Laura & Craig PJ (WP/CG 12/14/09) - Invitations Done 9.2.09

Donald'sGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! Well I am finally starting my Planning Journal so here goes….

How We Met:

Craig and I were actually set up by a mutual friend 4 1/2 years ago but we had actually met twice briefly about 2 years before than. In April 2003 I was taking my son, Taylor, to Disney for the very first time and was bringing a couple of friends with me. One of them was our mutual friend Evan. Without me knowing Evan had called Craig (he was going to school and working in Orlando) and told him we were coming down and he should meet us the day we were going to Universal – Evan knew that Craig had a crush on me from the first time we meet. I had no clue! :confused:

While we were at Universal I had wanted to go on the Doctor Doom's Freefall and nobody would go – except Craig. So, we walked up to the ride and just as we got in line he pulled me close and kissed me! I was shocked but very happy and we have been together ever since!:love:

We have actually been long distance dating for most of our relationship. He moved from Orlando back to Mass where I live for 2 years but about a year and half ago moved to Virginia for work. When we get married he will be moving back to MA. :yay:

The Proposal:

In September 2007 Craig gave me a trip to Disney for my birthday – :banana: – and he had planned for us to go in May 2008. About a month or so before our trip and we were playing a game of Monopoly and we put a bet on the game. If I won I would get my long awaited carriage ride at Disney and if he won he would get…..you know I can't actually remember probably because I won! :rotfl2:

So, Craig booked our carriage ride the night we were going to go to California Grill for dinner to see Wishes. We were staying at POFQ and the do carriage rides at Riverside. We started the carriage ride and about half way through the driver pulled over in front of a fountain and handed a beautiful flower arrangements with Cinderalla's glass slipper and tiara on it. Craig handed me the flowers, pulled out the ring and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes and proceeded to cry and kiss him. :love2: I think my crying shocked him, I don’t think he was expecting that! :rotfl:

So, now we are in the midst of planning our Dream Disney Wedding!!

Here's is what we know so far:

Date & Location: December 14, 2009 – ceremony at WP and reception at CG (Napa Room)

MOH: Janet (my sister)
Bridesmaid: Karen T. (best friend)
Flower Girls: Kaitlyn & Rachal (god daughters aka Karen T's daughters)

BM: Mark (Craig's brother)
Groom: Bob (Craig's dad)
Ring Bearer: Taylor (my son)

Ok, so I really should get back to work….but I promise I will post pictures soon. ( I have to hit that 10 posts mark.)

Ok, I think I have figured out how to post pictures so here goes:

This is Craig and I right after we got engaged
232323232%7Ffp53393%3Evq%3D32%3A%3B%3E782%3E983%3EWSNRCG%3D3237%3C25%3B53555vq0mrj

Here is the flowers
232323232%7Ffp53397%3Evq%3D32%3A%3B%3E782%3E983%3EWSNRCG%3D3237%3C25%3B44%3A%3A%3Bvq0mrj

Here is a picture Taylor with Craig
232323232%7Ffp533%3C8%3Evq%3D32%3A%3B%3E782%3E983%3EWSNRCG%3D3237%3A%3B3687%3A79vq0mrj

Yay, it works!!:banana:

Our colors are lavender and lilac. (DF's favorite color is purple) It's only been about a month and I alreday have my dress bought and my MOH dress bought! :cool1: We are going to go get BM Karen's dress this weekend.

I fell in love with my dress as soon as I saw it online. I called around to find who had it so I could try it on. Finally someone was able to help me in getting this dress. I was so discouraged at first because I called 3 bridal shops asking about the dress and how to get it and all I got was we don't have it - Sorry.

I was like what??? :confused3 So, I finally found a store who told me they don't have the dress but the company that makes the dress (Bonny) let's you order the dress, try it on and if you don't like it you can return it and only pay for the shipping. I was like awesome! :thumbsup2

So, I went down about 2 weeks ago and got measured and we ordered the dress. It came in a week later before the 10 days he said it would take and I sceduled a appointment for 2 days later. I was dying I couldn't go that night but when baseball is in season, my son's game has to come first. (He won that night!)

Thursday I gathered my mom, MOH (sis), BF & BM Karen, and other friend Karen and headed to the store. I put the dress on and fell in love!! :love:

Here is the front of the dress
1701l.jpg

the back
1701b.jpg

I also found my MOH and BM dress online as well. I was looking at alll the styles on a ton of sites and nothing came up that I liked. Wouldn't you know it all I needed to do was go to Ebay! :rotfl2:

I immediatly emailed it to my sister who approved and we got the dress and sash for $50 plus shipping!!!:thumbsup2

s06_F1286_victorianlilaclilac.jpg

I got home today and guess what was in my mailbox but a packet from Disney Weddings! :dance3:

I was so excited, I called Craig right away. His response "that's good honey"
WHAT??? Isnt' he more excited?? He loves Disney as much as I do but wedding planning not so much! :rotfl: Oh well! I will be reading it inside and out today but looking at it breifly I think this has a lot of information I have already gotten from you Disney brides here! :yay:

Which reminds me I need to call our coordinator Joe (He is so nice and wicked helpful!) to set up a site visit. Craig and I are taking Taylor to Disney in July for his 11th birthday! He is growing up so fast :( so we are going hopefully try to squeze this in.

He can't wait to be the ring bearer even though he will be a little old (12) when when we get married. Maybe a junior groomsmen instead???

I found my cake topper. I am hoping that Disney can replicate the table cloth for a two tier cake as we are only having 30 people. Has anyone had a request like that?
5a91_1.JPG

Oh also found our favors (copied from other brides on here) but love the idea because we are getting married near Christmas.
78684.jpg

78685.jpg

and place holders
bellwithdanglingheart-M.JPG

well I guess that's all for now! To be continued....

Your story is adorable! I just started my PJ yesterday as well! Your DF sounds incredibly romantic! Good Luck on your wedding planning, your cake topper is cute, and I love the CG!
And, we are also having the bells as place card holders.. I'll let you know how that goes..lol...

OMG I love your cake topper!! I was going to do the other L&tT one, where they are putting their paws in the cement, but I was worried it woudl be too heavy. I think i'm still going to try and get it from Ebay for my collection anyway!! I'm just waiting for it to be cheaper than $75!!

I hope Disney can make that cake for you!! It would be GREAT!!!

:lmao: I just realized that you're even farther out that me!!! My VR is 12/12/2009

I reallly like your cake topper! Lady and the Tramp things are so sweet looking! Of course, I love pups!

Nice start to your planning journal. What a great story :lovestruc And your dress is gorgeous, good choice!!

Aww, Thank you! When the smaller size comes in I will have to remember to bring my camara to take pictures of me in it!

Your story is adorable! I just started my PJ yesterday as well! Your DF sounds incredibly romantic! Good Luck on your wedding planning, your cake topper is cute, and I love the CG!
And, we are also having the bells as place card holders.. I'll let you know how that goes..lol...

Awesome, I will look for your PJ and read it! He is even though he doesn't think it! :rotfl: Oh that's so awesome our weddings are 2 days apart!! :woohoo: I am hoping our cake topper won't be that heavy but they have things that hold it up because I have seen people use the Cinderella one and that has to be heavier...well at least I think so.

I reallly like your cake topper! Lady and the Tramp things are so sweet looking! Of course, I love pups!

Thank you! I love it to. Craig has given me every year on our first date anniversary a Lady & the Tramp card so it has a lot of meaning behind the choice.

Yesterday I had emailed Joe our coordinator and asked if we could do a site visit when DF, DS and I come down in July for DS's 11th birthday. :cool1:

So, we are tenativley booked for July 5th at 9am! :goodvibes Only down side having to wake up so early in the morning as the night before we are going to be at MK for Wishes and extra hours (they are open until 2am!) I asked for a later time but we will see. Hopefully we can get it moved up a little but if not 6am wake up it is!

Other than taking a ton of pictures is there any questions I should ask while I am there?

congrats and welcome! everything looks great so far! congrats on getting your planning session scheduled. looking forward to hearing more of your plans...:goodvibes

Wow, Westford! You're minutes away from me (especially the way I drive! :lmao: )!

I love, love, love your dress! I'm big into dresses that break up in the front, and you get another layer underneath. They're gorgeous.

And I love the lilac/purple theme. That's great!

That's awesome that you already have a coordinator! I was under the impression that you couldn't really do anything until the 12month mark, so you have given me inspiration to at least call!:laughing: Maybe I'll get some info mailed to me or something! It's been driving me nutty not being able to do anything for my wedding! Congrats again! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

Wow, Westford! You're minutes away from me (especially the way I drive! :lmao: )!

I love, love, love your dress! I'm big into dresses that break up in the front, and you get another layer underneath. They're gorgeous.

And I love the lilac/purple theme. That's great!

Thanks!!!!!!! Yeah, I saw you post on another thread and I walk like NASHUA! OMG! It is minutes the way I drive as well! :rotfl: It's so cool!

That's awesome that you already have a coordinator! I was under the impression that you couldn't really do anything until the 12month mark, so you have given me inspiration to at least call!:laughing: Maybe I'll get some info mailed to me or something! It's been driving me nutty not being able to do anything for my wedding! Congrats again! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

I called right at my 18th month mark and they "penciled" me in for my date, locations and time and assigned me a coordinator, Joe (awesome), and he just sent me a huge information packet. Once everything is confirmed and we sign the contract at the 12mn mark then we get assigned a wedding planner and get the other booklet that everyone talks about. You should totally call if you are at your 18mn mark! :thumbsup2

Your DF sounds so sweet. :) I bet your son loves him.

Where are you planning to go for the SV?

He does! They play video games for hours - they completely forget about me! :rotfl2: But it makes me so happy to see them together! :hug:

We are planning to vist WP and Napa Room at CG. I will let everyone know when we get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter