Late August/ Early Sept Anaheim heat versus Orlando heat

firsttimemom

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW in July and August but haven't been to DL during the summer months. Can anyone tell me how Anaheim compares? Thanks!

Anaheim is hot mostly towards noon to late afternoon. It is incredible in the morning and evening. Average temperature is 86 degrees. Average low is 66. Definitely a drier heat than WDW. Upside, DLR is a lot more compact so there isn't as much walking around compared to WDW. I would build in a break around 2pm and return around 4-5 pm. You may get the occasional heat wave so prepare accordingly.

We went to Disneyland mid-September a few years ago, and it was very hot during the day (so much so the monorail wasn’t running for long stretches during the day). However, the second the sun started to go down, it was much cooler and very comfortable!!! Like night and day (literally..ha ha).
My son and I rope dropped every morning, and took a break between 12-5 and then closed out the parks at night. Granted, the parks were open pretty late, so it worked very well. I’m not sure if it’s the same now with Covid.

This is useful info for me to as we'll be there Aug. 24-27. We live in Charleston, SC so are used to the lovely, super sticky southern heat that will still make you drip sweat even late into the evening hours or first thing in the a.m., so this all sounds really great to me haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter