Laundry at the ASR

MAMA G

Earning My Ears
I travel in an ECV, along with 3 kids and an overwhelmed husband
I have tried to do laundry at the allstars - all three and cannot find a good time, I always end up waiting and guarding my laundry along with dozens of other washing machine wannabees. I've tried early morning, late morning, afternoon and late night - I always waste 3-6 hours of my vaca fighting for a washer rather than in the pool with the rest of my family.
Any advice? - besides more packing, we go for 12 days and I can't have one more suitcase! :confused3 :earseek: :confused:

we have always done early afternoon like 1 or 2 and usally dont have to share with anyone.

Use the laundry in the back not the one in the front. It is less crowded and so are the pools.

Or... have you considered renting points from a DVC owner to stay onsite in a villa with full kitchen and a washer/dryer right in your room? Even if you were ina studio at OKW, you would have full use of laundry facilities.

A studio at OKW would cost 8 points/night in Adventure season..which, with current price/point rentals, is about $80/night, with no tax::yes::

I hate doing laundry on vacation (actually, hate it at home too;)), but just being able to throw a load in whenever is wonderful:)

HTH!!

:sunny:

mbb said:
Even if you were ina studio at OKW, you would have full use of laundry facilities.
just wanted to clarify: the one, two bedroom and Grand Villas at DVC have washers and dryers in the villa. The studios at DVC don't, but the washers and dryers loacted by the pools are free and since so many people have a washer and dryer in their own place, the free ones don't get as much use.

Thank you so mucheveryone!! - I guess it's obvious that if I wait until 1-2 in the afternoon, anyone left at the resort would be in the food court and not in the laundry!!!

Thank you also for the DVC advise. There are 7 of us travelling these days, and I can't afford that large a space, but my husband and I look forward to DVC when the little Disney-guys move out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter