Layout of the 6th floor of AKV Jambo House

WithFaith50

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a layout of the 6th floor of AKV Jambo House? My understanding is that there are only five possible locations for a studio (concierge level).

Thanks…:)

The 6th floor rooms on the Sunset Savanna side are slightly different than those on the 5th floor. Specifically, the rooms above 5202 and 5203 are reversed. The first room is a studio, numbered 6201 and the next room is a 1BR numbered 6202. The rest of the rooms on the Sunset side and all of the rooms on the pool side are the same as those on the 5th floor with the same room numbers except that they start with a 6 instead of a 5.

Be aware that you cannot make a view request for these villas. You will have to take whatever they give you. Also, if you are hoping to see a lot of animals you would do better to book a Savannah View villa. The views from the Concierge villas that face the savannah are not great.

Does anyone have a layout of the 6th floor of AKV Jambo House? My understanding is that there are only five possible locations for a studio (concierge level).

Thanks…:)

There are five two bedroom lockoffs. Three on the savanna side, two on the pool side.

We had the 1 bedroom 6202, fyi - it's handicapped. No tub, just a roll-in shower.

Be aware that you cannot make a view request for these villas. You will have to take whatever they give you. Also, if you are hoping to see a lot of animals you would do better to book a Savannah View villa. The views from the Concierge villas that face the savannah are not great.

Actually, you can. Just like anywhere else. It just may or may not be granted and since there are so few rooms and room combinations if you want what everyone else wants, well, someone is going to be disappointed. We requested last time, it was noted without any comment that we couldn't request a view and we actually got it. :thumbsup2 We actually requested the 1BR pool side since we knew the savannah side was poor anyway and we've had enough of savannas w/ no animals on it. It was nice to be steps form the elevator and the lounge!

I have a 1-bedroom club level resie. Am I allowed to request "not a handicapped room"? Or is that politically incorrect and not allowed? I don't care if I'm on the pool side or the savannah side.

(I realize that requests are not necessarily met.)

Does anybody know how many of the 1-bedrooms are handicapped accessible? I wonder what the odds are, since there are only five 1-bedroom units.

I have a 1-bedroom club level resie. Am I allowed to request "not a handicapped room"? Or is that politically incorrect and not allowed? I don't care if I'm on the pool side or the savannah side.

Does anybody know how many of the 1-bedrooms are handicapped accessible? I wonder what the odds are, since there are only five 1-bedroom units.

Only 1 2-bdrm is HA. That means that one studio and one 1-bdrm is HA.

Based on the floor plans, the next 1BR down from 6202 (it will be numbered 6204 or 6205) is also HA but it is the type of HA room that has a tub.

Even though 6202 is an HA 1BR, the attached studio is not HA. As far as I'm aware there are no HA Concierge studios.

In the past some members have added requests like "need a tub" to avoid the HA rooms with roll-in showers instead of tubs.

Based on the floor plans, the next 1BR down from 6202 (it will be numbered 6204 or 6205) is also HA but it is the type of HA room that has a tub.

Even though 6202 is an HA 1BR, the attached studio is not HA. As far as I'm aware there are no HA Concierge studios.

In the past some members have added requests like "need a tub" to avoid the HA rooms with roll-in showers instead of tubs.

Hmm, DVC News seems to agree with you. They are showing 6302 as handicapped accessible 1 bedroom with roll-in shower, no whirlpool tub. They are showing 6205 as handicapped accessible one-bedroom with tub/shower. And no handicapped accessible concierge level lock-off studios.

It was great to see where the rooms are in the building - thank you to PP who posted that link. Now I'm all :yay: about my trip even though it's months away.

And here is what most likely will be waiting for you in your room when you check in. It was AWESOME! We used that mini cooler each day after that. :goodvibes Speaking of which, where is that thing??? ;) We were there last Oct. So it may be different. The congrats chocolate was for our 20th anniversary we were celebrating.
(just ignore the McD's fry box behind it. ;) )

AKVcarepackage.jpg

My one and only request when we stay CL at AKV is now "bathtub required" or something to that effect. Perhaps that is the PC way of putting it.

And here is what most likely will be waiting for you in your room when you check in. It was AWESOME! We used that mini cooler each day after that. :goodvibes Speaking of which, where is that thing??? ;) We were there last Oct. So it may be different. The congrats chocolate was for our 20th anniversary we were celebrating.

AKVcarepackage.jpg

Curious. Did you stay on cash or points? We stayed on points twice and got congratulations chocolate for my daughter's graduation with her Masters degree, and the other time for my birthday. But nothing more. We stayed on cash in 2010 (Platinum plan actually) and got little beaded keychains like they sell in the gift shop and chocolate, but that is all. Still more than we got on our point stays though.

AKVcarepackage.jpg

It is not usual to receive all of that.

We've gotten little chocolates by the bed in 2 concierge stays.

And here is what most likely will be waiting for you in your room when you check in. It was AWESOME! We used that mini cooler each day after that. :goodvibes Speaking of which, where is that thing??? ;) We were there last Oct. So it may be different. The congrats chocolate was for our 20th anniversary we were celebrating. (just ignore the McD's fry box behind it. ;) )
This was not the gift when we stayed in June, it was an assortment of chocolates. I also got a separate set of chocolates(smaller) and a pin for my birthday celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter