Laura and Charles- 7/13/15- Italy/LSS/UK Lochside

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

First off, I want to say how excited I am to start this thread! I've been reading wedding trip reports, etc for years and it's FINALLY my turn!

Introductions:

My name is Laura and I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I'm 26 years old. I am a teacher, travel agent and a stylist at David's Bridal. I've always been a HUGE Disney fan, so getting married in Walt Disney World was always going to be an option on the table. Charles is my fiancé and is also 26 years old. We started dating in our junior year of high school. We have been off and on for 9 years. We got back together about 2 years ago, and have never been better! He is currently an admissions counselor for an online university. He's not really a Disney fan... (sigh), but we both wanted a small wedding, so Disney was a great choice!

Wedding Plans:

Ceremony: Italy Pavilion at 9:00am
Reception: Living Seas Salon
Dessert Party: U.K. Lochside
We are planning a rehearsal dinner, but aren't 100% sure of where yet.

The Proposal:

Backstory: Charles and I were engaged once before in 2009. We were having issues, so I ended things. It was the best thing that could've ever happened to us. We got back together in 2012, and our relationship has never been better. Charles and I went to purchase a new ring together in April. We had planned a trip to WDW for June 15-20, so I didn't keep it a secret that I wanted him to ask me in WDW! Well, he listened!

We left for WDW and checked into the Dolphin Hotel on June 15. We threw down our stuff and headed to Hollywood Studios for our dinner reservation at The Hollywood Brown Derby! We had an unbelievable meal there. During the meal, Charles left twice, and I obviously wasn't paying attention why! Soon after I ordered dessert, a beautiful plate came to the table with my ring on it! He took my hand and asked me to marry him. (He had given the hostess his camera also to take pictures!) I of course said YES! The cast members at The Brown Derby couldn't have been nicer. They printed out special menus for us with our photos in it. Here are some pictures from that night! The restaurant even printed out a menu with photos!

On June 20, 2014, we had an engagement photo session with Randy Chapman! He did a wonderful job.

We also chose Randy for our wedding. He was running a special with Beaute Special, so I am also having them do my hair/make up for the wedding too!

Here are some of my favorite engagement photos.

Hooray for a new PJ! :yay: I love your engagement pictures. Especially the one with the Just Engaged button! They're all amazing. Can't wait to read more!

Hi everyone!

In addition to planning our Disney Wedding, we our planning a home reception on July 31, 2015! We want to keep it casual. I'll still wear my dress of course! We are planning for a buffet (not sure of caterer yet... probably should get on that!) open seating, a dessert bar, dancing and drinking!
Here are some photos of our venue:

Here is what I am thinking for our wedding cake at Walt Disney World:

I'd like to do something like this at our home reception:

I have some questions for you all!
I am going for my planning session January 16. I have no idea what I want to taste for the tasting session! We are doing a brunch reception. We don't want breakfast foods though. I'd like to have the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada. That's all I know for sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome! I love your engagement pictures and the venues you have.

We're having a brunch reception too, but I definitely did want breakfast food. Haha. However, we are having a pasta dish and at least one meat (either the chicken with basil butter sauce or the maple ginger pork loin) with vegetables. You can pick from any of the brunch or lunch menus, or ask them to recreate dishes from Disney restaurants like you said. However, I will warn you that at our tasting, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. :) Our initial pp price was outrageous! We're cutting several things from our menu after our first BEO.

Thank you!!

I've been thinking about what I want to do for transportation... My room block resorts are Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside and The Beach Club. Most of our guests will be at Riverside and Pop Century. I thought about getting a mini bus for everyone. We are looking at possibly 25 people. Otherwise, I'll do the one way vans to get everyone to the ceremony. I would love to get a Friendship Boat to get from the Italy Pavilion to the Living Seas.... But not if it's over $1,000. I wish we could just walk... My planner says that it is "too far" for guests and that we need to be backstage. Just seems like another way for them to nickel and dime me. Lol. As for getting from the reception back to the resorts, I thought about just using the Disney busses... I've received some flak for this. It just seems silly to pay for transportation... Maybe I am wrong. I guess I'll see what my planner says.

Does anyone have current pricing for the Friendship Boat?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you!!

I've been thinking about what I want to do for transportation... My room block resorts are Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside and The Beach Club. Most of our guests will be at Riverside and Pop Century. I thought about getting a mini bus for everyone. We are looking at possibly 25 people. Otherwise, I'll do the one way vans to get everyone to the ceremony. I would love to get a Friendship Boat to get from the Italy Pavilion to the Living Seas.... But not if it's over $1,000. I wish we could just walk... My planner says that it is "too far" for guests and that we need to be backstage. Just seems like another way for them to nickel and dime me. Lol. As for getting from the reception back to the resorts, I thought about just using the Disney busses... I've received some flak for this. It just seems silly to pay for transportation... Maybe I am wrong. I guess I'll see what my planner says.

Does anyone have current pricing for the Friendship Boat?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Unfortunately, the cost of the Friendship Boat seems to have increased significantly. In the most recent version of the Passporters book, it is listed at $1100 one-way, for up to 50 people.

If you find you can swing it, I would definitely look into providing transportation after your reception. If you think about how you're asking your guests to be dressed, and the fact that Disney buses can take some time to come, you're looking like possibly an hour long transit time in semi-formal clothes or whatnot.

I know it's mindboggling to sink so much of your budget into something as meaningless and unappreciated as transportation, but again if you can swing it I believe it's the way to go.

Why must the Friendship Boat be so much? :sad:
I'll probably go with the one-way vans. I'm just trying to stick to the minimums as much as possible for the Wishes Wedding.

My planning session is on January 16. I can't wait to a BEO a few weeks after.

Hi all!!

45 Days until my Planning Session!!! Oh, I cannot wait!!!!

I've got a couple ideas for our menu and what I want to try. We are torn between the plated lunch menu and a buffet. Charles always said he wanted a plated menu, but when we "built" our own buffet, we get a lot more food for the same price... $10 more for an extra salad and extra side...

Here are our choices... Opinions please!

Hors d'Oeuvre: $32.50 per person
Warm Brie and Carmelized Onion Tartlet
Pan-fried Chicken Dumpling
Shrimp Cocktail Bites, served on olive oil bread crouton

Plated Meal: $75.00 per person
Poached Asparagus, Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt
Baby Spinach Salad with Spiced Walnut, Dried Cranberries, and Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
Rosemary and Garlic marinated Free Range Chicken Breast

Build Our Buffet: $75.00 per person for 2 salads, 2 sides, 2 entrees
Brown Derby Cobb Salad
Greek Salad

Sides:
Yukon Gold Potato
White Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese

Entree:
Oven Roasted Baked Chicken Breast stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach, and Fontina Cheese
Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with a Florida Citrus Gremolata sauce, Arborio Polenta with Sauteed Swiss Chard
OR Grilled Pork Chop in a Grand Marnier Demi with Dates and Orange Zest

$85.00 we can add 1 side and 1 salad
Caesar Salad and Baby Vegetables: Zucchini, Eggplant, Portobello Mushroom and Sweet Peppers

Dessert Party:
I don't even know if this is even possible... but I want to see if we can do Burgers, Fries and Shakes of $28.50 per person. That sounds like tons of fun and it would be perfect!

What do you think? I'm leaning towards the buffet.... I need to narrow down 6 choices to try at the Planning Session.

Thanks all!!

Well, we've decided to go with the buffet option! We are going to see how much that will set us back. Hopefully under the $125 minimum so we can include our bar with the minimum. I'm also hoping our guests won't be heavy drinkers since its lunch time!

We plan on having a bar at the Dessert Party. We are thinking beer, wine and The Sultan's Colada from Morocco!

I can't wait for my Planning Session!

I'm a huge fan of the buffet just because it gives your guests options. I can't wait to see what you pick at your planning session. It's getting closer!

I also like the buffet option! Regarding the bar, you know your guests best - I was actually surprised when the final receipt came back on how much our guests drank, considering our reception was 11-3 (and we're talking liquor here, not just beer and wine). Hope you don't end up with quite the same shock ;)

As for the bar, I have some drinkers and some non. I feel that the BOC would be the best option instead of a package bar.

I am trying to decide on videography foe the wedding. I REALLY would like to use Trinity, but I worry about money. I can't go over Disney's minimums, is I thought I would include Disney's videography with them.

Do any of you have opinions on Disney videography?

As for the bar, I have some drinkers and some non. I feel that the BOC would be the best option instead of a package bar.

I am trying to decide on videography foe the wedding. I REALLY would like to use Trinity, but I worry about money. I can't go over Disney's minimums, is I thought I would include Disney's videography with them.

Do any of you have opinions on Disney videography?

I personally would agree that BOC would be your best bet. That at least opens the option for getting some of your money back. We're only doing a wine and mimosa bar BOC, but our reception is 11-3 so I'm assuming our guests will be okay not having hard liquor during that time. :)

We initially talked about using Disney video, but the price is SO HIGH for what you get. We have a 7 hour package with Trinity for just a little more than Disney charges for the ceremony only package. If you can make it work with minimums, I might consider looking at outside video for that reason. I know for awhile STVS Video and Randy were doing a special if you booked both of them because they enjoy working together. I'm not sure if that's still in effect, but might be worth looking into. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking a BOC would be our best bet too!

I'm having a hair trial with my hairdresser here at home on NYE. I haven't had my hair up for a really long time. I think in the hot-humid July weather, an updo might be best! I'll take plenty of pictures for my hair trial on January 16 with Beaute Special. Does anyone know who I should request?

I'm trying to meet with Rev. Kev when I'm in Florida. Charles isn't religious and wants a non religious ceremony. I am somewhat religious, and want some aspects in there. He's willing to compromise, but I'm not sure where. We will have to have some phone conversations with Rev. Kevin.

Charles and I were originally going to go to Jamaica for our honeymoon. He wants to go with his friend to Thailand in the Fall 2015 (and I don't want to go... Lol) so instead of Jamaica, we are staying extra at WDW!! :woohoo
So here is our new itinerary!
Laura: July 10-July 13 Port Orleans Riverside with my family
Charles: July 10-12 Beach with His parents, July 12- Port Orleans Riverside
Charles and Laura: July 13-15: Beach Club Standard Room
July 15-21(or 22) Wilderness Lodge- Woods View

On a REALLY exciting note... I asked my room block coordinator, Kristen, if we could pay to upgrade to Preferred Rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, be she said that all of the room block rooms for POR have been upgrade complimentary! I'm so excited. Last year when my family went to POR for Christmas, we had preferred rooms for my grandma. It was a closer walk to the food court and the bus stop for her.

I'm so excited for my planning session!! 25 days!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a safe, and healthy holiday season.

In exactly 2 weeks, I will be in Walt Disney World for my planning session!!! Ah! I can't believe it is so close! I've gone over Carrie's book so many times and have taken lots of notes. I think I am prepared.

I had my hair trial yesterday. Here is what my hairdresser came up with!

I also had my first dress fitting the other day. I'm so excited. I just need to decide what kind of shoes I want...
I bought these...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...h-ab-crystals-ajustin10_accessories-all-shoes

But I am wondering if these would be better...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...nestone-ornament-kelsey_accessories-all-shoes

Charles and I are the same height, so I would be taller than him. I just need to decide which shoes are better.

I think I am going to go with STVS video. They offer a special with Randy Chapman for way less than what Disney is offering. I'll wait to make a decision until after the Planning Session.

Also, Charles and I have made some honeymoon changes. We were going to go to Jamaica, but plans have changed. Charles wants to take a trip to Thailand with his friend and I have no interest in that! lol So to compromise, we get extra days in Walt Disney World!

So here is our new plan!

July 13-15- Beach Club
July 15-21 (or 22)- Wilderness Lodge

I'm also currently pushing for a December 2015 trip to WDW... we will have AP's after all!

That's all I have for an update for now. We are going house hunting tomorrow!
Talk soon! :woohoo

Your hair trial turned out beautiful! I love your headpiece. I think both shoes are pretty, but I personally like the sparkly ones you bought the best. :)

I'm also trying to push for a December 2015 WDW trip... but our APs will expire by then, so I don't even have that argument. Haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter