan to use Genie plus at MK, EP and HS but not sure if it'll be necessary for AK (currently predicting low crowds via touringplans). Open to suggestions!

Its been almost 2 years since we've been back so looking to brush up on my strategies, lol.

TIA!
During that period last year, the 7:00 VQ for Tron lasted just "seconds." The 1:00 VQ lasted longer if you are willing to wait and ride later in the day. As the prior poster stated, Disney treats the virtual queue, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lanes as separate. You can get a VQ, book a Genie+ LL, and buy up to two ILLs, all at 7:00 if staying onsite. I don't know why Touring Plans is predicting low crowds. I understand the crowds were moderate that time last year. Perhaps they just expect this year in general to have lower crowds?

EDIT: I just looked at the Touring Plans crowd calendar. They're predicting 6's and 7's that week. Those are not low crowds.

1716222612063.png

Last edited:
During that period last year, the 7:00 VQ for Tron lasted just "seconds." The 1:00 VQ lasted longer if you are willing to wait and ride later in the day. As the prior poster stated, Disney treats the virtual queue, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lanes as separate. You can get a VQ, book a Genie+ LL, and buy up to two ILLs, all at 7:00 if staying onsite. I don't know why Touring Plans is predicting low crowds. I understand the crowds were moderate that time last year. Perhaps they just expect this year in general to have lower crowds?

EDIT: I just looked at the Touring Plans crowd calendar. They're predicting 6's and 7's that week. Those are not low crowds.

View attachment 861566

Thank you.

Yes I meant 6 for the day we are going to AK. To me that is a tad on the low end, we have been during some pretty busy times in the past (8/9s) but then again you never know. The day could end up an 8!

This is great info though and much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter