• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Layout of the 6th floor of AKV Jambo House

I have never needed a HA room (and generally much, much prefer to have the regular bathroom), but we may need one for an upcoming trip.

Is that just a preference you note when you make the reservation? I know I haven't seen it as a separate booking category, so if we tried to book HA Concierge level AKV, would it still just be a luck of the draw to get it since there is just one? (If we travel with the person who would need it, we really could be in trouble if we didn't get it, so this worries me.)

I have never needed a HA room (and generally much, much prefer to have the regular bathroom), but we may need one for an upcoming trip.

Is that just a preference you note when you make the reservation? I know I haven't seen it as a separate booking category, so if we tried to book HA Concierge level AKV, would it still just be a luck of the draw to get it since there is just one? (If we travel with the person who would need it, we really could be in trouble if we didn't get it, so this worries me.)

I would say that if you really NEED it, you shouldn't just hope for the best because they can't guarantee it w/ so few rooms. You'd be better off booking a regular room w/ accessibility either on it's own or in addition to your club room if you really *must* have the club part. It might just have to be a choice between having club and the probability of no HA or having HA and no club. There isn't much they'll be able to do if that room is already taken when they go to assign your room to you. I know you said you may or may not need it. You're going to have to choose at this point what is most important. There just aren't enough rooms to be able to have everything you want, for sure.

I would say that if you really NEED it, you shouldn't just hope for the best because they can't guarantee it w/ so few rooms. You'd be better off booking a regular room w/ accessibility either on it's own or in addition to your club room if you really *must* have the club part. It might just have to be a choice between having club and the probability of no HA or having HA and no club. There isn't much they'll be able to do if that room is already taken when they go to assign your room to you. I know you said you may or may not need it. You're going to have to choose at this point what is most important. There just aren't enough rooms to be able to have everything you want, for sure.

That's sort of what I was afraid of. Before we bought DVC, we stayed in Club Level all the time, and we never needed HA rooms anyway. Since we bought DVC, we've not even tried to book CL. We do travel sometimes with someone who needs an ECV, but can safely manage in and out of the tub, so that hasn't been an issue. However, we may be taking a relative with us in late 2014 or early 2015 who would certainly need a HA room, if she is even able to make the trip. (That's looking more and more unlikely, sadly.) We've thought she would enjoy the additional pampering, and the daily mousekeeping, that CL provides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter